Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Choosing a new name

Started by Mx London, November 20, 2018, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mx London

Hi everyone,

After a lot of thought I've decided I want to take the plunge and take on a new first name. The plan is that I want to take my current first name "Elizabeth" and keep it as a middle name to a knowledge my feminine side and take a more masculine or neutral first name, ideally with 2 syllables.

I've come up with a shortlist now and want some opinions! Which ones sound OK with Elizabeth as a second name? Which feel like good enby names?

Aiden
Alden
Baylor
Corvin
Dorian
Elias
Elliott
Evan
Evander
Even
Ewan
Kaden
Lennox
Logan
Milo
Owen
Ryan
Severn
Tylor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Kaden Elizabeth stands out for me.

Kind regards   Kirsten

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Faith

three struck me

Dorian (unisex name, I had a niece named Dorian)
Kaden
and
Aiden

the others didn't seem roll smooth in front of Elizabeth, at least to me.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Mx London
It was not on your list, but I have had both male friends
and female friends with a first name of "Dana"

Dana Elizabeth sounds good to me.

Best wishes to you,
Daneille
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Sonja

Dorian Elizabeth  is my pick  :)

Sonja.
  •  

Devlyn

Definitely none of the "E" ones. Ryan Elizabeth sounds nice to me.
  •  

Mx London

Thank you everyone. It's refreshing to see people gravitating to the same subset as me.

I guess the next step is to try new names out and see which suits me as a person. This is exciting and terrifying. I'm really thankful that this forum exists else I'd have nobody who really understands.

•  

Artistic_Gene

Y'know, I think I like the ring of Owen Elizabeth. Sounds kinda like someone of class I'd expect to see in a BBC period piece :)
Copious lukewarm cucumbers for a brain
  •  

Mx London

Update: I've been speaking with my partner to help me "rank" my full name list, rather than the cutdown one (to help deal with my bias based of gender at the time) and I'll be trying them on for size.

First time trying out a new name is super weird!

Hi everyone, I'm Riley :)

•  

Mx London

How do you even make a new name feel like your own? I am working on what a signature might look like but I feel like such a fake. I haven't told anybody but my partner yet and we barely use names when talking to each other so a week could go by before it's used.

I feel at such a loss right now. I want to be excited but I just feel like I don't have a name. My old one feels so alien but this new thing isn't mine.

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Mx London on December 05, 2018, 11:58:12 AM
How do you even make a new name feel like your own? I am working on what a signature might look like but I feel like such a fake. I haven't told anybody but my partner yet and we barely use names when talking to each other so a week could go by before it's used.

I feel at such a loss right now. I want to be excited but I just feel like I don't have a name. My old one feels so alien but this new thing isn't mine.

Wait until something speaks to you. There's no rush.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Mx London

Quote from: Devlyn on December 05, 2018, 12:01:53 PM
Wait until something speaks to you. There's no rush.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
Thank you Devlyn. It's definitely easy to lose sight of the fact that these things don't have to happen overnight. I guess I'm feel impatient and really want to feel settled, but that won't happen just from a name as then I have to tell people it's changed and answer questions. That's also a scary prospect

•  

ChrissyRyan

Some people change more than their first name.

I wonder if trans-people who have first names that are commonly given to both females and males change their first names or just their gender markers.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Mx London

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 06, 2018, 04:22:20 AM
Some people change more than their first name.

I wonder if trans-people who have first names that are commonly given to both females and males change their first names or just their gender markers.

Chrissy
I know not everyone feels dysphoria because of their name even if it feels weird in the context of their gender identity.

For me "Elizabeth" feels weirdly female and something l want to move away from, but something like my siblings calling me their sister feels totally fine all the time. Identity is so complicated lol.

Riley as a name feels quite feminine to me and maybe that's why it feels at odds with what I want. It might also be all the feelings of uncomfortableness coming to a head as I start my journey of fixing things and first name in the list is taking the brunt of it heh.

Edit: it's also possible that most websites for names are USA focused. I know in the UK Riley is considered far more masculine (it's a top 100 name for a boy), whereas in the US it's more common for a girl.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Mx London on December 06, 2018, 06:50:19 AM
I know not everyone feels dysphoria because of their name even if it feels weird in the context of their gender identity.

For me "Elizabeth" feels weirdly female and something l want to move away from, but something like my siblings calling me their sister feels totally fine all the time. Identity is so complicated lol.

Riley as a name feels quite feminine to me and maybe that's why it feels at odds with what I want. It might also be all the feelings of uncomfortableness coming to a head as I start my journey of fixing things and first name in the list is taking the brunt of it heh.

Edit: it's also possible that most websites for names are USA focused. I know in the UK Riley is considered far more masculine (it's a top 100 name for a boy), whereas in the US it's more common for a girl.

That is interesting to know.  Sort of like "pants" referring to underwear in the UK but trousers in the USA.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

IzzyM

I like the sound of Ewan Elizabeth.
But I have always like the name Ewan.
It isn't hard at all to make a wish. The difficultly lies in how to make what you wish for a reality
  •