Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Wishing the best results for you Emma.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Emma1017

Thank you O&C and Chrissy. 😊❤️
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Emma

Sorry I was thanking and liking posts 5+ years ago.  Then I realized, you have come a long way since then.  I'm so happy that you thrived.

Best wishes and hugs
Sarah H
PS I will talk to my brain and eyes.
PSS I also send my best wishes and speedy recovery from your surgery
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  

davina61

Thinking of you today, best wishes me dear XXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Emma1017

Sarah thank you for you your support.  We all need that on this incredible journey!  I also loved your own story on your blog. So many parallels in everyone's stories.  It is amazing the we get to compare and contrast our experiences with each other on our blogs.

Thanks for thinking of me Davina.  Surgery is at 2pm today and all I can say is "It's about time!". ;D

•  

Iztaccihuatl

I guess by now you are already through surgery. I hope everything went well and you are already on your path of recovery.

Hugs,

Heidemarie
  •  

Emma1017

Yes Iz, home now and ate a double egg sandwich...starved.  All that is left is healing...Sooo Happy!!!

•  

Jenn104

Quote from: Emma1017 on February 23, 2024, 05:59:27 PMYes Iz, home now and ate a double egg sandwich...starved.  All that is left is healing...Sooo Happy!!!

Wooo Hooo! Congratulations.

Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

EllenW

Emma,

Congratulations, wish you a speedy recovery

Ellen
2018 - Full Time
2019 - Legal Name and Gender Change
2021 - MDV GCS with Dr. Ng (UCLA)
2021 - BA
2023 - PPT Vaginoplasty with Dr, Gupta
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks Jenn and Ellen. YAY!!!!!❤️❤️❤️
  •  

imallie

Congrats Emma!

Now just rest and recuperate!!!
  •  

Oldandcreaky

A double egg sandwich sounds great. I hope you're sleeping now.
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks Allie. My wife has been yelling at me in a good way to lay down and stop going up and down the stairs. She is of course, right. The surgeon gave her the rule book.😊

O&C the egg sandwich tasted great!  I actually got a good nights sleep and when I woke up, my wife had fresh coffee, a banana muffin and the newspaper on the table for me.

She is wonderful and worth everything everthing we have done to stay together. ❤️

•  

Brooke Renee

Quote from: Emma1017 on February 24, 2024, 07:43:30 AMThanks Allie. My wife has been yelling at me in a good way to lay down and stop going up and down the stairs. She is of course, right. The surgeon gave her the rule book.😊

O&C the egg sandwich tasted great!  I actually got a good nights sleep and when I woke up, my wife had fresh coffee, a banana muffin and the newspaper on the table for me.

She is wonderful and worth everything everthing we have done to stay together. ❤️

Hi Emma! 

Wow, I am so happy that the surgery went well.  It sure sounds like your wife is taking very good care of you!  I can only imagine the relief you are feeling, I am so very happy for you Emma! 

Warm Hugs,

Brooke
  •  

Emma1017

Thank you Brooke I can always use a hug!  It has a been a huge relief on so many levels.

Five years ago I thought we were divorcing after 42 years of absolute love.  It tore me apart. Strangely when Susan's system crash and they brought back my posts from, it reminded me how far we have come as a couple.

Separately, I have waited a lifetime to rid myself of my something I have been tucking since I even knew they were there. Fairly they did give me two beautiful sons and a loving family, so arguably it was worth the wait....but the wait is OVER!!!!!😁

I have a sense of finally feeling closer to me even if I am compromising to be we with my wife❤️.

•  

Brooke Renee

Quote from: Emma1017 on February 24, 2024, 08:46:35 AMThank you Brooke I can always use a hug!  It has a been a huge relief on so many levels.

Five years ago I thought we were divorcing after 42 years of absolute love.  It tore me apart. Strangely when Susan's system crash and they brought back my posts from, it reminded me how far we have come as a couple.

Separately, I have waited a lifetime to rid myself of my something I have been tucking since I even knew they were there. Fairly they did give me two beautiful sons and a loving family, so arguably it was worth the wait....but the wait is OVER!!!!!😁

I have a sense of finally feeling closer to me even if I am compromising to be we with my wife❤️.

You and I are paddling in the same "compromise canoe".  And like you, I am not ready to give up our years marriage, which oddly enough are very close to the same amount of time as you.  If our lives were different and we were able to make decisions long before these relationships were forged I'm sure our GCS experiences would be a long and distant memory.  But, life had other plans and here we are. 

Injury necessitated that one of mine was removed, just getting rid of one of them was an amazing experience.  I can only dream of sending the other one packing! 

Cheers Girl! 
  •  

davina61

Good news dear, hope its not painful . Look after the missis ,give her a hug from meXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I am glad the procedure went well Emma, and I hope that the pain will be tolerable for you.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Emma1017

So far so good. On double Tylenol and staying away from the heavier stuff. Just threw out my leftover spiro pills with joy!

It is funny that put me in a jock strap  for support.  That will be another history.

Brook, the two sons and decades of family were worth it.  Given world in the 70's and 80's, life for trans women was filled with greater hate, less healthcare, more poverty and AIDS.  I think I got a better deal than those pioneers.

Davina I will absolutely take you up on that hug offer. She deserves it!

Chrissy pain kid totally bearable vs my happiness. Red wine in two more days.
  •  

REM.1126

I hope everything went well.
  •