Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

HRT is working - seven calm days in a row

Started by barbara1962, September 06, 2018, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbara1962

I had written earlier that I had a peaceful day at work and attributed it to the HRT kicking in at last. Well, now it's been 7 days in a row in spite of all the usual trials and tribulations of everyday living and working. The E and Spiro have apparently changed my emotional outlook in a very positive manner. I feel really great about myself. I wish I had started transitioning years ago. Although I can't possibly go full time right now, I am going to shift the way I present on weekends from androgynous to "tomboy" by adding more makeup to the mix. I have been much too cautious up to now. The worst that can happen is that I could be "read". That is bound to happen at some time anyway. It happens to all of us, doesn't it? To twist a cliché a bit - faint heart never became fair lady (sorry). Buffalo is going to meet Barbara!   
  •  

Shellie Hart

I felt wonderful (and peaceful) for several weeks when I first started HRT. It was a bit of a "high" I guess. But it wore off after awhile unfortunately. I feel great in other ways now simply because HRT (after 2 1/2 years) has formed my body into a nice female shape that makes me happy in other ways. It all depends on the individual it seems...
  •  

Michelle_P

I loved that calm sensation when it first appeared. 

Several weeks into HRT I started experiencing these calm periods, at first for several hours, and then for days.  It was amazing.  The irritation that I had felt, sort of like the buzzing of a beehive, but not an audible hallucination or anything, just a constant background agitation, had been present and intensifying for decades.  When it vanished at first I didn't recognize the change, beyond feeling really good, really calm, and able to drop into my daily meditation in seconds instead of 10-20 minutes of trying to calm and center myself.

I THINK this corresponded to the big drop in Testosterone levels.  As my Estradiol levels rose I had an improvement in mood and energy, also appreciated, but the fading of this odd 'alarm' state from the back of my mind is the most significant, critical mental change I got from HRT.

This was the change that told be I was on the right path, that I could survive after all.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •