Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Things you do no longer use or buy now

Started by ChrissyRyan, December 28, 2018, 07:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 20, 2019, 08:11:32 PM

Linde,

That is interesting.  Are you talking about lab coats?

Chrissy
Suit jackets or something like this.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

MaryT

•  

CynthiaAnn

Ties (I had a job once that required wearing them)

•  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: MaryT on April 21, 2019, 01:59:09 PM
Filing cabinets.

Pfft!  I wish someone would tell that to my partner!  He just spent days reorganizing his!

Bras and panties.  SO uncomfortable and dysphoric-causing for me!  Give me boxer briefs and A-style undershirts anytime!

Ryuichi

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 02, 2019, 08:18:58 PM
florescent light tubes
boxer shorts
10base t hubs
8 track tapes
6 volt lantern batteries
35mm film
flash cubes
video cassette camcorder

to name a few

C -

I found a box of flash cubes at my grand parents house. After my grandma explained what they were I must say I thought they were kind of cool. She still had a camera that uses flash cubes. Of course they no longer make film for that old camera. Why my grandma won't throw it away I don't know. It's kind of sad that before cell phones you h had to carry around an actual camera if you wanted to take pictures of anything.  I've never owned a camera. I take any pictures I want with my phone. I've also seen those old video cameras people used to take videos. My grand parents still have one of course. Life must have sucked before cell phones. You actually had to have separate devices to take pictures and videos. Very sad.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: Julia1996 on April 27, 2019, 12:04:37 PM
I found a box of flash cubes at my grand parents house. After my grandma explained what they were I must say I thought they were kind of cool. She still had a camera that uses flash cubes. Of course they no longer make film for that old camera. Why my grandma won't throw it away I don't know. It's kind of sad that before cell phones you h had to carry around an actual camera if you wanted to take pictures of anything.  I've never owned a camera. I take any pictures I want with my phone. I've also seen those old video cameras people used to take videos. My grand parents still have one of course. Life must have sucked before cell phones. You actually had to have separate devices to take pictures and videos. Very sad.

Oh man, now I really feel old!  :P

I still have a Polaroid camera, the ones that make the picture right away and you shook it to get the film to dry faster, like in that song.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw&ab_channel=OutkastVEVO

I can still find film for it on amazon, but now I too prefer my phone. 8)

Ryuichi

•  

Linde

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on April 29, 2019, 02:43:42 PM
Oh man, now I really feel old!  :P

I still have a Polaroid camera, the ones that make the picture right away and you shook it to get the film to dry faster, like in that song.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw&ab_channel=OutkastVEVO

I can still find film for it on amazon, but now I too prefer my phone. 8)

Ryuichi
Want to feel young?  My first camera is that what was called a Box, some very early rendition of the point and shoot things!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

MaryT

Handkerchieves.  Remember those things that people filled with snot and then put back in their pockets?

I still have some unused ones with my initials, that were given to me many yeas ago.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

TV and Radio tubes

recalling the drug store tube testers and the like...

and yes I had Polaroid film cam, it was really cool to peel the back off the film and see your picture come to life, like wow...

now Audio tubes are a specialty today and highly sought after...

C -
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on April 22, 2019, 02:38:20 PM
Pfft!  I wish someone would tell that to my partner!  He just spent days reorganizing his!

Bras and panties.  SO uncomfortable and dysphoric-causing for me!  Give me boxer briefs and A-style undershirts anytime!

Ryuichi

Oh I know! My dad has a filing cabinet in his office at home. I have told him all the crap he has in there can easily be put on his laptop. He also still gets paper statements in the mail for the electric bill and everything else. I told him to switch to electronic billing and he wouldn't have the clutter of paper statements. He told me that when I started paying bills I could do the electronic billing but that he liked the paper statements. Ugh, I try dragging him kicking and screaming into the 21st century but I usually fail. He is only 40 but I swear sometimes he acts like an old fart!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

DawnOday

Encourage your Dad to get a VPN connection to protect his data being transmitted as  VPN is encrypted. I taught old people at Boeing who did not want to join the 21st Century. Guess what the number one question I got....How do you turn on the computer?
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: DawnOday on May 04, 2019, 11:47:32 AM
Encourage your Dad to get a VPN connection to protect his data being transmitted as  VPN is encrypted. I taught old people at Boeing who did not want to join the 21st Century. Guess what the number one question I got....How do you turn on the computer?

Or when you ask someone what kind of computer they have and they say " a white one". 🤣🤣
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 04, 2019, 11:29:18 AM
Oh I know! My dad has a filing cabinet in his office at home. I have told him all the crap he has in there can easily be put on his laptop. He also still gets paper statements in the mail for the electric bill and everything else. I told him to switch to electronic billing and he wouldn't have the clutter of paper statements. He told me that when I started paying bills I could do the electronic billing but that he liked the paper statements. Ugh, I try dragging him kicking and screaming into the 21st century but I usually fail. He is only 40 but I swear sometimes he acts like an old fart!
You might change your tune if you have ever been through an IRS audit. I was and the trick is to bury them in paperwork. Everything they questioned I could produce the paper work for and the bundle I sent off to them included about 160 checks and some other assorted documentation. I passed the audit without any difficulty thanks to having all that clutter.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

CynthiaAnn

maxipads (they were only useful for a certain period of time post op)

breast forms (I grew my own)

Frilly panties (plain Jane for me now)

Short hem lines (I prefer knee length or longer now)

•  

ChrissyRyan

Excessive makeup.

Just a little goes a long way...    :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 24, 2019, 07:02:35 PM
Excessive makeup.

Just a little goes a long way...    :)

Chrissy

@ChrissyRyan           
In mechanical terms, it is kinda like if one drop of oil is good then two drops of oil is excessive
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 24, 2019, 07:05:54 PM
  @ChrissyRyan           
In mechanical terms, it is kinda like if one drop of oil is good then two drops of oil is excessive
Danielle

@Alaskan Danielle

In mathematical terms, being a decimal point off can yield bad results.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Haley Conner

correction fluid for manual typewriters
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Haley Conner on May 24, 2019, 07:21:42 PM
correction fluid for manual typewriters

typewriter ribbons / printer ribbons
  •  

Susan Baum

Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •