Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The aging unicorns

Started by Satinjoy, August 08, 2018, 06:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satinjoy

5 years in an mtf nonbinary transition, living publically androgyne, or stealth male, or stealth female.

Even the misgendering becomes old and an I don't care anymore kind of thing.

Late transition, risking it all, home, job, marriage, when the wall hits us and the mirror no longer is our friends.

Dysphoria shattered me like glass.

And we weather the storms and find our truths and live or die or crack up or become lonely or find happiness living true.

I found it.  But theres always a sadness too.  Its very deep.  I transitioned so late, the cistem had me.

For the longtimers here in this section of the aging Unicorn forest, how long have you been here?  How long have you accepted and lived your truth?

What is your biggest takeaway?

Its hard for me to explain mine.  On the nonbinary side it was discovering my gender is a me, nonlinear.

On the human side, there came a point that its just my gender.  I am an androgyne, my definition of what that is is my own. 

What a roller coaster ride it has been.

Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

MaryT

I'm a 62 year old trans female.  For as long as I can remember, I've accepted that I have a female mind.  Except for a couple of periods of publicly wearing women's clothes when I was young, though, I spent most of my life trying to hide it from all other people.  Fear of violence, arrest, discrimination, institutionalisation and rejection by family and colleagues.  Now that all of the people I used to care about are gone, and the world has changed, some of the fear is also gone.
  •  

Devlyn

10 years transgender.
5 years knowing I'm genderfluid.
0 years in the Unicorn Forest, though a unicorn I truly am.

I  always felt this section to be very cliquey, and I never belonged to the clique.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Virginia

A few reflections from an "aging" aging unicorn:
Non binary folk have always been the most accepting of me. I spent alot of time in this part of the forest back in 2009/10, but ended up finding a home at Bigender.net

I reached a fork in the road when I realized my need to express myself as another gender was because I had developed Dissociative Identity Disorder as a survivor of childhood sexual and psychological abuse. That truth came about three years later.

My biggest takeaway over the last, now almost 10, years is an appreciation for the power of the human mind and the strength of the human spirit. They are inseparable. And when the two are in harmony, they are invincible.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •