Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I finally did it! I came out!

Started by VivianB, January 15, 2019, 05:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VivianB

I finally came out to one of sisters today. She seemed very happy and proud that I came out. I expected her to not believe me or have some doubt, but she embraced it. I told her she can tell our oldest sister. She asked if she could tell two of our other sisters, but told her to hold off on that for now.

It seems a weight has been lifted, but I am going through a wide range of feelings and emotions.

She loved the name I want to go by.
  •  

MadisonJoan

Congratulations!

Hopefully I can come out to my girlfriend soon.
Wait'll they get a load of me!
  •  

debrahelen

Quote from: VivianB on January 15, 2019, 05:58:07 PM
I finally came out to one of sisters today. She seemed very happy and proud that I came out. I expected her to not believe me or have some doubt, but she embraced it. I told her she can tell our oldest sister. She asked if she could tell two of our other sisters, but told her to hold off on that for now.

It seems a weight has been lifted, but I am going through a wide range of feelings and emotions.

Wonderful feeling to have that weight off your shoulders.  I'm sure you'll share many great moments going forward.
Deb
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Vivian,

That is great news!  Embracing - now that is a terrific result!   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@VivianB
Thank you so much for posting your followup to your previous posting earlier today...
                "Trying to come out to my sister"
      https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,243967.0.html

I am so very, very happy for you that it went well for you.

As I stated in my reply comment on your previous thread that coming out to loved ones, family, friends and co-workers is like a big weight is lifted off of your shoulders.   
This will pave the way for you to make future coming out announcements and they will become a little less stressful each time you do.

Thank you for posting your good news, I am very happy for you.
Here on the forums we are your biggest fans and we are always rooting for your siccess.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

VivianB

•  

LizK

Hi Vivian

Congratulations on coming out to a family member. its always tough because you just don't know how they will react.  So pleased it was a positive response. Sometimes when we think about these things its hard to imagine a really positive reaction but such a joy when you get one.

Congrats

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Wendi

Congratulations Vivian. I recently had the pressure off when I told my family.

It's a big relief knowing you're moving forward.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, Vivian!  Well done!  What a relief, eh?  :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

VivianB

Its feels a bit unreal that I finally came out.
  •  

Julie -2010

Vivian,

Congratulations.  It must feel good.  When I came out to my sons it was a big relief.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •