Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

3 months into HRT and starting to have fears and doubts about transitioning

Started by Lisa, August 05, 2018, 09:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drexy/Drex

Some really good advise here .....2 yrs in I still see a man in the mirror .... sometimes I see female and that's nice....
I don't worry what others think.... sometimes I see the changes in my body ....lack of sex drive etc , and I wonder if I'm making a hash of things ..but then I remember how I felt  before hrt ....and I can never go back to it ....I find the mind space is the important thing  for me ....all the other things like passing etc pale in significance  they are nice
But sanity is more important
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Kate.claire

Thanks Kirsten,

You're of course right,  it's good to remember back to pre-HRT.  Certainly wasn't a place I was happy in,  and I won't go back there now.  I like myself better now,  even if the changes haven't been quite what I had hoped for. 

For anyone starting out, I'll vouch for starting a journal, it's amazing how quickly you can lose perspective of where you were before mentally for comparison. I never purged myself in my non-hormone days, certainly not going to now that I am on hrt.  Think I've just hit my trough of disillusionment now that I'm 6 months in and nothing seems to be progressing any further.  Of course I knew better,  but in the back of my mind there was always this stupid fantasy that I would have atypical results in the changes department... I got it,  just not on the tail of atypical I was hoping for.  🤪

Best,
Kate
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•