Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The daily challenge

Started by Laura42, February 14, 2019, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura42

Some days are better than others and it can be a challenge to step out into the World sometimes. I am referring of course to the daily shaving / make up / confidence challenge. This is the main reason I deferred going full time for almost exactly two years from the day I decided to transition.

I just wonder how many of us feel the same on this subject.

BTW, I had a year of laser then almost a year of electrolysis before I went full time and I reckon to have another two years of electro to go based on having a one hour session most weeks through winter, early spring, and autumn. ( my job gets crazily busy between April and September so with that and holidays I find it difficult to keep such frequent electrolysis appointments all through the year).

Please share any make up tips or other advice for keeping confidence up.
Thanks
Laura
  •  

Julie -2010

Laura,

My makeup lady always tells me.  "Makeup enhances and is not a mask".  The biggest help I can give you on makeup is practice practice and practice.  It takes time.  Love your self no matter what.

Good Luck,

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

HappyMoni

Do all the things you can thing of to improve your look of course, but I think confidence comes with experiences. The more I experience, the more confident I get. And yes, some days suck. Allow for that. Chalk up the bad day, but stay positive. The trend will always be better if you stay positive because that means you are taking positive steps. I gotta say, my hair takes forever, but each day it gets easier. Well, if I find better techniques it might take longer. By the way Laura, welcome to Susan's. My name is Moni. Glad you are here.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

KimOct

Hi Laura,  As Moni said confidence comes with experience.  I did 80 hours of electro and I could use at least 80 more but I may not ever do another session.  I have been on HRT for 2 1/2 years and an orchie 2 years ago and of course that doesn't kill a beard.

Here's the thing I am sick of spending the money on it.  And it really is more about what is in your head than on your face.  Of course I want to look good and it takes me a full hour from start to finish but I used to worry so much about it, now I am probably much closer to most women.  If I have a good hair day great, if not oh well I'm annoyed for a minute and go on my way.

I have become much more comfortable in my own skin.  Is it perfect yet? Nope.  I still have my moments but worrying too much about this is not worthwhile.  The good news is that eventually it fades away.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

KathyLauren

Just hang in there!  I have done more than 100 hours of electro, and I am thoroughly sick of it.  But I keep going every week, because there is no alternative. 

Fortunately, at 100 hours, I started seeing significant changes.  I had to bump up my "grow-out" from three days to four so she'd have enough hair to grab.  Now, when I shave, my face feels baby's-butt smooth and stays that way all day.  By evening, it is starting to feel a little un-smooth in places, but nothing is visible.  In fact, even after four days of growing it out, you'd have to be looking for it to see any hair.

It's a long tunnel, but there is a light at the end of it, and it's not an oncoming train!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •