Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

2Pass Clinic

Started by Susan, October 30, 2018, 01:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Due to violations of our advertising and disclosure policies, discussions about the 2Pass Clinic is hereby prohibited for 1 year. All mention of the clinic is being removed, and their web sites removed from our links. This includes links and discussions about Dr Bart van de Ven.

Quote from: 2pass Clinic on October 30, 2018, 05:04:56 AM
Would anyone perhaps leave a review of their electrolysis provider on transitionXXXXXXXs.com?...It doesn't just help the community, but also your provider (if you're happy about their work, if not, they're going to have to work harder:) ).

The website is owned by 2passclinic - but they did not disclose this in the post. 

In September 2Pass Clinic was asked to stop using Susan's to advertise their services, they were directly notified of TOS 1 and 13, and sent site rules.

TOS 1

Quote from: Susan on July 27, 2006, 07:45:44 PM
1. We do not allow the advertising of other websites or chats on Susan's Place, with the exception of the Susan's Place Transgender Web Directory. This prohibition includes the chat, forums, and the wiki.

There are seven exceptions:
  • Links listed added by the chat staff to the Transgender Bot (TGBot) in our chat
  • Users on the chat may give other users links to their photographs and personal websites.
  • Links to the source of news stories posted In the News forum which is located under the News and Information section of the forum
  • Members with a post rank of "family" or higher may post links to off site information provided that the information does not otherwise violate the Terms of Service. This is a privilege that will be revoked if abused.
  • You may link to your personal website, and social media accounts in your forum profile, and/or forum signature which is shown at the bottom of your forum posts.
  • Links to the event website for more information in the Calendar of events.
  • Site staff may at their discretion provide links to other websites, in order to provide informational resources to Susan's Place users, this is a privilege I feel that they have earned. If you are interested in this ability volunteer for the Chat, Forums, Links, or Wiki.
This is done for several reasons, the major one being spam prevention. It also helps us to ensure that the sites Susan's Place links are family friendly. To recommend sites for inclusion in the links area, simply find the category that the link best fits, and click the 'Add Link' text at the top of the page. You do not have to be the owner of the website to submit it for listing.

TOS13

Quote from: Susan on July 27, 2006, 07:45:44 PM13. The posting of commercial messages which includes fundraising requests, requests for participants for medical studies, or casting calls is not allowed without prior administrative approval, which may be obtained by emailing susan@susans.org. Approval will generally be denied unless the content of the message would be of specific interest to transgender individuals. Violation of this term may result in warnings, account removal, or bans ranging from 120 days to 1 year.

The Disclosure Policy

Quote from: Cindy on July 30, 2015, 05:01:37 AM
In relation to all discussions of products or services.
If you are here as a representative of a Doctor, Business, Company, or Product that you have a financial interest in, and you do not disclose that fact in  your forum signature you will be banned.

If it happens again any company doing so will have all discussion of their products or services banned from these forums as well, and since we reach over 250,000 unique monthly visitors that will likely end up hurting your bottom line.

So again if you are here representing someone other than yourself, disclose that in your forum signature. You have been warned.

This will be strictly enforced.

Threatening members as a result of their posts

I also will not tolerate anyone sending threatening or hostile messages to members as a result of their posts here. If I find any person representing Doctors, Businesses, or Product Sales, or even suspected of doing so, I will ban all discussion of that product or service on this site for a period of 1 year. This will be enforced by the moderation staff.

In order to stop someone from sending messages to in order to discredit a product or service, I will be quite happy provide to the company in question all account information about the person claiming to represent them in that instance. If they get a judicial ruling against the person responsible for the action I will then remove the ban.

If you or your company feels that a message about your product or service crosses the lines of acceptable conduct, you are free to report the post or private message for staff review. If we agree then the post may be edited or removed; if it is abusive other sanctions may apply.

This policy does not prevent a company from directly contacting a member to discuss their issues in an attempt to address or satisfy member concerns.

We don't have any issues with doctor's and clinic's offering their expertise to the members of the site provided they fully disclose their connections.

Directly advertising however crosses the line. The normal ban for spam is 6months, I gave them an additional 6 months for failing to disclose their ownership of the other web site. This site send a lot of business to transition doctors, so this is probably gonna hurt.

With that said, it would be nice if doctor's and clinics give back to this community both by participation and giving financial support. If you want to make a proposal, you can message me about it. I will consider it.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •