Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Mindy's Ramblings

Started by Melinda@heart, October 11, 2018, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@Melinda@heart
Dear Mindy:
I will consider your update as a good news report.   
It is great that you made some progress on your weight loss... wow, down 20 pounds in 3 months.  Keep doing what you are doing so you can get to you goal weight sooner than later.

Oh, and don't fret over an increased dose of Spiro... it is an evil necessity for most transitioners, your doctor will keep tabs on your blood tests to make certain that things are going as they should.

I trust that you can get your insurance and HRT dosage issues worked out to your satisfaction and soon.

HRT usually never does anything really quickly but changes will happen and certainly after 3 months you might be seeing more significant changes more frequently. 

Thank you for keeping all of us up to date as you travel down the transition road.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Mindy

I am so happy for you on 3 counts - your significant HRT progress, your weight loss and your doubling of dosage of E.

Please feel free to show your E&T Blood Test results but only if you wish of course.

Good luck on arranging a suitable AA and wishing you further success on your journey.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Melinda@heart

So, I have been really struggling the past few weeks. There are a lot of things making me contemplate my continuation of HRT.

Money- My current financial state can't support any gender confirming surgeries I may need. FFS, Orchi, etc. are off the table for me financially.

Support- I have one friend who openly encourages me and wants to do everything she can to help me with the journey and I love her for it. Two of my other friends know but have been pretty quiet on the subject. My other friends and family do not know. I struggle with telling my family. I'm afraid their reaction will be extremely negative and I just can't handle that right now.

Unhappy- I have been unhappy since I was a teen. Life has not been what I would call fulfilling. I exist. That's about all I can say about how I feel right now. I'm seeing a therapist but I dont feel it is doing any good. I have never had a job that I loved. I made great money managing a couple of stores for a cell phone company for about 5 years but I didn't love it. I didn't even like it most of the time. So, I left. Money isn't everything. Now I'm an office administrator for a family owned financial advisor. Again, I dont enjoy it. I'm existing...

I'm considering stopping HRT for the above reasons but also because I just dont know if I'm ready for more changes. My breasts are getting bigger, my skin is so soft, my body hair is lessening but I dont know if this is what I want anymore. I dont know if I can cope with the consequences that will no doubt arise.

I do know I need to get healthier than I am. My LDL was way up on my 6th month Blood tests and my HDL was down slightly. I've asked my Doctor about Niacin. Just waiting for a response. My dear friend got a membership to Planet Fitness and has offered to sponsor me so I can go workout with her. She lost over 50lbs in 4 months and has really been trying to help me achieve my transition goals. I plan on taking her up on the offer when I can get over my self conscious anxiety issues.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

JudiBlueEyes

I'm sorry to read that you're down Mindy.  I can suggest looking at the long term goals rather than today or short term.  Your job is just a vehicle to help you move forward.  We all get stuck in dead end jobs at time but we eventually move on. 

Are you being completely honest with your therapist?  Or is this the right therapist for you?  Sometimes we need to shop around in order to find one where we "click" and feel comfortable.  Just a thought...

Hold off on talking to your family if you believe they will be negative.  You don't need that right now.  Thats a nice offer from your friend.  Take her up on it and who knows you may also meet other people and broaden your circle of friends.

All my best, Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Jaime320

Quote from: Melinda@heart on October 23, 2018, 03:15:45 PM
6th month Doctor visit:

We spoke about me starting fenasteride for my hair loss and she agreed. She said she would put it in as urinary issues for insurance purposes but the pharmacy told me BCBS denied it and it was going to be $100. I sent my Dr. A message via the patient portal to see about an alternative. Maybe even a higher dose and I can just split the pills. We'll see.

I've had issues getting BCBS to cover fin as well. Get the app called GoodRx and use the coupon. I pay about $10 per month out of pocket with coupon.
  •  

Kendra

Mindy here's a big hug. 

Judi is right - this is all for the long term.  You will encounter setbacks, questions and questionable days. 

Don't read too much into other peoples' reactions as very few usually understand the reasons why anyone would transition.  This is about your future and making the best decisions.  Some important decisions don't have to be immediate. 

Surgeries can be helpful, but I've found the most important change is within my mind and discovering new ways to enjoy life. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Melinda@heart

Just a small update. My Dr. Doubled my E today! I'm super excited. I'm now on a full transition dose. I took Jaime320's advice and checked out Goodrx. It's a life saver! Thank you! My Finasteride and Phentermine only cost me about $11 bucks now. Without it the Phentermine alone was $100.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens over the next several months on my new dosage. Also have plans to start working out several days a week. I'm going to force myself to at least go for a walk if the gym isn't an option that day.

Tootles,
Mindy

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Melinda@heart
Dear Mindy...
You have every right to be very excited regarding the increased HRT dosages that your Doctor has prescribed.

Oh, and the Goodrx option for your meds is really good news...
....a great money saver... thanks to @Jaime320 and her suggestion for you.

I will be looking for your updates as you progress with your HRT journey...
Thank you for sharing your comments and ramblings with your followers.
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Melinda@heart on December 05, 2018, 10:34:46 PM
Just a small update. My Dr. Doubled my E today! I'm super excited. I'm now on a full transition dose. I took Jaime320's advice and checked out Goodrx. It's a life saver! Thank you! My Finasteride and Phentermine only cost me about $11 bucks now. Without it the Phentermine alone was $100.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens over the next several months on my new dosage. Also have plans to start working out several days a week. I'm going to force myself to at least go for a walk if the gym isn't an option that day.

Tootles,
Mindy

•  

Jaime320

•  

Melinda@heart

Thank you to all who replied here and offer advice or encouragement. I may not always respond to your posts, but I read each one and appreciate your thoughts.

Now, a quick update....

Since my Doctor increased my E i have been feeling great! Mentally, Physically, Emotionally... it has been absolutely amazing! Before the increase I was in a funk. Meaning, i was severely depressed, miserable, tired constantly, grumpy and generally unpleasant to be around. I also had the notorious brain fog and I lacked any drive to do ANYTHING.

With the E increase it's like I'm a different person. For the first time in over 30 years I feel alive and hopeful. I just feel "right" mentally.

The numbers that display when I step on the scale keep going down and I can see my body changing. I'm getting hips and my boobies have grown a lot. I completely fill the 44A Leading Ladybra I bought now. A few months ago I had a lot of room to spare in the cups. I had not tried it on in a few months, but after replying to Sophiesmom's thread I decided to check it out again. Glad I did!

Saturday I went and had sushi with my BFF Amy. It was delish. Afterward we went to Old Navy and I bought 2 sets of gym clothes. I start going to the gym with her today.

I'm still finding it difficult to sit down and talk to my parents about my transition. My fear is one of them (most likely my mom), will have a heart attack right there on the spot. The guilt would kill me. This is probably an unreasonable fear, but a very real fear is that she will reject my choice based on her religious beliefs. I know she would never reject me or disown me but not supporting my decision to transition would be just as devastating emotionally.

Anyway, chow for now!

~Mindy

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Mindy

This is a wonderful uplifting summary! I am so happy for you.

So much good news to report: mental and emotional and physical development, weight loss and hips and boobs.

I wish you the best of luck in telling your parents (if you choose to do so).

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Melinda@heart

I guess my last update got lost somewhere over the past few days. So, I'll give another new one. [emoji16]

I went to see my Doctor today. She is so awesome. I'm starting a new/old job on the 28th. It's on a Marine Corps base. I decided I wanted to cut back on HRT dosage due to life changes so I made an appointment with my Doc to discuss it.

The first thing she says when I walk in is "Hey, do you want to switch to injections? I can get them now, and wow look at your boobs!" Hahah i was like omg. She asked me to show them to her. (I'm not complaining! She's cute.) Anyway, after groping my chest and then my growing hips, she was all smiles and excitement. Then i dropped the bomb and told her what I wanted to do. We discussed my dosages and goals on depth. We discussed switching from Spiro to Bicalutamide. She was sad after all my great progress on Spiro but also very understanding. She suggested we wait on my blood work results before making any changes in medication but we did lower my dose of Spiro a bit.

