LizK

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

HappyMoni

Laurie, you have come so far from the little girl who locked her keys in the car. I just hope that if you proceed, you will not insist on the surgery being in that truck of yours. You are an awesome person who can never say my name. Maybe this surgery would help that. Wherever your path takes you, I just want you happy.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Rachel

Congratulations Laurie.

You will need to make a new box :)
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Lucy Ross

Hi Laurie, are you still going to Christina for electro?  She always insisted that OHP was the only insurance option for coverage, and that some colleague of hers had tried it and was still waiting to be reimbursed, but this isn't true at all, under the right circumstances anyway - I'm still not certain how that all works.   It has to be in conjunction with work done by a clinic or something.  I had to stop going to Christina as I was earning minimum wage and had some debt to get out of the way and was flat broke. 

I just received my go-ahead letters from my insurer (Providence) for an orchi next month and GCS with Dugi in the not too distant future.  The seminar OHSU has on their program is well worth attending, they set me up with a Providence caseworker who's been a lot of help.

Another electrologist in Beaverton, Alice Berry,  told me Providence only covers genital electro but people at the Q Center support group told me that isn't the case, my caseworker should be able to help me out there.  This is essential as Alice and the gal in Oregon City charge double for genital electro - $150/hr or so.  Alice kind of chewed me out for going with Providence and their stuffy regulations - I chose them because the premiums were a few $$$$ less and I was under the impression electro wasn't covered by anybody - but my experience with them in re: providers/HRT/therapy has been fine.  Incidentally I went to that Q Center group just last Friday, for only the 2nd time - first time it wasn't really my cup of tea - but had a lot more positive experience this time around, and might make it a monthly thing. 

Another thing the Q folks mentioned is that Toby Meltzer and Ellie Ley are coming to Portland soon, to give a seminar or presentation or whatever on setting up a GCS clinic here.  This is interesting as Meltzer used to have his practice here, until the super-stuffy church-ran hospital he was at told him to get lost.  This would be great as Dugi really needs someone to take up some of his workload.  I don't know who the surgeon would be - Meltzer's due to retire soon and I assume Ley's content being in AZ.  Maybe someone they'd train. 

One of the Q folks was ranting about what a pain in the hinder Toby's daughter is.   :D  It was pretty funny to hear about.  When Toby was still in town my therapist used to send folks to him too - she remembers him being a bit too impressed with himself.  Also that a major factor in moving to Arizona was for the golf. 
1982-1985 Teenage Crossdresser!
2015-2017 Middle Aged Crossdresser!  Or...?
April 2017 Electrolysis Time  :icon_yikes:
July 12th, 2017 Started HRT  :icon_chick:
  •  

Laurie

@LizK

You think you are safe poking fun at me and saying I will need to p...p...pl...make commitments and stick to them. Lest you forgot I do own a passport now...

@HappyMoni

Thank you Minerva. You are right, that day I locked myself out of my pickup I was a frightened little girl that did not know what she wanted. Though that trip was a great time for me and I enjoyed it a lot, I can't say I was happy then. Though I still have problems and issues to work through, I am happy today and I think I know where I am heading in transition.  FYI Moniica or Moni as you prefer to be called I can and did say your name when I want too. So there :P :P :P :p Give that wonderful wife of yours a hug for me please.

@Rachel

Thank you Rachel. Call me dense or something but what box would that be besides the one the surgeon would make? I think I am missing something, sorry.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Lucy Ross on September 23, 2018, 09:54:41 PM
Hi Laurie, are you still going to Christina for electro?  She always insisted that OHP was the only insurance option for coverage, and that some colleague of hers had tried it and was still waiting to be reimbursed, but this isn't true at all, under the right circumstances anyway - I'm still not certain how that all works.   It has to be in conjunction with work done by a clinic or something.  I had to stop going to Christina as I was earning minimum wage and had some debt to get out of the way and was flat broke. 

I just received my go-ahead letters from my insurer (Providence) for an orchi next month and GCS with Dugi in the not too distant future.  The seminar OHSU has on their program is well worth attending, they set me up with a Providence caseworker who's been a lot of help.

Another electrologist in Beaverton, Alice Berry,  told me Providence only covers genital electro but people at the Q Center support group told me that isn't the case, my caseworker should be able to help me out there.  This is essential as Alice and the gal in Oregon City charge double for genital electro - $150/hr or so.  Alice kind of chewed me out for going with Providence and their stuffy regulations - I chose them because the premiums were a few $$$$ less and I was under the impression electro wasn't covered by anybody - but my experience with them in re: providers/HRT/therapy has been fine.  Incidentally I went to that Q Center group just last Friday, for only the 2nd time - first time it wasn't really my cup of tea - but had a lot more positive experience this time around, and might make it a monthly thing. 

Another thing the Q folks mentioned is that Toby Meltzer and Ellie Ley are coming to Portland soon, to give a seminar or presentation or whatever on setting up a GCS clinic here.  This is interesting as Meltzer used to have his practice here, until the super-stuffy church-ran hospital he was at told him to get lost.  This would be great as Dugi really needs someone to take up some of his workload.  I don't know who the surgeon would be - Meltzer's due to retire soon and I assume Ley's content being in AZ.  Maybe someone they'd train. 

One of the Q folks was ranting about what a pain in the hinder Toby's daughter is.   :D  It was pretty funny to hear about.  When Toby was still in town my therapist used to send folks to him too - she remembers him being a bit too impressed with himself.  Also that a major factor in moving to Arizona was for the golf.

Hi Lucy !

It's been a while! Wow you have been busy haven't you? I am happy for you that you have decided to go for GCS with an orchi first. I have thought of that as I really do want to lose a couple of annoyances. I imagine you read that I just decided to work towards  GCS myself.
  Yes I am still seeing Christina. In fact tomorrow I will see her. I have asked for electrolysis through Kaiser which I have just joined. It's another thing I am working on.
  I am glad you are getting the help towards your on GCS and help through the Q center. I still am not fond of it's location. I am not thrilled about the Kaiser Gender Pathways Clinic's location either for that matter. It is up there in Portland on Interstate ave. I hate both areas. I do have a Kaiser clinic right her in Tualatin as you know. As for that OHSU vaginoplasty class goes I am signed up for it on the 16th of next month.

Hey Lucy, it is nice to hear from you. Don't be such a stranger.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Lucy Ross

Hey Laurie, say hi to Christina for me, I miss hanging out with her.  Is she going to work on your bikini area too? I never asked if she even does that kind of work. If she can bill insurance I'd go back to her asap, she's the closest to me and does a good job, far as I can tell.

I didn't consider GCS until I figured out that it can be covered by insurance. Another person at the Q center had vocal surgery covered by insurance - while living in Georgia.

I'm not crazy about driving into PDX either, the traffic is brutal. The other day I heard that about 100 people move to Portland every day. That's just nuts.

I'm not much for online friendships, so don't post here much; but thanks for saying hi, I'm glad you're doing well too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1982-1985 Teenage Crossdresser!
2015-2017 Middle Aged Crossdresser!  Or...?
April 2017 Electrolysis Time  :icon_yikes:
July 12th, 2017 Started HRT  :icon_chick:
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on September 23, 2018, 10:54:39 PM
@LizK

You think you are safe poking fun at me and saying I will need to p...p...pl...make commitments and stick to them. Lest you forgot I do own a passport now...

Hugs,
  Laurie

GULP  :icon_bunch:
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Faith

Quote from: LizK on September 24, 2018, 05:49:29 AM
GULP  :icon_bunch:

Relax Liz, you're safe. She can't drive her truck there and anything else requires planning. We all know how she is with that. Now, if Michelle gets involved that's another story altogether.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on September 24, 2018, 06:41:15 AM
Relax Liz, you're safe. She can't drive her truck there and anything else requires planning. We all know how she is with that. Now, if Michelle gets involved that's another story altogether.

If Michelle gets :eusa_shifty: involved I'd better get my running shoes on  :icon_rockon: :icon_walk:
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

sarah1972

Wow Laurie - I missed you getting ready for GCS too!! Seems like we have a whole new class together.

So glad you have made so much progress already and I am happy to read that things went mostly OK so far.

Please keep us updated and don't forget to give your dilators names before you head into surgery  ;D ;D

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Rachel

Did you make a box for Clyde?

Well, you will need to make a new box :)
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Rachel on September 24, 2018, 07:21:19 PM
Did you make a box for Clyde?

Well, you will need to make a new box :)
@Rachel

Rachel,

I had an idea that was what you were intimating.  LOL  But I am sorry to tell you your memory seem a bit faulty.

I rescued Clyde and enshrined him in a place of honor in a preserves jar on my desk. To help jog your memory here is a picture of Clyde as he is now...

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: sarah1972 on September 24, 2018, 07:47:03 AM
Wow Laurie - I missed you getting ready for GCS too!! Seems like we have a whole new class together.

So glad you have made so much progress already and I am happy to read that things went mostly OK so far.

Please keep us updated and don't forget to give your dilators names before you head into surgery  ;D ;D

Hugs,

Sarah

There we are even then Sarah

Hugs,
  Laurie

@sarah1972

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Not much to report about. I have done a couple things though. The first is I brought up my medical record from the VA online and found testosterone labs gong back ovre a year and printed them out. These are needed for my electrolysis referral through Kaiser. While I was online looking at my records I decided to download and burn a CD of it for my Kaiser Doctor. It goes back to some events in 2009 up to the current month. I also have my latest labs and status after my last GP visit. That should be most of what she asked for, for moving forward along the path to GCS.
  Another thing Kaiser needed is the 2 WPATH letters. I have reconsidered stopping my therapy visits and have an appointment with him on the 22nd. I should be picking up my letters then. Both of them.  By that time I will have attended the class she wanted me to attend also. I will then me able to give her everything I can give her now for my GCS.
  The only thing she mentioned that I will probably need to have retested is my breathing and pulmonary function tests since the last one was 4 years ago and since my emphysema has gone from some to extensive in my CT scans. This is on test that I think there is a possibility of them not liking. We shall have to find out.

Well that's all folks.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

LizK

Hey Laurie
One more step...it won't be too long till you have yourself a date to aim at.  Glad to hear its all coming together for you.

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Thanks Liz.  I was surprised how much I already have done for getting the referral. stuff like enough therapy to get letters, they haven't asked for it but RLE is done. Been on hormones long enough. etc. Nothing big left really. It's more of a waiting game than anything else now. Well I do need that referral and consult.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on October 04, 2018, 12:54:23 AM
  Thanks Liz.  I was surprised how much I already have done for getting the referral. stuff like enough therapy to get letters, they haven't asked for it but RLE is done. Been on hormones long enough. etc. Nothing big left really. It's more of a waiting game than anything else now. Well I do need that referral and consult.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Hi Laurie....well....you have been doing this a long time...and you have overcome a number of hurdles along the way...so its no real surprise that you have met requirements.

Hugs
Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: LizK on October 04, 2018, 01:05:58 AM

Hi Laurie....well....you have been doing this a long time...and you have overcome a number of hurdles along the way...so its no real surprise that you have met requirements.

Hugs
Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, but.......

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on October 04, 2018, 03:55:06 PM
Yes, but.......

Yes but...now for the ⚡️ologist to start work down below!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•