Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you remove hair from your forearms?

Started by ChrissyRyan, October 29, 2018, 04:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

I shave my arms every other day, and every time I go out. HRT has almost completely stopped all hair growth on my chest but I can still see the hair on my arms. I can't imagine epilation on my arms because it takes both hands to avoid nasty pinches.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: V M on October 29, 2018, 10:42:35 PM
True that, I can't help but feel a bit guilty though

XXY here
Another Klinefelter girl here!  I don't feel guilty!  I had to fight all my life to look as tough of a male as I could, now I want to take it easy and have a nice clean path to let the girl out , finally!

I don't even have hair under my arm pits, and my pubic hair (that little there is) has almost the perfect bikini look!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Devlyn

Warning!

A friend of mine is so hairy that he shaves "picture frames" on his arms so you can actually see his tattoos!
  •  

V M

Quote from: Devlyn on October 30, 2018, 01:05:31 PM
Warning!

A friend of mine is so hairy that he shaves "picture frames" on his arms so you can actually see his tattoos!

That's okay, I've known some cis women who were hairy as apes as well
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Megan.

I do shave my upper and lower body including my forearms. My body hair is now far fairer,  finer and sparser from 18 months HRT, but I prefer to feel smooth. [emoji3526]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Jennifer M

I'm had my arms waxed a couple of times, and the hair does seem a bit sparser...in places. But overall it's so dark and prominent that I still feel gross. I can't afford to have it waxed as much as I would like/need.

•  

Rowan Michelle

I used to have to shave my forearms every single day. Since I've been on HRT though, it's gotten much finer, and I only have to shave them about once every four days.
  •  

SeptagonScars

No, I don't remove hair on my forearms. The only parts of my body (that show) that I shave are my chest and occasionally my face. Sometimes also lower legs during summer. I leave my armpits hairy but trim them occasionally. The carpet on my stomach I only shave if I'm... expecting company. I'm hairier than most other women, I suppose, cause of having taken testosterone for a long time. I had just stopped taking it when I started noticing back hair... glad I can prevent that! So I'm a little bit of a werewolf girl.

The hair on my forearms is not very extreme but it's clearly visible and dark brown, and it trails down on my hands and fingers too. I shaved them only once in my detransition but I didn't like it much. I realised I actually like my arms and hands hairy as they are, so I let it grow out again. It goes great with my wine red painted nails. My only issue with it is that it hurts when my little fur gets jammed in bracelets and pulled!

It reminds me of other races of which the women are much hairier than white Swedes like myself, and like that's normal for them. Perhaps I have normalised much of my own body hair for myself too. And like it's not so gendered for me now. I also think that body hair looks good on women, in general. So being hairless is not an ideal for me, and it doesn't really make me dysphoric either. Sometimes I feel a little self-conscious about it though. But then I'm afab so I know I can "lean back" on my bodily femaleness in general as a comfort, now in my transition 2.0. Had I been mtf I likely would have related to it differently.

Now that I've gone off testosterone I can expect that some if not much of my extra body hair will thin out again. But by how much and on which body parts, I've no way of knowing. I wouldn't mind it if my arm hair stays the same, and I do remember that they were quite hairy before I took testo as well.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Allison S

I epilate my arms maybe once a month, it's very quick to do. I have a bit of hair growth on my arms, but it doesn't really bother me because it's sparse, thin and light enough for me. Still feels soft and smooth to touch too

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Chloe

Quote from: V M on October 29, 2018, 10:42:35 PMcan't help but feel a bit guilty though

Like everywhere else afraid if I shave arms NOTHING will grow back! How many women can say that?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

phydelia

Another epilator here. HRT helped- I used to have very dark hair everywhere, and it's gotten thinner and lighter after 3 years of HRT, but it's still enough to make me self-conscious if I don't do something about it. Epilating takes about as long as shaving, but it's not as messy, and I only have to do it twice a week or so as opposed to every day (If you've ever seen the Simpsons episode where Homer shaves his trademark stubble and it reappears instantly, that's my life right there  >:()
  •  

Sabrina Rei

Hardly ever. HRT has thinned my arm hair significantly and I don't mind what's left 90% of the time. I'll shave if I need to go formal and sleeveless though.