I love the results I have achieved but I want to lose more weight and save up some money for future procedures before I let my boobs get bigger. My Doctor said I could expect some DDs in another year at this rate. I want my face and hair to catch up before I get bigger in the chest. I know a lot of people might not agree with this method, but hey, it's my body and my journey and we are all different. I have to do what is best for me in my own time. I'm so thankful for informed consent and the changes that have been made to accommodate women like me. I'm so grateful for those who paved the way and I wish your journeys had been easier. Thank you to all those who went before me.

I am looking forward to my journey, no matter how slow it may be.

•  

Jaime320

Glad things are positive. It's your journey do as you see fit. FYI Acceptance on base is changing. Especially Pendleton/Miramar area.  It's a struggle at times, but no more so than say the south. I'd keep doing what you're doing unless you don't plan to transition on that particular job.
  •  

Melinda@heart

Thanks Jaime. I'll be on the East Coast in NC. I just feel I need to slow down the boob growth at the moment. When I'm ready to go full time I'll be ready for them to explode!

•  

Jaime320

Too each their own. Let's just say you'd find a few friends among the sea of green. I know that area as well.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Melinda@heart
Dear Mindy:  
It is wonderful for me to see that you are updating your thread again after a ONE MONTH gap in your postings on your thread.  Please try to keep your followers from having withdrawals from a lack of doing what followers do....  we are your biggest fans and supporters and it is always nice to see your updates....  if you give us good news we will rejoice with you and if you give us a not-so-good report we are here with our ears to listen and our shoulder for you to lean on.

Oh yeah I saw your update on January 10 and I replied with my comments but that all appears to be lost and disappeared as a result of the recent Susan's Place server crash and recovery.  Thank you for providing us a replacement update.

That is certainly good news that you reported about getting your new/old job back.
Related to that and your other life changes I can understand why you went to your doctor yesterday to discuss your HRT progress, dosages and perhaps backing off the HRT somewhat while you sort out your life details.   
I was very pleased to hear that your doctor was impressed with your body changes so far in your HRT regimen
          (wow, DD's in another year !!!!  that will be difficult to hide) 
but it is good that you thinking clearly about how fast and/or how slowly you want to progress with your transition.
All of us have to figure that stuff out in our own transition journey and how and when we come out to our loved ones, family, friends and co-workers....  this can be a delicate matter in many cases so I am glad that you have discussed all of this with your doctor.

Please know that here on the forums that we realize that this is indeed YOUR JOURNEY and you have to be the one making the decisions about the details and timing as you continue on with your life plans.   Whatever you decide to do we will be behind you supporting your every move.

Again, thanks for coming back to your thread to update all of us once again.
Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

•  

Melinda@heart

Thanks Danielle. I always appreciate your positive encouraging posts. I will try to be more conscientious, of those who read my threads feelings, by posting more regularly. I try to update when I feel something significant or meaningful has occurred. Starting a new job will take a lot of my time in the coming weeks, but I will stop by when I can.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Melinda@heart on January 17, 2019, 09:25:51 AM
Thanks Danielle. I always appreciate your positive encouraging posts. I will try to be more conscientious, of those who read my threads feelings, by posting more regularly. I try to update when I feel something significant or meaningful has occurred. Starting a new job will take a lot of my time in the coming weeks, but I will stop by when I can.

@Melinda@heart
Dear Mindy:
Absolutely only post when you feel so led and only about things that you feel comfortable about sharing on your thread.

Wishing you well with your new/old job.

I am always eager to read your comments.
HUGS...
Danielle

•  

Melinda@heart

It's 4am here. I woke up to go pee and can't  fall asleep again. I lay here enjoying the feeling of the soft sheets on my smooth skin. HRT has done wonders for my body. My body hair has thinned significantly, it grows much much slower. My skin is so smooth! I'm getting curves and boobs!

And yet, I lay here doubting what I'm doing. This is something I have wanted all my life. Something I have dreamed of or wished for, for as long as I can remember. And yet I doubt. Is it because of my religious upbringing I wonder? Is it me subconsciously telling myself this is wrong because of those religious beliefs? I thought I had settled that line of thought within myself months ago. I don't feel guilt, remorse or shame for what I am. I believe I was just born this way.

