Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Denise's GCS Thread

Started by Denise, December 06, 2018, 06:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@Denise:
Dear Denise:
I so enjoyed reading your good news about your post-op visit with your doctors.

.... AND HOLD OFF ON BIKING FOR ANOTHER MONTH!!!!   Doctor's orders!

Hugs and well wishes.... thank your for sharing your update.
Danielle

Quote from: Denise on February 18, 2019, 01:10:12 PM
Almost a full 10 weeks post...

I had an appointment with my normal doctor this morning and my surgeon two hours later.

The GP gave me a full exam, specula included.  He said all looks good.

My surgeon said the same thing. I'm cleared for everything (!) Except anal sex and thought I should hold off a month before biking.  It's snowing and it's very chilly so I don't really expect to have a desire to get out and ride.

Basically all is good.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Donica

AND HOLD OFF ON BIKING FOR ANOTHER MONTH!!!!   Doctor's orders!  As Danielle and your doctors put it. I couldn't imagine riding a bike in the snow anyway. Well I could but not without causing a great deal of pain. Yes indeed Denise. Glad everything is going well. Now is a good time to bake something ;)

Hugs.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Denise

Yes I'm waiting the month.  What he was saying was that if I started now, it would hurt like hell. And that a big padded seat would feel better than a road bike seat.  It was all for my comfort not for medical reasons.

At the end of March I'm going to get a professional saddle fitting.  That will help too.

New topic... Yesterday was national Margarita day.  So to be patriotic I had two.  Thank God for Lyft!  But when I got home I had to dialate.  I always use two starting with the smaller one then switching to a bigger one.  Well, last night I passed out for two hours.  I didn't get to the second one.  :)

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Donica

Yup! It sounds like your got lost in Margaritaville Denise. Maybe 2 hours with the smaller dilator worked the same as using two. That is if you woke up with everything still in place?

Hugs.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Kendra

Margaritas before dilating?  Skip the salt on the rim.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Denise

13 weeks, 2 days update  (okay that's silly but today was actually a huge day!!!)

I got back on my bike.  Well, at least the trainer.  The trainer is the same saddle as my road bike and there was no pain.  NONE!  I only did 5 minutes to make sure it wasn't going to be a delayed reaction.  But so far, after 90 minutes, no issues.

Now to work up to 8 continuous hours for 7 days so I can do my 500 mile ride through New York, Pennsylvania and into New Jersey this summer. (Anyone want to join me?  It's fully supported hotel-to-hotel and cheap!)

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Denise
Dear Denise:
Your planned biking trek this summer sounds quite bold and certainly an enjoyable event obviously just as long as your doctor approves...  certainly your choice of the bicycle saddle is an important decision....   
.....choose wisely as it is said in the movie.

Hmm, can you wait for me to ride 4500 miles on my bike from Alaska so I can join you? ???  ;) ;) ;)
Have fun, be safe.....  I will be looking forward to reading your updates....
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Denise on March 16, 2019, 10:32:40 AM
13 weeks, 2 days update  (okay that's silly but today was actually a huge day!!!)

I got back on my bike.  Well, at least the trainer.  The trainer is the same saddle as my road bike and there was no pain.  NONE!  I only did 5 minutes to make sure it wasn't going to be a delayed reaction.  But so far, after 90 minutes, no issues.

Now to work up to 8 continuous hours for 7 days so I can do my 500 mile ride through New York, Pennsylvania and into New Jersey this summer. (Anyone want to join me?  It's fully supported hotel-to-hotel and cheap!)

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Denise

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 16, 2019, 10:47:29 AM
@Denise
Dear Denise:
Your planned biking trek this summer sounds quite bold and certainly an enjoyable event obviously just as long as your doctor approves...  certainly your choice of the bicycle saddle is an important decision....   
.....choose wisely as it is said in the movie.

Hmm, can you wait for me to ride 4500 miles on my bike from Alaska so I can join you? ???  ;) ;) ;)
Have fun, be safe.....  I will be looking forward to reading your updates....
Hugs,
Danielle

I'll have a smoothy recovery drink ready for you when you arrive.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Denise on March 16, 2019, 10:32:40 AM

Great effort....8 hours on a bike sounds like a lot of hard work but I can imagine the health benefits are enormous. Good luck, I am sure you will make your goal.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Denise

Quote from: LizK on March 18, 2019, 01:00:38 AM
Great effort....8 hours on a bike sounds like a lot of hard work but I can imagine the health benefits are enormous. Good luck, I am sure you will make your goal.

Liz

The 8 hours isn't the problem.  It's the 8 hours on the 5th day in a row that's tough.  Then you still have day 6 and 7 to go.

Liz, how are you coming along on your recovery?  I see you are 9 days ahead of me.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

LizK

Hi Denise

My eyes are watering...day 6 and 7...I am not sure what it is about bike riding but it seems from those I have known that ride, it seems that once bitten by the cycling bug its a life long (good) habit. I had a good friend who just could not get enough and rode 30ks to work every day and then would go for recreational ride over the weekend.

Thank you for asking about my recovery I am going pretty well, had a couple of minor issues that have taken some time to heal but I am using the largest dilator twice a day looking to move that to one a day in the next month or so. I continue to heal slowly and my sensation is slowly returning. Unfortunately the operation destroyed what was left of my hip and I am now really dealing with the effects having difficulty walking even around the house. I contacted the hospital today begging them to give me a surgery date to get it fixed and I am hoping it will be soon...they were talking May but are now seeing if they can't fit me in sooner. Consequently I have stacked on a heap of weight which I know I can move once IU am able to get back to my exercise regime. Hopefully not too long...I am going through the "what comes next" scenario and putting things into place for my future.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Denise on February 23, 2019, 09:20:20 AM

At the end of March I'm going to get a professional saddle fitting.  That will help too.

I am late to your thread here Denise, and from what I've read you are making great progress post op.

I am interested in your bike saddle fitting and how it goes.

Hugs and healing

Cynthia -
  •  

Denise

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on March 20, 2019, 08:35:29 AM
I am late to your thread here Denise, and from what I've read you are making great progress post op.

I am interested in your bike saddle fitting and how it goes.

Hugs and healing

Cynthia -

Cynthia, sorry girl.  I've decided to keep the saddles I have.  They are okay and my butt knows them.  No fitting for me.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Denise on March 21, 2019, 12:18:14 PM

Cynthia, sorry girl.  I've decided to keep the saddles I have.  They are okay and my butt knows them.  No fitting for me.

That's great news Denise ! Thanks for answering hon...

C -
  •  

Denise

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on March 21, 2019, 12:37:49 PM
That's great news Denise ! Thanks for answering hon...

C -
I did get it to try some saddles two weeks ago and none were as comfortable as the one I have.  Sticking with what I've got.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Denise

Four months... (Sorry for the long gap)

Time flies, where has it gone.
In Feb my surgeon cleared be too ride a bike starting in mid March.  Well the weather in Chicago in March is not biking weather.  So I pulled out the trainer and started slow.
Two weeks ago I did a 20 mile ride and was physically tired but the surgical area was okay.  Sore but okay.  This past weekend I did 50 miles which was about 4 hours of saddle time considering all the traffic lights around me.  But I feel great.  No issues down below and my strength is returning.

If you are considering GCS consider asking your Dr for a Pelvic Floor physical therapy referral before and after surgery.  Prior to surgery to help you learn to relax and understand the muscles of the pelvis.  After surgery to teach you how to use the muscles again and to strengthen them. She is also helping to keep the skin soft and pliable.  I think she's helped a lot.

My physical therapist is at the hospital where I had GCS so she sees MTF GCS patients all the time.  Nothing beats experience. 

On to other fun things.  ;)

In the last few weeks I have been having trouble inserting the dilators.  They were sticking and not sliding in easily.  So I figured I need to get lube up inside.  Well, let me tell you, the sensation and feeling is, ummm, wow.  I have not carried that feeling to conclusion, yet, but I will be 100% able to.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Denise on April 23, 2019, 05:56:07 AM
I did get it to try some saddles two weeks ago and none were as comfortable as the one I have.  Sticking with what I've got.

That's great Denise it just goes to show the answer is sometimes with us all along. I am still shopping around myself, what I have "works", but I want better. Heading to an island here in the Puget sound for a week of leisure riding soon.

Enjoy

C -
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Denise on April 23, 2019, 06:14:25 AM
In the last few weeks I have been having trouble inserting the dilators.  They were sticking and not sliding in easily.  So I figured I need to get lube up inside.  Well, let me tell you, the sensation and feeling is, ummm, wow.  I have not carried that feeling to conclusion, yet, but I will be 100% able to.

If anything deserves a squeee! that sure does. Congratulations! (And I can't wait! [emoji16])

Also congratulations for the riding. Looks like you'll be ready for the long one coming up. Very cool.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Great news Denise. Enjoy your bike rides. Bundle up. I see it's still cold in Chicago.
  •  

Rachel

Awesome news Denise. There is a lot of new equipment to learn about :) .

I was wondering about the skin pliability. What does the physical therapist do to keep or make the skin soft?
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •