Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Countries visited

Started by Megan., March 05, 2019, 05:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kylo on March 26, 2019, 08:21:39 PM
I was thinking about Tahiti recently. I've an interest in the 1700s history of British sail and their visits to Tahiti. Heard Papeete hasn't been too good for a while though, most people go to Bora Bora and Moorea.

My mother is from Norfolk Island. I have half my family is descended from Royal Navy Limeys from the square rigger days and Tahitian and Maori girls.

Mum and Me in Tahiti in 1973.

Kirsten x.
As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Kylo

So you're part descended from the Pitcairners/Bounty mutineers, then.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kylo on March 27, 2019, 08:23:59 AM
So you're part descended from the Pitcairners/Bounty mutineers, then.
Correct. Ancestors are Quintal, Adams, Christian.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

SamuelR77

Countries I visited:

1. France - Paris (the wealth of historic buildings, monuments, and art museums)

2. New Zealand (South Island is the most scenic)

3. Australia (Snowy River Mountains country, Ayers Rock, Ferry Penguin Island near Melbourne were the highlights of the trip)

4. Ireland

Last Minute Travels

1. London

2. Amsterdam

3. China
  •  

Anastasia

I'm from the US and not very well traveled, just Germany, Austria and Switzerland. And Colorado. I throw Colorado in there because 1- it took longer to get to Colorado than Hamburg (24 hours vs 11 hours) and 2- there was as much of a cultural difference between home and Colorado as there was between home and Hamburg. I did see the iron curtain (from a distance).
  •