Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Denise's GCS Thread

Started by Denise, December 06, 2018, 06:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudiBlueEyes

Wonderful news Denise.  Congratulations, you seem to be recovering well.  Keep it up!!
Hugs, Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Denise on December 14, 2018, 08:13:45 PM

PS they tell me I'm way ahead of most.  Apparently being in good shape helps

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Absolutely!!I congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Denise

Night 2 -yuck

I want to get out of this bed. My tummy hurts from gas. I took pain meds last night to help me sleep.  I think u get maybe 2 hours total.

Today promises more walking and oh joy a bowel movement.  Sound like fun?

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

BlueJaye

Quote from: Denise on December 15, 2018, 05:29:35 AM
Night 2 -yuck

I want to get out of this bed. My tummy hurts from gas. I took pain meds last night to help me sleep.  I think u get maybe 2 hours total.

A bowel movement might sound yucky, but it's an indicator of recovery progression and good health. I hope you do have a bowel movement and minimal pain today. Keep at it and don't give up!
  •  

LizK

Hi Denise

The first couple are the worst....I know thats no consolation when you are feeling day 2  crappy....Hug that teddybear, The gas is a good sign...I think being stuck in bed was one of the hardest things and you are nearly through it...I hope you can get some pain relief and sleep soon....

Take care

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Denise

Waking without a walker today.  Hospital food is not that good.  But I think I have the best room for it's view.
That's lake Michigan and Montrose harbor.  There are a bunch of guys playing soccer and I bet they don't even consider what I just had done and that I'm watching them play.  It's kinda like my little secret.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Denise

Dinner was really good.  Meat lasagna.  Spicy and saviory.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to sneak in a pizza.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Denise on December 15, 2018, 07:05:14 PM
Dinner was really good.  Meat lasagna.  Spicy and saviory.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to sneak in a pizza.

thanks for the update...good to hear your appetite is good. Enjoy the pizza if you can....won't be to long before they boot you out the door due to the pace you are recovering [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Denise on December 15, 2018, 07:05:14 PM

@Denise
Dear Denise:
I am sorry to hear of your discomfort, but that happens with surgery and the anesthesia.   
I am glad that you enjoyed your Lasagna but if you can get some real food, not hospital food, sneaked in that will be terrific... get a chocolate milkshake too..   ...

How much longer are you scheduled in the hospital before they let you go ??? ????

Thank you for your updates and photos....
Wishing you well, heal up real fast.

Hugs,and more hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: Denise on December 15, 2018, 05:29:35 AM
Night 2 -yuck

I may have said this before but pain meds (That I took) last just a bit less then 4 hours.  At least thats when I would wake up and wait for the full 4 hours between doses.   *I'm a little too compliant.  Anyway if your only getting a couple hours of sleep on what they are giving you DO tell them.  They may have a better drug or be able to increase the dose.
  •  

Denise

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 15, 2018, 07:52:49 PM
@Denise
Dear Denise:
I am sorry to hear of your discomfort, but that happens with surgery and the anesthesia.   
I am glad that you enjoyed your Lasagna but if you can get some real food, not hospital food, sneaked in that will be terrific... get a chocolate milkshake too..   ...

How much longer are you scheduled in the hospital before they let you go ??? ????

Thank you for your updates and photos....
Wishing you well, heal up real fast.

Hugs,and more hugs,
Danielle

@Alaskan Danielle surgery was Thursday I expect to go home Thursday maybe Wednesday.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Denise

So the awake part of the 3rd day post op morning (Thursday surgery it's not Sunday 9:30am)

Dr Schechter came in this morning, which was a surprise.  I didn't expect to see him today.  He was happy and even joking around in a serious way.  Apparently I'm doing well.  Swelling is diminishing, oozing has basically stopped, no bleeding and almost no pain.  Honestly, I don't get it.  I'm uncomfortable but seriously no pain, okay when I cough the world is ending, but that's very normal.

The Fellow that works with Schechter (Alex something) came in a bit later on a social call (he's really REALLY cute but I suspect not interested ;) and we chatted for quite some time about general what's going on down below and some other questions I had.  My friend Patti, who hopes to have GCS with Schechter later this year, was here too.  She had questions that were answered too. 

I would say that if you have the opportunity to stay with someone post op, consider it.  I know Patti and Chrissy are both better prepared for surgery and know what to expect.

As for everyone reading this thread my whole care team and I agree that attitude is the number one thing for your well being in the hospital post surgery.  You can be fun and uplifting or you can be a downer and a jerk.  Be the former.  I'm joking and having fun with everyone who comes in to see me.  When they leave I want everyone to have a smile on their face.  Hospital workers are doing a really tough job and are under appreciated.  I'm trying to make their day a little less icky. 

PT should be here shortly and I should be given clearance to walk around all I want (and I want to walk around a lot!)  Alex did say I'm not allowed to walk home (2 miles/3km) after discharge.  Ahhh, maybe when they're not looking I'll sneak home.

I'll post an update later.  With the exception of trying to sleep, it's been a positive experience.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Donica

Now now Denise! Do what the doctors say. I would hate to think you start to have trouble walking home only after a 1/4 mile or so. Besides, you have till next Thursday to walk around with the hospital staff with you.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Denise

Quote from: Donica on December 16, 2018, 10:29:28 AM
Now now Denise! Do what the doctors say. I would hate to think you start to have trouble walking home only after a 1/4 mile or so. Besides, you have till next Thursday to walk around with the hospital staff with you.

i was kidding - Sonic is much closer!
(okay I'm still kidding)
I'm a rule follower.  I do what they tell me.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Denise on December 16, 2018, 10:02:37 AM
So the awake part of the 3rd day post op morning (Thursday surgery it's not Sunday 9:30am)

Dr Schechter came in this morning, which was a surprise.  I didn't expect to see him today.  He was happy and even joking around in a serious way.  Apparently I'm doing well.  Swelling is diminishing, oozing has basically stopped, no bleeding and almost no pain.  Honestly, I don't get it.  I'm uncomfortable but seriously no pain, okay when I cough the world is ending, but that's very normal.

The Fellow that works with Schechter (Alex something) came in a bit later on a social call (he's really REALLY cute but I suspect not interested ;) and we chatted for quite some time about general what's going on down below and some other questions I had.  My friend Patti, who hopes to have GCS with Schechter later this year, was here too.  She had questions that were answered too. 

I would say that if you have the opportunity to stay with someone post op, consider it.  I know Patti and Chrissy are both better prepared for surgery and know what to expect.

As for everyone reading this thread my whole care team and I agree that attitude is the number one thing for your well being in the hospital post surgery.  You can be fun and uplifting or you can be a downer and a jerk.  Be the former.  I'm joking and having fun with everyone who comes in to see me.  When they leave I want everyone to have a smile on their face.  Hospital workers are doing a really tough job and are under appreciated.  I'm trying to make their day a little less icky. 

PT should be here shortly and I should be given clearance to walk around all I want (and I want to walk around a lot!)  Alex did say I'm not allowed to walk home (2 miles/3km) after discharge.  Ahhh, maybe when they're not looking I'll sneak home.

I'll post an update later.  With the exception of trying to sleep, it's been a positive experience.

You sound really well(considering). Getting the movement restrictions lifted will no doubt lift your spirits further...great to hear how well you are doing especially looking after your pain.

Your last update shows just how well you are doing and your positive attitude will make a huge positive difference to your recovery

Congrats o such fabulous progress

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Patti

She has some sort of super human healing abilities. I keep looking for a bald dude in a wheelchair floating around to take her off to Xavier's School.

•  

Lisa89125

:laugh:

Denise darling, Your doing very well in your recovery. You'll be home before you know it.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Kendra

Denise, happy continued healing - you go girl! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Denise

Thanks all.  I feel great,  considering what was done to me.  :)

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Rachel

Congratulations, I am late to the thread, sorry.

Definitely take it easy and it is good you are a rule follower. The reduced pain issue is due to cut nerves. They will be reconnecting in time.

Take it easy and do not over do anything.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •