Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I had Secondary Sigmoid Colon SRS with PAI

Started by SpiralCream, November 09, 2018, 11:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samanthaburgess

I know, I've been searching around for months for more information on colon srs but not much comes up. the only decent thing i could find were posts on here about Dr kaushik but don't really fancy India, I'd rather go back to Thailand, somewhere I know, It makes me feel safer.

Hope your healing is still going well, are you managing to get out of the hotel much?

So what is your diet at the moment? That sounds like a lot of things you can't eat.
  •  

Linde

Who pays for those surgeries in India, Thailand, etc.  Is this all out of pocket? 
My health insurance say they would pay for the surgery ($250 deductible), as long as it is in state.  They don't even pay out of state for it!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Samanthaburgess on November 13, 2018, 02:53:02 AM
I know, I've been searching around for months for more information on colon srs but not much comes up. the only decent thing i could find were posts on here about Dr kaushik but don't really fancy India, I'd rather go back to Thailand, somewhere I know, It makes me feel safer.

I came across an Indian trans forum. You definitely made the right decision going to PAI.
  •  

Lucie

Quote from: AnonyMs on November 13, 2018, 09:15:51 AM
I came across an Indian trans forum. You definitely made the right decision going to PAI.

Hello AnonyMs, could you tell us more about what motivates this advice?
  •  

SpiralCream

Quote from: Samanthaburgess on November 13, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

Hope your healing is still going well, are you managing to get out of the hotel much?

So what is your diet at the moment? That sounds like a lot of things you can't eat.

The PAI clinic is really advanced, spacious, and modern.  Phyathai Hospital, where I had my surgery and recovery, is also the same.  My private hospital room was modern and huge.  There was an extra bed in case I had a guest.  Five large windows overlooking the city from the 22nd floor, offered a great view and plenty of sunshine.  There was a table and 2 chairs.  There was a safe to store my valuables.  A refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.  And my own private bathroom with shower.  And lots of open space in addition to all that.  I think my private hospital room was actually larger than my hotel room, haha.  I don't think that the experience in India for trans patients is nearly as luxurious.

I am not leaving the hotel at all yet.  It is still difficult for me to get around or even to stand up straight because of my lower abdominal muscles are still recovering.  Before my surgery I did a lot of shopping and stocked up on supplies in my hotel room.  I don't need to go out for anything.

For food, I am eating eggs, white bread, and rice porridge with chicken.  I think that's actually all I've eaten since I got to my hotel, lol.  Oh, and lots of juice.  I usually don't drink fruit juices because it's a lot of sugar and calories, but during my recovery it is easy on my digestion and tastes good.  I could probably eat other foods and be ok too, but these foods are working well for me right now and I don't want to risk more pain than I'm dealing with.  So I'm being super conservative in my food choices.  In a few days I will slowly start introducing other foods to my diet.
  •  

SpiralCream

Quote from: Dietlind on November 13, 2018, 08:28:31 AM
Who pays for those surgeries in India, Thailand, etc.  Is this all out of pocket? 
My health insurance say they would pay for the surgery ($250 deductible), as long as it is in state.  They don't even pay out of state for it!

Yes I have paid for all my surgeries including this sigmoid colon revision out of my own pocket.  I am certain that there are no insurance companies in the US that would pay for any trans surgeries outside the US.  Maybe health insurance in some European countries might pay for it if you jump through some hoops.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: SpiralCream on November 13, 2018, 10:42:40 AM
Yes I have paid for all my surgeries including this sigmoid colon revision out of my own pocket.  I am certain that there are no insurance companies in the US that would pay for any trans surgeries outside the US.  Maybe health insurance in some European countries might pay for it if you jump through some hoops.
And what caused you to not have it done in the US?  I just had a session with my psychologist, and she feels that I would be ready for surgery in 3 to 4 months. 
She said I should go to Miami, because they are experienced in SRS.  What would speak against Miami?

I do not plan to have a vaginal cavity, but just a vulva, which makes the surgery way easier and shorter!

