Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Mindy's Ramblings

Started by Melinda@heart, October 11, 2018, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melinda@heart

So, Oct 30th 2018 will be my 6th month mark on low dose HRT. I have an appointment schedule for the 23rd to talk to my doctor. I have decided I want to go full transition dosage. The only thing I'm dreading is a higher dose of Spiro as I do not like the side effects. (US based, she tells me there's nothing else she prescribes as an anti androgen). I did read someone else's thread about injectable E being available again so I may ask her about it.

A couple of things I want to note for myself about HRT so far:

After about 2 months my nipples became tender. Clothes rubbing on them doesn't seem to make it worse but if i bump them.. ouch! My breasts seem to fuller. I had man boobs to begin with but they seem to be filling out a little. Even my boss knows. She's my ex GF and I'm out to her.

I just recently noticed that after shaving my stomach and chest hair is growing back more sparse. I seem to have some bald patches. I think I'll try waxing to see if that helps speed up the process. I hate body hair. Facial hair and body hair grow much slower.

My labido has diminished but my function has not. If I seem to go through periods of intense horniness (usually for a day or two at most) then nothing at all for a few weeks.

No change noticed in my mail pattern baldness. I'm going to ask for a fenasteride  prescription on the 23rd.

I painted my toe nails pink yesterday. I found a bit brighter pink so I'm repainting them tonight.

My skin definitely seems softer. Even without pampering it.

No cat redistribution yet but I know that can take years and probably needs a higher HRT dose to be noticable.

Mood seems to have mellowed considerably. I'm not depressed and in a funk all the time. I don't get irritable as quickly as I did previously. I can still irritated though, mostly at my boss because of her work ethic.

Overall I'm happy with the subtle changes so far. I'm looking forward to this journey. I'm not sure how HRT can do for me but I'm excited to see. I've also become more dysphoric about my testicles. I'm fine with my penis which strikes me as odd, but maybe that will change. I mean, if someone said to me today, "I'd like to pay for GCS". I would jump at the opportunity. But having the penis doesn't cause me the dysphoria that my testes do.

Anyway, that's my 6th month update or 5.5 if you want to be specific.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edit: I've lost 20 pounds since starting on April 30th 2018. My intention is to lose at least 90 more. That would put me around 165lbs but I'm taking what I can get and I'm happy about it!
  •  

Devlyn

I didn't like Spiro one bit. The orchiectomy solved that problem, and I'm loving the look, feel, and clothing fit of having a penis but no testicles.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Melinda@heart
Dear Melinda:   ... or do your prefer to be addressed as Mindy? ???
I am so very glad to see that you have started your thread that will not only allow you do document your HRT journey but also to permit your thread's readers to go along with you in your exciting transition journey.

At the 6 month point in HRT, as you noted, you are experiencing more and more exciting changes more quickly now.
What you denoted in you first post on your thread here, are all the things that sound quite normal with 6 months of a HRT regimen.

As you have probably read on the various threads here on the forums, HRT does not work exactly the same for every one.  It is all up to your unique body and your unique genes.  For some, they will experience more significant changes more quickly and for others they may experience less significant changes more slowly.

The adage that we say around the forums is "YMMV" meaning that Your Milage May Vary .... so Patience is required for sure. Nothing happens very quickly with HRT but changes WILL HAPPEN.

Thank you for sharing your experinces on your thread with all of us.   In your successes we will rejoice with you and with your frustrations and disappointments we are here to lend an ear and a shoulder to lean on.

I will be eagerly looking for your updates as you feel so led to post them.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Melinda@heart

Devlyn,

I have been seriously contemplating having them removed. I'm sure tucking is so much better without them! I can't seem to get mine to stay up in there. It's annoying.

Danielle,

I'm really becoming partial to Mindy. My friend Amy likes to call me that and I rather like it. You can call me which ever you like better. Trust me, I've been called worse things. [emoji44]

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello Melinda

Thank you for your 6 month update. My 8 month update/record is also here on HRT Board on page 2.

I think we have a few things in common. Certainly I hate body hair more than genitalia - the latter I hate also but the former gives me the greater dysphoria. Incidentally I also paint my toenails but I prefer red.

It is wonderful to read you are making such progress emotionally and physically. I assume that on Oct 23rd you will have your blood checked.

I wish you every happiness as your continue your journey.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Melinda@heart

So, I went shoe shopping today. I wanted something cute to wear around the house. The last time I purchased women's shoes I bought a size 12 and they were way too tight. So today I bought a size 12w, but when I got home and tried them on on they were way too big. My left foot was at least 1/2 a size smaller than the shoe. The right was slightly smaller but both were too wide. It distressed me a great deal. I started thinking I'll never make it as a woman. This is a mistake. Blah blah. Then I told myself, No! I grabbed the shoes, took them back to the store and told the clerk (who was very sweet) the problem. She took me over to the 11s and I tried on an 11w and it fit perfectly. Then we tried on a few pair of regular width 12s and they fit pretty good.

I'm amazed that apparently HRT has caused some my feet to shrink some. Is this typical? Has anyone else experienced this?

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Melinda@heart on October 12, 2018, 03:44:53 PM
> I'm amazed that apparently HRT has caused some my feet to shrink some. Is this typical? Has anyone else experienced this?

This has definitely happened to some of us.  I started MTF HRT 15 months ago and dropped one shoe size.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,240318.0.html
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Melinda@heart on October 12, 2018, 03:44:53 PM
I'm amazed that apparently HRT has caused some my feet to shrink some. Is this typical? Has anyone else experienced this?

Quote from: Kendra on October 12, 2018, 06:27:15 PM
This has definitely happened to some of us.  I started MTF HRT 15 months ago and dropped one shoe size.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,240318.0.html

@Melinda@heart    cc: @Kendra
I had exactly the same experience.... my shoe size dropped a full size and in some shoes 1 1/2 sizes.
Also, lost an inch of height to just below 5'4".... 

Thank you again for starting your thread that you can post and share with us about your journey!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

pamelatransuk

Yes Melinda I am one of those girls in Kendra's attachment who was/is most surprised to witness foot size especially width reduction.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Melinda@heart

This makes me soooooo happy! Hopefully I can go down one more size. That size range is much more affordable and they have so many cute choices!

I decided to include a pic of the shoes I bought.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Melinda@heart on October 13, 2018, 09:16:18 AM
This makes me soooooo happy! Hopefully I can go down one more size. That size range is much more affordable and they have so many cute choices!

I decided to include a pic of the shoes I bought.

You are so lucky Mindy!  I struggle finding cute shoes that fit.
The wide range of sizing between manufacturers makes it tough.
Sometimes 11's fit, but sometimes they are 13's!

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Melinda@heart
Dear Mindy:
Very cute shoes... I love the little bow in the front... and the White color is so compatible with many outfits and occasions that you dress up for.   

I like the open-toe styles myself, it allows us to show off our polished toe nails.  Your legs are looking very good too!
Unfortunately now that winter weather, rain, and soon more snow is starting to arrive, the open-toe styles are usually not well-suited.

For sure, once women's shoe sizes get much larger than size 10 or 11 it becomes more difficult to find the cute styles and wide selections.   My shoe size went down from a size 9 (women's) now to a size 8 or even a 7 1/2 in some shoes.

This is really great news for you, I am trusting that there are many more good things to come for you in your HRT journey.

Thank you for sharing and posting.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

JudiBlueEyes

I'm glad you took those shows back and got the right size.  They look so nice!  And you have great looking legs too!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Melinda@heart

Thank you ladies for the compliments!

I was looking at my dresser this morning and decided it wasn't looking very lady like. Lot of man stuff mixed in with my girly stuff. Time for a clean up!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Melinda@heart on October 14, 2018, 08:06:28 AM
Thank you ladies for the compliments!

I was looking at my dresser this morning and decided it wasn't looking very lady like. Lot of man stuff mixed in with my girly stuff. Time for a clean up!

@Melinda@heart
Dear Mindy:
Yes, time to clean it all out.  Congratulations for coming to that point in your life.
There is a time for all transitioners to do the very same things in all the areas of their life.
Once I became full-time I got rid of everything male... clothing, shoes, underwear, cosmetic items, bathing items and accessories, jewelery ... everything!   There is no way to go back to male-mode especially with the way I look with the help of HRT and other procedures.   It is so affirming now to step out of the shower and look in the mirror and see a blonde blue eyed woman... hair a mess and no make up...
....  but a woman and for sure... "Happiness!!!"

Things will just keep getting better and better for you as you continue in your journey...
I will be checking on your thread and your progress as you keep on keeping on.
Best Wishes and Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Melinda@heart

Danielle,

You're just wonderful! Thank you for being so uplifting and encouraging. I see why you have so many suitors now! Also, love the profile picture of your painted toes!

•  

Melinda@heart

Just got done seeing my therapist. We spoke about the lack of resources for transgender people here in my area. I told her I had the desire to help other transgender people like myself and that it would be nice if we had a place to go to meet and get to know other transgender people. She said, well, maybe you should make a place.... That really got me thinking about it. Maybe I could a Go Fund me page rp get donations to buy some place and make it a safe place for others to come visit and be themselves. Anyone have ideas?

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Melinda@heart on October 17, 2018, 09:36:38 AM
Just got done seeing my therapist. We spoke about the lack of resources for transgender people here in my area. I told her I had the desire to help other transgender people like myself and that it would be nice if we had a place to go to meet and get to know other transgender people. She said, well, maybe you should make a place.... That really got me thinking about it. Maybe I could a Go Fund me page rp get donations to buy some place and make it a safe place for others to come visit and be themselves. Anyone have ideas?

@Melinda@heart
Dear Mindy:
Your ideas about creating a place for like-minded transgenders to meet is certainly a good one....
... however, I am thinking that you might want to start with a less grandiose plan...

"walk before you run"   In other words I would not jump into right away buying a place to meet... it might be more prudent to rent a small meeting hall for the first several meetings to see how it goes and how many in your community will attend and be involved. 

If you search around you might even be able to utilize a free meeting room somewhere... get out there and make some personal appeals with various clubs and organizations that may have a space or something available for a good cause.

Please keep us all updated......
Thank you for sharing your thoughts,
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

JudiBlueEyes

I think its great that you are thinking beyond yourself.  As Daniele suggests though don't go in too deep too soon.  You might contact a few local churches to see if they would host your meetings.  That what me and a friend did several years ago, although ours only lasted so long.  We made a small donation to them each week we used their meeting room.   Best of luck!!!!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Melinda@heart

6th month Doctor visit:

I went to see my doctor for my 6th check up. After the initial "What's changed? / How are you feeling?" She checked out my boobs. She was impressed at the results I have had and was more so that they are growing evenly. She was really surprised at the growth from 3 months ago. She was also happy that I lost 20 pounds.

She then asked if I wanted to increase my dosage. I eagerly said Yes! So, she doubled my E. I told her I wanted to wait on the Spiro until she got my blood work results. I really dread increasing the Spiro. I'm hoping a higher dose of E will help suppress my T. She didn't seem worried about bad blood work results as I have changed my diet and lost weight. She was very excited with the results so far.

We spoke about me starting fenasteride for my hair loss and she agreed. She said she would put it in as urinary issues for insurance purposes but the pharmacy told me BCBS denied it and it was going to be $100. I sent my Dr. A message via the patient portal to see about an alternative. Maybe even a higher dose and I can just split the pills. We'll see.

I'm really excited to see what changes over the next 3 months. I do intend to lose more weight. I definitely want this belly gone. Also, I have a fat pubic area and I would love for it to go away. Something else to work on!

•