Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

My HRT Journey - -Updates

Started by GordonG, December 18, 2018, 08:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonG

I don't post very darn often, but I'm here reading almost every day. Thought I'd start this thread so I could post updates.

I've been on Spiro since July 16th 2018, and Estradiol since October 5th 2018.

I started to notice breast "tingling" sensations in November, but never really felt any lumps of anything else going on. Around the end of November I did notice some small lumps and tenderness. I thought, oh here we go.

At the start of all this my main goal wasn't to transition, and now it still isn't. I was after a release from Testosterone Poisoning. The Spiro did that, but I didn't like the side effects of foggy brain that I got with it. So I thought that I needed to stop this foolishness. I did a whole ton of reading on the web about anything I could find about Spiro and it's possible effects. I read somewhere, that a little bit of E can help with those symptoms. But I wasn't too sure about the boobs.

So that is what I did, started taking a small dose of E. (Gee I sure wished we could discuss dose's.) And sure enough it helped. I have since noted that my body hair growth has slowed down a lot. And I thought that I'd like to see what the E does with my mind, and general feelings. I liked what it was doing in that department, and thought that if breasts started growing I could always stop.

So here it is December 18th and I definitely have some boobage going on. My bust measurement is about 2 inches bigger than when I started in July. My semi-regular measurements bounce around an inch or so. So that doesn't mean that I have B cups.

In all my reading I noted that not many MFT's get more than a B cup, and the older you start the less you're going to get. (Yes I know, YMMV!) So, I've decided to continue on with this course of HRT. Besides, I'm liking them!  :icon_smile:
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Northern Star Girl

@GordonG
I am so very happy that you started your own HRT Journey thread.  It will certainly be nice for you and good for your readers and followers... so we can all keep up to date with what is going on with you.

Actually, your own thread is your own journal that you can share your successes and also your disappointments... writing out these things is actually very good personal therapy and will help you to develop positive solutions to any issues that you are experiencing.....  plus your readers and followers will be able to contribute their thoughts and comments that you might even find helpful.

In addition we are there for you to rejoice with you when you report good news, and when your news is not so good, we are here to support you with a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on.

It is interesting that you stated that your initial goal of HRT was not to transition and/or grow boobs.... and now I read that you may be changing your tune with your last sentence:
"So, I've decided to continue on with this course of HRT. Besides, I'm liking them!  :icon_smile:"

Again, it is terrific that you now have your own thread.... you will find it personally beneficial for sure.
Thank you for sharing.  I will be eagerly looking for and following your updates.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

GordonG

Thank you Danielle , you are so nice and a great asset to this forum.

I'm going to start watching what I eat better and get more exercise to lose more weight.  I'm down 30 lbs from my all time high about 2 years ago. I could stand to loose another 35 to 50. 50 would put me at my weight 45 years ago.
Thanks again.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

pamelatransuk

GordonG

Congratulations on starting HRT on July 16th and October 5th.

I am glad that you have subsequently witnessed both physical and emotional benefits. I hope the brain fog which your HRT should counteract, results in your brain functioning clearer.

I wish you every happiness on your HRT journey (whichever route you decide in future to take).

Hugs

Pamela

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: GordonG on December 19, 2018, 08:22:03 AM
Thank you Danielle , you are so nice and a great asset to this forum.

I'm going to start watching what I eat better and get more exercise to lose more weight.  I'm down 30 lbs from my all time high about 2 years ago. I could stand to loose another 35 to 50. 50 would put me at my weight 45 years ago.
Thanks again.

That is great to hear. I've been working to lose weight too. I have a topic located at https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,243318.20.html. Feel free to post there or start another thread. We can keep each other motivated. Best of luck.  ;D
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: pamelatransuk on December 19, 2018, 08:30:54 AM
GordonG

Congratulations on starting HRT on July 16th and October 5th.

I am glad that you have subsequently witnessed both physical and emotional benefits. I hope the brain fog which your HRT should counteract, results in your brain functioning clearer.

I wish you every happiness on your HRT journey (whichever route you decide in future to take).

Hugs

Pamela

Thanks Pamela! So far so good.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

GordonG

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 19, 2018, 09:10:19 AM
That is great to hear. I've been working to lose weight too. I have a topic located at https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,243318.20.html. Feel free to post there or start another thread. We can keep each other motivated. Best of luck.  ;D

I'll be sure to take a look at it.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

GordonG

I'm so happy.  ;D

Today I had an appointment with the urologist that was referred to me by my hrt prescribing doctor. We talked about all the pros and cons for an orchiectomy. All systems are a go. I can call and schedule a surgery day anytime I want to. But I need to hold off a little while for some other things that are going on in my life. But I hope to have it done by March.