•  

Lucie

Quote from: Dietlind on November 13, 2018, 02:23:13 PM
I do not plan to have a vaginal cavity, but just a vulva, which makes the surgery way easier and shorter!

I don't know how old you are, but think that after the surgery your mind and your vision of things may change dramatically.
And also be aware that complications happen more often at the vulva level than inside the vaginal canal. Even with the best surgeons.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Lucie on November 13, 2018, 02:48:02 PM
I don't know how old you are, but think that after the surgery your mind and your vision of things may change dramatically.
And also be aware that complications happen more often at the vulva level than inside the vaginal canal. Even with the best surgeons.
I am in my 70's and single,  Pretty asexual for the als 15 or so years, but definitely very lesbian.  I don't expect my sexual activity to change much after a surgery.  I want the vulva for myself, just to not look like a guy anymore!

I made my living with some of that surgical stuff, and can identify problems pretty fast (and I can see the vulva, and observe any possible problems, but I can't see a vagina).

•  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Lucie on November 13, 2018, 09:46:54 AM
Hello AnonyMs, could you tell us more about what motivates this advice?

Its the kind of thing that would get moderated. I'll send you a pm.
  •  

Lucie

Quote from: Dietlind on November 13, 2018, 04:30:21 PM
I am in my 70's and single,  Pretty asexual for the als 15 or so years, but definitely very lesbian.  I don't expect my sexual activity to change much after a surgery.  I want the vulva for myself, just to not look like a guy anymore!

I made my living with some of that surgical stuff, and can identify problems pretty fast (and I can see the vulva, and observe any possible problems, but I can't see a vagina).

I understand, this choice seems reasonable in your case.
  •  

SpiralCream

Quote from: Dietlind on November 13, 2018, 02:23:13 PM
And what caused you to not have it done in the US?

I wanted to go to the team of surgeons with the most experience in sigmoid colon SRS.  As far as I know, there are no surgeons in the US who do this surgery on a regular basis.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: SpiralCream on November 14, 2018, 07:00:22 AM
I wanted to go to the team of surgeons with the most experience in sigmoid colon SRS.  As far as I know, there are no surgeons in the US who do this surgery on a regular basis.
My psychologischst recommended these people, I don't know if they do your very special surgery!  The advantage with them is that they accept US Health Insurance plans.

http://surgery.med.miami.edu/plastic-and-reconstructive/gender-affirmation

•  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Dietlind on November 14, 2018, 07:36:21 AM
My psychologischst recommended these people, I don't know if they do your very special surgery!  The advantage with them is that they accept US Health Insurance plans.

http://surgery.med.miami.edu/plastic-and-reconstructive/gender-affirmation

One more of those surgeons has a lot of really negative posts about them.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: AnonyMs on November 14, 2018, 07:54:59 AM
One more of those surgeons has a lot of really negative posts about them.
Thanks, I have to read up on them.  My surgery is still pretty far away, my psychologist feels I am ready for it in about 6 months or so.

•  

AnonyMs

Not sure I'd trust your psychologists opinion after that.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: AnonyMs on November 14, 2018, 10:52:37 AM
Not sure I'd trust your psychologists opinion after that.
She is considered the best LGBTQ psychologist in the entire area!

I don't understand why you feel I should not trust her? Can you please elaborate a little about this?
I wanted to know who she knows who accepts my health insurance, and they do!

•  

Samanthaburgess

Hi SpiralCream. Hope your still doing ok an your healing is going well. How many more days are you in Bangkok for? How often do you have check-ups with the doctor?
Hope you've found some more interesting food that you can digest :)

Sam x
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Dietlind on November 15, 2018, 12:03:03 AM
She is considered the best LGBTQ psychologist in the entire area!

I don't understand why you feel I should not trust her? Can you please elaborate a little about this?
I wanted to know who she knows who accepts my health insurance, and they do!

Because she's so wrong about the surgeon. What else is she wrong about?
  •  

SpiralCream

Can you please take your conversation elsewhere instead of hijacking this thread?  Thank you.
  •