Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

HRT with type 1 diabetic on insulin pump

Started by LadySkylarThomasMTF, January 16, 2019, 03:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadySkylarThomasMTF

I'm on an insulin pump and I've noticed the last few days my glucose levels seem to be staying higher than normal for a longer period of time, as though the insulin is taking a lot of time to work. It seems I'm needing more insulin then normal to lower my glucose level. Does that seem normal for other women on HRT therapy? I started hormones about 2 months ago and haven't had a problem at all until just a few days ago. I was also thinking maybe it is the result of insulin that may have gone bad from not being refrigerated right away after I received it.  The only insulin I have in my possession spent a couple of weeks unrefrigerated because I forgot about it being in my luggage after a trip I returned home from. So I'm learning toward with thinking maybe it lost its umph. I just hope the estradiol and spironolactone aren't causing me to be insulin resistant.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

•  

AnneK

Talk to your doctor.  They're the only one able to answer that.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •