Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Newbie_new to social media

Started by Laura42, February 14, 2019, 02:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura42

Hi everyone, I am a 55 year old trans woman and have been full time since mid-December 2018. I started on Sandrena gel in early June '18 and then had a Decapeptyl injection in early December ( two days after changing my name by deed poll and going full time - great planning eh? ).

I have been very fortunate because all family, friends, and work colleagues have been amazing. It was just so difficult to start telling everyone about my plan to transition even though I was already more than a year into it when I started to spread the word in March last year.

Its great to be able to share experiences and I am looking forward to learning my way around this site. I am a bit of a Luddite because up to now I have never used any social media such as Facebook or twitter. I stretched myself to get used to WhatsApp after a few friends convinced me to give it a go. Hopefully a few of you will be rolling around laughing at the prospect of anyone in the UK being so naive about social media 😀.

After 8 weeks on Decapeptyl my bum is aching almost constantly around the injection area and I am hoping it is going to stop aching sometime soon. I had the impression from reading various medical posts about this drug that side effects were not necessarily permanent.🤞.

I am very open to sharing more of my story if anyone would like to hear it. I dare say though that it is very familiar to so many others in my age range.

Looking forward to progressing further towards my new self and hearing your stories.

Love, Laura
  •  

Jessica

Hi Laura 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.
Congratulations on your progress so far, I hope you will gain more insight from all the members that are more than willing to share.

I see you're new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

V M

Hi Laura  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •