Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Wendi's journal with HRT transformation

Started by Wendi, January 29, 2019, 04:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendi

I thought it would be wise to start a journal of my journey so I can go back and see where I've come from and how I felt along the way.

I started HRT on 1/3/2019. My meds are Spironolactone and Estradiol patches. They are starting doses (which I know I cannot mention) that my DR felt comfortable with.

I felt relieved to be starting HRT and my mood was really ubeat. I know everyone is different and that it is a journey that'll take years and not weeks but I haven't noticed many changes at all.

The biggest is my libido which has really diminished to practically nothing. My skin is also less oily which it wasn't over oily to begin with.

I've felt some tingling in my breasts at times but not like I had expected. I know the YMMV but I was hoping for more activity on that front (pun intended). I'm trying to be patient but it's so hard because I've waited so long to start growing up into the woman I feel inside.

I have my first followup appointment this week at my 4 week anniversary and I'm hoping for a dosage increase. 

In the meantime I'll just have to continue being patient as hard as it is.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

GingerVicki

I am on spironolactone and E patches myself. Within 6 weeks I had marble sized breast buds. Now they are the size of two golf balls side by side and started at the 3-month mark. Changes will happen.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Wendi
Dear Wendi:
I think it is wonderful that you have started your own personal thread that you can use to chronicle your transition life events.   
Having most of you HRT updates in one place will be a big help to you but also to your readers and followers that will hitch a ride on your journey.

You have obviously been doing some reading of some of the other members HRT threads so you have a fair idea of what to expect...  and you are very right mentioning YMMV.    Every unique body will react differently and uniquely to the HRT regimen that your doctor has uniquely prescribed for you... and based on frequent blood tests the dosages and meds may be modified as you continue on.

Some will experience more significant body changes more quickly and some will experience less significant body changes more slowly.  What you read about other transtioners experiences on HRT will most like not be your own experience.
Nothing usually happens very quickly with HRT, but things will happen so you will have to exercise PATIENCE !!!!

Keeping your own Forums Journal will allow you to share your successes, your disappointments, your good times and your bad times.  More than likely your transition road will have potholes, so it will be good personal therapy for you to write out and share those moments with like-minded members here that can rally behind you and rejoice when you report good news, and when your report not-so-good news we will be there with an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on.

Personally for me I not only have my Forums  "Danielle's Chronicles"  threads but I also keep a personal "old school" Pen&Paper Journal complete with colorful doodling and a few snapshot pictures for my very personal ramblings.

Both my public journal and my very personal journal are great places for me to vent my frustrations and to also make note of any of my accomplishments.... which makes them a good place to ponder my situations and to think about positive next steps... again, terrific personal therapy....    great reading (and even crying) for sometime hours on a cold wintry night while sitting in my comfy chair in front of my fireplace. 

I am so very glad that you have started your thread and I will be eagerly looking for your updates on your thread and other various threads around the forums... but only as you feel comfortable sharing with us.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Wendi,

Yes, we all know that patience is so difficult to find, especially after waiting sooo long to begin hrt. Keeping this thread, or a paper and pen version as Danielle suggests is a great way to track your progression. Noting the small things will give strength to wait for the more significant things that you are eagerly awaiting. You might want to start taking body measurements to see how they change as time progresses. For me, the physical changes (i.e. boob growth) and the strong emotional swings didn't begin until around the three month mark but there are so many variables. The most important ones for me began around two years out with my ability to mix in with groups of women and begin to have really heart felt dialog, the kind of stuff that truly never could have happened in my old life.

Take it slow and enjoy the magic, but you might just as well want to tighten your seat belt because the ride does get pretty crazy at times.

Tia Anne
  •  

Jaime320

@wendi Welcome to the party. Many changes are a foot.

@Anne Blake really 3 month roller coaster? Oh hell. So far emotions are more accessible,  but nothing extreme.
  •  

LauraE

Wendi,

While you're just a few weeks into your transformation, I certainly identify with the impatience of wondering when the heck things will kick in.....Once things start, though, hang on for the ride.

And keep us up to date.

Laura
When you're ready, start living your truth.
That's when the magic happens.

Laura Full-Time: November 27, 2020

My FFS Journey   | One New Life to Life (my blog)  |  Should I Stay or Should I Go |   My Breast Augmentation

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello Wendi

Congratulations on starting HRT Jan 3rd. You'll remember taking the first tablet and applying the first patch forever!

I agree with others that you should begin to see more noticeable changes after 3 months.

I wish you every success on your journey. Enjoy the rollercoaster ride!

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Wendi

Thanks for the encouragement girls.

I had my one month follow up on Thursday. They drew blood to check my levels and increased the Spironolactone and left the patch at the initial dose.

I was hoping the Estradiol would have been increased but they want me to be safe. I guess I can't argue with their thinking.  :) 

I'm still bummed that it's not moving along faster but it is what it is.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

Jenny1969

Wendi

I too am just over the 30 day mark.......and I am not seeing/feeling any changes yet either.  :(   I will be patient though. I am only on the estradiol patch. I am hoping to start sprorial soon.
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Wendi on February 02, 2019, 09:53:53 AM
Thanks for the encouragement girls.

I had my one month follow up on Thursday. They drew blood to check my levels and increased the Spironolactone and left the patch at the initial dose.

I was hoping the Estradiol would have been increased but they want me to be safe. I guess I can't argue with their thinking.  :) 

I'm still bummed that it's not moving along faster but it is what it is.

@Wendi
Dear Wendi:
Thank you for posting your followup report and sharing your thoughts.

One thing for sure is that body changes with HRT never happen as quickly as we all desire. 
"Seemingly these days the popular saying is: "I want it ALL and I want it NOW!!!"
As I stated in my previous post to you on this thread...   PATIENCE IS REQUIRED !!!!!

You are doing the right thing by having your Doctor guide your HRT.   You doctor is monitoring your blood levels and only adjusting dosages as needed. 
I have read HRT studies showing that if the "estrogen" dosages are too high that it could impair some of your transition body development, especially in the breasts.   This is exactly why doctor monitored and guided HRT is essential.   Self medicating can not only be dangerous to one's health but may not give the best results. 

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
I will be eagerly looking for your updates as you feel led to post them.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

NatalieRene

Congratulations. HRT is one of those things that if right for a person can change everything. Just remember it is a marathon not a sprint so it will take some time. At 30 days in the ride is just beginning.
  •  

Wendi

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 02, 2019, 10:40:52 AM
@Wendi
Dear Wendi:
Thank you for posting your followup report and sharing your thoughts.

One thing for sure is that body changes with HRT never happen as quickly as we all desire. 
"Seemingly these days the popular saying is: "I want it ALL and I want it NOW!!!"
As I stated in my previous post to you on this thread...   PATIENCE IS REQUIRED !!!!!

You are doing the right thing by having your Doctor guide your HRT.   You doctor is monitoring your blood levels and only adjusting dosages as needed. 
I have read HRT studies showing that if the "estrogen" dosages are too high that it could impair some of your transition body development, especially in the breasts.   This is exactly why doctor monitored and guided HRT is essential.   Self medicating can not only be dangerous to one's health but may not give the best results. 

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
I will be eagerly looking for your updates as you feel led to post them.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

I can't imagine doing this without a Dr's direction. There's too much to risk especially my life.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

Wendi

Well unfortunately I took a brief hiatus but I'm back.

I was having doubts if I was doing the right thing. I was fearful and started being withdrawn which is not like me. I thought things out and I really need to take this journey. I've put this off my whole life and I need to be who I am inside so I'm back in full swing.

I feel so much more at ease with my decision to move forward and reading about your adventures had been so helpful and encouraging.

I can't thank you all enough so a BIG THANKS to all you pioneers that have stepped ahead and are helping us beginners start to grow into who we know we are.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Wendi

Nice to see you back and again wishing to pursue your journey to happiness.

This is nothing wrong or strange about having doubts as most of us do especially in the early months.

I am sure you will soon see both mental and physical benefits from HRT and that you will arranging your first Blood Tests for E&T such that your doctor may monitor and either maintain or adjust your dosages.

Although we cannot state dosages, we are permitted to state our BT readings and you may consider doing so but only if you wish of course.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•