Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Facial hair removal costs, laser and electrolysis questions

Started by ChrissyRyan, November 18, 2018, 07:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Thanks so much everyone for all of this useful information.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Dietlind on November 19, 2018, 07:26:08 AM
I have not seen many male genital areas, because we did our testing with pigs, who have different hair styles.  How hairy is the average male down there?  Is it very hairy, or just some hairs and the skin is easy to see through it?

My hair is pretty "open" and I can see skin at any place.  Most of my hair is located around the base of the penis, and there is hardly any hair on my scrotum.

Would that mean that my hair growth is normal, or less than normal?
The hair removal question will come up for me next year, and the longer of a lead time I have to get it done, the better it would be.

Oddly enough the amount of hair is not that important. Hair grows in cycles, and for electrolysis to work best the hair must be actively growing. Hair in different areas of the body has different growth cycles, some maybe as short as six weeks, some maybe as long as 12 weeks (I'm not certain about these numbers). Each hair needs to be treated two or three times during an active phase before it will be killed. So if you have 100 hairs or 1000 hairs you would still need at least 6 - 9 months before they will be killed off.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Linde

That sounds brutal!
To change the subject a little, I had my mircroneedeling session today.  Talking about torture.  I think the machine has the similar idea like tattoo machines, only it goes a little deeper into the skin.  They have to cover the entire surface of the facial and neck skin with it.  Hurting is a very mellow word for it! 
The idea behind this is to hurt the outer layer of the dermis enough to force it to create new collagen, which, when it grows new, will replace the previous wrinkly skin and also tightens it more.  The dead skin will be removed with several skin peels (4 are projected for me).  Considering the pain and the cost, I better look like a cover girl of Cosmopolitan once I am done with this!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Battle Goddess

Quote from: Lucca on November 18, 2018, 10:32:55 PM
Quick question of my own; I have very dark brown hair with very light skin, no light hairs at all. From what I've read, it sounds like I have the best complexion for laser short of my hair being jet black. I realize it's hard to judge without a picture, but did anyone else with a dramatic contrast between hair and skin color have particularly good results with laser?
I've been doing laser for most of this past year. My skin is light olive with black secondary hair.

YMWV, but I have been delighted with my results. I think my very best results have been from actual laser machines, not IPL (intense pulsed light, I think). Even so, IPL has also worked very well. I'm practically hairless.

Where has it hurt worst? My face! Yowch! It got easier as more and more follicles died, but the first few sessions were harsh.

Also, every time the machine's head has zapped even a little bit onto the Mayor or the Aldermen, I've sure felt it. I've learned to hold them securely shielded and out of the way while getting my nether areas cleared.

Very important to know: Groupon is your very best friend. A package of six sessions that would normally cost tons of money will be offered on Groupon for a fraction of that price.

However, Groupon constrains the kinds of packages that can be offered on their site into small, medium, and large, and these map to different areas of the body. For instance, lower legs may be defined as a large area, or faces as a medium. You can buy the clearing only where you need it.

Once you get to the salon, however, things can be a little more flexible. A salon will often give you the Groupon price without your buying the Groupon package, thus avoiding paying Groupon its commission. I have negotiated custom areas that Groupon isn't able to sell (given its constraints) for prices in a Groupon-ish price range.

My experience has also been that the technicians have been very tolerant if not completely affirming. In fact, some of them have been of great emotional support to me. Never would have expected that. Sometimes this world isn't completely >-bleeped-<ty.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spironolactone January 10
Divigel January 20
Estradiol Valerate March 14
  •  

Lucca

Thanks! I have two places that have been recommended to me by my doctor and therapist, so I'm hoping to get decent results since they've been vetted to some degree.
  •