Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Has anyone gotten hair transplants through the Zukowski clinic in Chicago?

Started by scrambledeggs, March 22, 2019, 10:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrambledeggs

I've settled in going to Dr. Zukowksi for FFS. Unfortunately, a scalp advancement won't be entirely enough to completely fix my hairline. He recommended about 2000 transplants in addition to scalp advancement.  Has anyone gotten transplants through his clinic? If so, what were your results like? I know he outsources the transplant work but I haven't seen many reviews of it.
  •  

Dani

I had FFS and hair transplants with Dr Mardirossian in Florida. I know that you asked for DrZ experience, but my experience should be similar.

When I had the Brow reduction, I had an incision from temple to temple going over the top of my head well within the hairline. I also had my hairline advanced a bit. After healing from this surgery, I still had a visible scar only partially hidden by my natural hair.

About one year later, I had 2200 follicles transplanted to cover my temples and lower my hairline. I had FUE and I also had platelet rich plasma injected into the area. The donor site was at the back of my head. This is state of the art and it can be done by most everyone who offers hair transplants as it is not technically difficult. It just takes time to extract and reinsert all those hair follicles. I was in the office for about 8 hours, four hours to extract and divide into single follicles, a short lunch and then three more hours to transplant. I had two technicians and Dr M working all day on my head. The two technicians travel from office to office as scheduled. This is more common than I expected, so my take is that it really does not matter which doctor you go to. It is really the skill of the technicians who extract and insert the follicles. Ask to see examples of their work.

My head did scab over somewhat and it itched like crazy for the first few weeks. Keep the dressing on as directed and do not shampoo until allowed to and most important, do not scratch those newly transplanted follicles. I did lose about two dozen follicles which came out mainly embedded in the scabs that eventually fell off. It takes about 4 to 6 months for the hair to start growing after the transplant. Mine came in a bit fuzzy at first, but now it seems to be more similar to the rest of my hair. It has been one full year since the transplants and now my hair line is looking real natural, but it is still a bit thin in places. I may consider another round of transplants in the future.

My picture was taken about 6 months after FFS and before my hair transplants. I want to give my transplants a little more time before I post a new picture.
  •