Maybe it's just fear. I am afraid of rejection and being alone, but then again I've been alone most of my life. I was bullied throughout junior high due to being short and overweight. It wasn't until my freshman year of high school that I had a growth spurt and for a few short years felt ok with the size of my body if not the shape. I had a LOT of girlfriends in high school. I'm not sure why, but I didn't keep a GF more than a few weeks. There were just so many to choose from. I had to catch them all!

It wasn't until the very end of my senior year that I actually really fell in love with someone. Or maybe it was just lust, or some combination of the two. I dated her for one month shy of a year. Then she cheated on me. It broke me. It hurt me deeply. Not just because of the cheating. It was because of the lies she told about me afterward. It was because her brother was my best friend at the time and he believed her lies. It was because her dad was the pastor at our church and he believed her lies too. It was because my parents stayed at that church and I felt betrayed by them for not leaving. I felt like I lost everything in one fell swoop. It was like the executioner's axe fell that day and cleaved everything I loved from my life. It devastated me.

Our brains are funny things. All of that was how I felt then. The reality was something different. I had cheated on her months before with her best friend. In her house. In her bed. What kind of person was I to do something like that to someone I loved? All she did was kiss her ex. I slept with her BFF in her bed. I was such a hypocrite for my thinking back then the way I did. That whole situation could have been avoided had i been faithful. Actions and consequences....  Who would have thought that something that seems so trivial would have such a profound impact on the rest of my life?

You see, after that I lost my swagger, my confidence. I lost the ability to tell someone that I really liked how I felt about them. I feared rejection. To this day I still deal with that. I haven't asked a woman out in years. It's just easier not to. I have dated since then. I had a few in my early 20s. But they were all married. I think I dated married women because i knew it wouldn't go anywhere. I knew how the relationship would end. I mean, they were already married and cheating with me so there was no way in hell I would ever get serious with them. Until I fell in love with Cristela that is., but even that love ended painfully.

I think now that what is holding me back from taking the plunge into full time womanhood is indeed fear. Yes, fear of being rejected by friends, family, society. Fear of not passing, not being woman enough. Fear of being mocked, ridiculed, assaulted or killed. Just because people don't understand why we are the way we are and they can't accept us or allow us to do what we need to do to live. To live...

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...  unless you're transgender, or something else the world doesn't fully understand. Then you don't have those inalienable rights. No, you are deemed a degenerate, a pervert, a freak. You become something even the very worst of society looks down on. All because of ignorance and unwillingness to even try to understand us.

So yes, it is fear that causes my hesitation in living full time as a woman. My life experiences have eroded my confidence. Years of isolation and solitude have deprived me of the social skills needed to make a support group of friends to help me through this period in my life. Fear sucks. Now that I know what is holding me back, maybe I can deal with it. Maybe I can learn to move past it. Maybe I can conquer it. Time will tell.

•  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: Melinda@heart on January 19, 2019, 04:01:28 AM

I think now that what is holding me back from taking the plunge into full time womanhood is indeed fear. Yes, fear of being rejected by friends, family, society. Fear of not passing, not being woman enough. Fear of being mocked, ridiculed, assaulted or killed. Just because people don't understand why we are the way we are and they can't accept us or allow us to do what we need to do to live. To live...

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...  unless you're transgender, or something else the world doesn't fully understand. Then you don't have those inalienable rights. No, you are deemed a degenerate, a pervert, a freak. You become something even the very worst of society looks down on. All because of ignorance and unwillingness to even try to understand us.

Hello again Mindy

I sympathise absolutely with these 2 paras; that is just how it has been here in UK until relatively recently. Transgender matters have only really been in the public domain here since around 2005 and it takes more than 14 years to overcome the bulk of the ignorance and the anti-reaction.

However I do feel things are gradually better here and I hope so also in US as younger people seem much more understanding. Sadly there are some unpleasant beings who get a thrill out of mocking us and insulting us but that is getting a little rare these days; it is usually just the long stare we have to contend with. I think the majority of people now are indifferent or too busy with their own lives to have a view on trans matters.

I share your fear but decided in 2017 to take positive action by small steps.

I shall "take the plunge" and live fulltime later this year as I have always wished to but feared for precisely the same reasons as you.

I hope you are able to pursue at your own pace and "take the plunge" whenever you are ready.

Wishing you happiness and success.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•