Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you bury your past or embrace it?

Started by Satinjoy, August 11, 2018, 09:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nina

I have no photos, ID, or documentation from the past, but I do reflect on the past once in awhile.
2007/8 - name change, tracheal shave, electrolysis, therapy
2008 - full time
2014 - GCS Dr. Brassard; remarried
2018 (January)  - hubby and I moved off-grid
2019 - plan originally was to hike PCT in 2020, but now attempting Appalachian Trail - start date April 3.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Our past is just that, our PAST... and without it we wouldn't be where we are today.
Every once in a while I will turn the pages (actual paper pages) in my private/personal journal and diary that I started keeping up to date when I was in 7th grade.   There is a lot of revealing detail in the what I wrote then that orchestrated my transition in later years when I was in college up to now.   
There are family pictures and other various pictures, report cards, school picture albums, events that I attended, friends that I had made, old employment resumes, my HRT progress reports and photos, etc....  .... basically all my life experiences that I have documented.   

I do not bury my past, I do indeed embrace my past, it is and will always be a part of me. 
On cold rainy nights I will sometimes cuddle in my comfy chair in front of my fireplace and sit and read for hours, sometimes bringing tears to my eyes and sometimes a smile to my face.   Keeping a private and personal journal and diary, at least for me, is very beneficial personal therapy...  it lets me see problems that I encountered and then solutions that I took to overcome those problems.

Just my opinion, that is all...............
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Cailan Jerika

I embrace my past. Since I'm AFAB bi-gender (both binary male and binary female) it doesn't bother me at all to embrace my female history, and it feels great to finally embrace my guy side. There is nothing in my past that bothers me all that much, and so much to celebrate. I certainly wouldn't take down our wedding picture, nor my senior photos. Everything that was good, which is 99% of it, stays.

So, I embrace everything about my past. Even when I get my name changed (I think it will happen next month!) I am keeping my female birth name, just adding on a male name.

•