Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Anyone interested?

Started by DawnOday, December 07, 2018, 11:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on December 10, 2018, 11:05:17 PM
Well, as we thought, you might be intersex after all!
I think the missing Adams Apple and the resulting smaller voice box and shorter vocal cords are the culprits that allow us to have a higher pitched voice without working hard on it!

Are you able to avoid the typical m ale speech pattern?  This pattern gives m away, no matter how nice and female my voice sounds.  It is a 100% learned behavior, but I worked so hard on it to learn it!

You sound pretty good to me!  Definitely higher in pitch than me, but I am way older than you, and older women tend to have lower voices!  I don't think that either of us needs any surgical intervention with our voice!  What did the speech training do for you?

It helped me learn how to control my voice. Mostly the inflection and resonance. I can still do a guys voice. My full range is roughly 275Hz to 100Hz with and without inflection and resonance. However if I go low my voice gets tired.
  •  

DawnOday

Here is the app. It's not on Microsoft. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.lilithwittmann.voicepitchanalyzer&hl=en

Looking for a date to start. I live in the pacific time zone and it my be 9:00 am where you live but I'm not awake yet. So let's pick a time and day. We can all agree on. I am available most days. Do we want to go through the relaxation exercise. Otherwise we can go through the steps Emily led me through. Looking forward to getting together, You all rock.

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Linde

Quote from: DawnOday on December 10, 2018, 11:19:07 PM
Here is the app. It's not on Microsoft. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.lilithwittmann.voicepitchanalyzer&hl=en

Looking for a date to start. I live in the pacific time zone and it my be 9:00 am where you live but I'm not awake yet. So let's pick a time and day. We can all agree on. I am available most days. Do we want to go through the relaxation exercise. Otherwise we can go through the steps Emily led me through. Looking forward to getting together, You all rock.
I am living in the state of the eternal summer, right next to the Gulf of Mexico.  I m ready to have lunch when you lazy bombs out west just crawl out of bed!
I am retired, and as any retired person, have hardly time enough to get anything done.  But if we all agree on a time and day, I will try to make it happen for me!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

NatalieRene

I'm in central standard time. 7:00PM CST would work for me.
  •  

NatalieRene

Oh wow it has so much more on the android version.
  •  

NatalieRene

I think yes the relaxation would be beneficial.
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: Dietlind on December 10, 2018, 07:31:58 PM
Te question is also, is this your natural voice when you reach the high frequency, or is this an artificial produced sound?

For me, the frequency range I show, is the frequency range of my natural voice, I do not really have to work on keeping that range, I just have to watch it that I don't go low at the end of a sentence (the male thing).
When you have to strain your voice, talking in a female frequency range, you will not be able to maintain that and might even hurt your vocal cords.
With my voice, I have to force myself to talk in a low frequency range, and that hurt me after a while pretty bad.

The highest of my highs definitely require effort. But I don't really know what would be my natural range because I tried so hard to be male for a long time, I think I subconsciously 'trained' my voice to be lower than what would be natural for me. There are moments when I'm really feeling good about myself and my voice is higher than usual but still not strained.
  •  

Lynne

•  

Lynne

I live in Central Europe, UTC+1 time zone. On workdays I'm usually available from around 7 PM to 1 AM(local time), that would mean 10 AM to 4 PM for you in the Pacific time zone. I can arrange anything on weekends.

Relaxation sounds useful.
  •  

NatalieRene

I can do weekends more flexibly but week days would have to be after work.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 10, 2018, 11:32:40 PM
Oh wow it has so much more on the android version.
That is the app I am using to analyze my voice!

•  

Linde

Quote from: Lynne on December 11, 2018, 02:05:11 PM
The highest of my highs definitely require effort. But I don't really know what would be my natural range because I tried so hard to be male for a long time, I think I subconsciously 'trained' my voice to be lower than what would be natural for me. There are moments when I'm really feeling good about myself and my voice is higher than usual but still not strained.
My psychotherapist and I talked about this today.  We came to the conclusion, that my voice is the only real sour of dysphoria I have left.  And she said that many rather feminin men try to be extra male by training their voice to a level as low as they can get, in order to prove their masculinity.  I did the same, I  tried to be so low that it almost hurt my throat.
she told me the best start for ditching this is trying to watch that one does not go that low, and from there on trying to raise the voice to a natural pitch.  We just have to unlearn the bad male behavior, because we don't need to pound our chest anymore (will hurt anyway once the boobs are bigger).

I checked myself a little, I basically do not have a chest resonance, the lowest my resonance is, is somewhere around the voice box or a bit below.  When I talk to have a chest resonance, my throat hurts pretty fast.

•  

NatalieRene

Any decision as to when we should start meeting for this?
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 17, 2018, 12:36:11 PM
Any decision as to when we should start meeting for this?

Maybe while the group is forming here we could at least create the Skype group and add people who are interested?
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Lynne on December 17, 2018, 03:13:33 PM
Maybe while the group is forming here we could at least create the Skype group and add people who are interested?

I can do that this evening. Anyone that wants added to the group please pm me your skype handle.
  •