Whoopee, :icon_dance: then I can go off the spiro.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: GordonG on January 03, 2019, 07:40:44 PM
I'm so happy.  ;D

Today I had an appointment with the urologist that was referred to me by my hrt prescribing doctor. We talked about all the pros and cons for an orchiectomy. All systems are a go. I can call and schedule a surgery day anytime I want to. But I need to hold off a little while for some other things that are going on in my life. But I hope to have it done by March.

Whoopee, :icon_dance: then I can go off the spiro.

@GordonG
Wow, this is exciting news for you....   when you finally get a consultation date and a proposed surgery date please keep us all informed so we can start a countdown on your thread....   

Again, very exciting news.
Thank you for sharing and posting.

Hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

GordonG

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 03, 2019, 08:04:40 PM
@GordonG
Wow, this is exciting news for you....   when you finally get a consultation date and a proposed surgery date please keep us all informed so we can start a countdown on your thread....   

Again, very exciting news.
Thank you for sharing and posting.

Hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle

Thank you Danielle.
Today was the consultation date. He put the gloves on to check out the equipment. Scheduling the surgery date is the next step.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

MikeP

This all sounds great!  I just started spiro and the clinic I am connected with is very pro orchiectomy after a trial of HRT.  Something that was very encouraging for us with genital dysphoria is they understand and would set you up to be a fully functional eunuch.  Most doctors dont understand the eunuch concept.  This is all great.  I sent you a PM too. 
If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford
  •  

GordonG

A bit of a downer today. My insurance informed me that they do require two letters, and one year of hrt before they will pay for an orchiectomy.  I messaged the Dr. to ask what my cost would be paying myself.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on January 07, 2019, 08:50:00 PM
A bit of a downer today. My insurance informed me that they do require two letters, and one year of hrt before they will pay for an orchiectomy.  I messaged the Dr. to ask what my cost would be paying myself.
The gatekeepers at work!
I was hoping they would agree to remove my useless testes that hurt a lot all day, every day.  They'd rather pump me full of antibiotics instead of doing actions!  The antibiotics are almost done, they did do nothing against the pain!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

AnneK

QuoteMy insurance informed me that they do require two letters, and one year of hrt before

If I'm reading your sig correctly, you're already on HRT, though not for a year.  Is it a problem to wait?  It's the same deal in Ontario, a year on HRT and 2 evaluations, before any surgery.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

GordonG

Great news. I'm now scheduled for surgery on Feb 15th. I'll be paying for it myself seeing how my insurance won't do it now. I'd have to wait till October for them to "maybe" pay for it. Since I plan on retiring this year, I want to go ahead and get it done.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

JanePlain

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on January 14, 2019, 07:40:39 PM
Great news. I'm now scheduled for surgery on Feb 15th. I'll be paying for it myself seeing how my insurance won't do it now. I'd have to wait till October for them to "maybe" pay for it. Since I plan on retiring this year, I want to go ahead and get it done.
I think i am next in line, I still try to find a way to make it a medical necessity!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

pamelatransuk

Glad to see you have arranged a date for surgery. I shall be thinking of you on Feb 15th.

Hope all goes very well.

Good luck on reimbursement from Insurance in October also.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

GordonG

Got a question, if anyone has any experience with Spironolactone and an Orchiectomy. I know that I'll need to taper off the Spiro, you can't just cold turkey that stuff.  I'm wondering if I should taper down to nothing just before my surgery or wait till after?

And no, I can't ask my prescribing doctor because he is incommunicado. He badly injured his foot/ankle a while ago and had to have surgery. His nurse says that he'll be back in March some time. And no, they will not contact him for me to ask. Kind of a bum deal that I really don't understand.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: GordonG on January 21, 2019, 08:04:34 PM
Got a question, if anyone has any experience with Spironolactone and an Orchiectomy. I know that I'll need to taper off the Spiro, you can't just cold turkey that stuff.  I'm wondering if I should taper down to nothing just before my surgery or wait till after?

And no, I can't ask my prescribing doctor because he is incommunicado. He badly injured his foot/ankle a while ago and had to have surgery. His nurse says that he'll be back in March some time. And no, they will not contact him for me to ask. Kind of a bum deal that I really don't understand.
@GordonG
No on-call doctor filling in to handle thier patients???  Blood test results will dictate when, how fast, and the correct dosages prior to your surgery date.
You really need professional medical advice perhaps from you surgeon would be best because it is the surgeon in your doctor's absence that knows exactly what the answer will be for your unique situation based on your blood test numbers.

When is your planned surgery date? ???
Hugs,
Danielle

•