Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Trying to come out to my sister

Started by VivianB, January 14, 2019, 08:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VivianB

I have decided to come out to my sister but I am way too nervous. I have decided to come to my sister since I have been talking to her a lot lately. She said she wants to talk to me a lot since something scary happened late last week. She is proud that I saved our mother's life.

For the past few days we have been talking about everything under the sun from Transgender rights, movies, politics, pets, jokes etc. I was thinking that this might be good time to come out but I am so nervous. I tried to come out another one my sisters but I chickened out.
  •  

Rayna

I don't know your sister, but it sounds like you are close.  I say go for it!  Just do it.  You'll be so relieved once you have, and I hope you'll have gained a new ally.  I am now out to my mother, sisters and brother, about 60 cousins and extended family and many friends.  Very few negative reactions.  I hope it will go well for you, too.
If so, then why not?
  •  

VivianB

I just dont know why it is so hard to come out.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: VivianB on January 15, 2019, 11:50:05 AM

@VivianB
Coming out the very first time to anyone can be one of the most nerve wracking things that we can do... 
...it is obviously up to you when and where, but I will tell you that when you do finally come out to your sister, it will be like a big heavy weight is lifted off of your shoulders...   

Subsequently and thankfully as you then come out to more and more family, friends, co-workers, etc.... it will become a little less stressful each time.   Once you have come out fully to everyone you can then feel and enjoy the freedom of living your life more fully with no more secrets to hide.

Be strong, be determined, and try to figure out the correct timing and place for coming out to your sister.
Please, if you feel so led, keep us updated about your progress...
We are your biggest fans and are rooting for you.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: VivianB on January 15, 2019, 11:50:05 AM

For me it was not knowing the reaction. I thought and planned, but finally I just had to blurt it out when I found a "good" time. I do not talk to my family because they are toxic people.

My sister was accepting and said that I was going to be her sister. She offered to sell me her eggs.
My dad was atheist and he said that life it too short and to just be happy. He was all for it.

My other brother, the androgynous one, did not say anything except that he was jealous and had already disowned me. So whatever.

My mother hated me before and after so... whatever.
My oldest brother said that he isn't surprised because I've always been a "little bi#ch".

I thought that I did good with 50%. Of course my family is comprised mostly of gangster types so YMMV. I am sure that most people do much better.

From my experience women are much more supporting.
  •  

VivianB

I asked my sister (the one I came out to) if she could inform our other sisters and so far two of them say they are happy for me. I have a lot of sisters.
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: VivianB on January 17, 2019, 05:54:01 PM
I asked my sister (the one I came out to) if she could inform our other sisters and so far two of them say they are happy for me. I have a lot of sisters.

That is fantastic!
  •