Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Poll: sexual orientation

Started by Bea1968, May 02, 2019, 03:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A question was posted that got quite a bit of responses and that's cool, but I'm a numbers gal.  So, I'm doing a poll of trans women.  Pre-op, post-op, non-op.  What is your preference?

Totally straight
Mostly straight
Totally lesbian
Mostly lesbian
Bisexual
Something else
Asexual
PanSexual
Transmen
Transwomen
Not much into anything
demisexual

MaryT

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 03, 2019, 12:52:08 AM
I've been corrected here and elsewhere for referring to myself as a "woman", so lets go with womxn.  I'm not truly a 'lesbian', being ostracized by the local lesbian communities as soon as they learn I am transgender, and have been told that is reserved in local culture for natal women attracted to natal women.  So thats out. 

I'm not sure whether you are being ironic.  I like to think that we correctly recognise our own gender and sexual orientation, regardless of how others see us.  I understand how soul destroying it can be to be rejected by the people with whom we identify, though.
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 03, 2019, 12:52:08 AMQueer is OK but a bit broad.
Socially created boxes and labels are rarely a great fit,

I'm looking at these poll choices; how about a "Totally straight" "Bisexual"? Someone here recently pointed out to me that I may not be "a Transexual" at all but rather "Gender Fluid", or Gender Queer?

Quote from: urban dictionaryGender Fluid is a gender identity best described as a dynamic mix of boy and girl. A person who is Gender Fluid may always feel like a mix of the two traditional genders, but may feel more boy some days, and more girl other days

Or consider what I first defined years ago, "a boygle"? Or a "bi" "hetrosexual"? In my case "orientation" does matter when it comes to "which identity" ;D For me this explains alot when it comes to why I never really "socially transistioned".
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Astxl

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 03, 2019, 12:52:08 AM
Demisexual womxn attracted to womxn.

I am drawn to feminine presentation and attitude, and really don't know what might be between their legs, to be blunt, when i see someone i think of as attractive.

I've been corrected here and elsewhere for referring to myself as a "woman", so lets go with womxn.  I'm not truly a 'lesbian', being ostracized by the local lesbian communities as soon as they learn I am transgender, and have been told that is reserved in local culture for natal women attracted to natal women.  So thats out. 

Queer is OK but a bit broad.

Socially created boxes and labels are rarely a great fit, and the labels we assign to ourselves may not match the labels that local culture assigns to us.

What??? You are a WOMAN, if those bitches say you are a man or something, they are wrong, you just be you, you can be a trans woman, and be lesbian, these disgusting bitches are IGNORANT people.
  •  

DebbySoufflage

Completely straight. MtF and non-op here.
What can I say? I love men a lot hehe.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Bea and I love numbers and statistics just like you.

I have had to vote "Something Else" as I am asexual with minor lesbian tendencies. It is possible that others on this thread who describe their sexual orientation as I do mine, may have voted differently.

I would suggest that for future polls, you may wish to consider "Asexual" or "Mainly Asexual". I think you may be surprised at the significant number of asexual or mainly asexual transgirls!

Hugs

Pamela 

•  

Linde

Quote from: pamelatransuk on May 05, 2019, 07:02:29 AM
Hello again Bea and I love numbers and statistics just like you.

I have had to vote "Something Else" as I am asexual with minor lesbian tendencies. It is possible that others on this thread who describe their sexual orientation as I do mine, may have voted differently.

I would suggest that for future polls, you may wish to consider "Asexual" or "Mainly Asexual". I think you may be surprised at the significant number of asexual or mainly asexual transgirls!

Hugs

Pamela
I am very similar to you.  Asexual for many years now, but very lesbian, if I ever would get a libido back!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: pamelatransuk on May 05, 2019, 07:02:29 AM

Yup!

Broadly, the trans population seems to break down to about 1/3 hetero, 1/3 same-gender attraction, and 1/3 asexual, as far as one can try to categorize the different possibilities.

I'm demisexual, which means that I really only feel sexual attraction to someone who can establish an emotional or romantic connection with me, and that implies womxn as possible partners.  Practically, that makes me a Laurie-sexual.  ;)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Devlyn

The fact that the vague "Something else" is leading in the poll must say something about the choices that the poll offers.  :)
  •  

josie76

So self inflection and years of attempting to make sense of myself, I come to this conclusion.
Sexual attraction: lesbian, always saw the feminine form visually attractive.
Emotionally: I need a strong sense of connection and safety within the relationship to feel more than an asexual like state.
Instinctually: there are definitely some reproductive instincts wired in my brain that are clearly female. I could imagine being with a man under the right circumstances and even find a want for that, but still there exists this disconnect between those desires and not finding the male body attractive at all.

I'm not certain how common this is. I know a few other transwomen who have expressed the same sense of a disconnect between one instincts and the actual sexual attraction. It does make things complicated for certain.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Megan.

I'm another 'Something Else'er.

When asked to label myself, I go with' pansexual', which comes closer than anything else.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Josie_L

Im just straight, not mostly or totally.. just straight.

Im a woman with a boyfriend.
  •  

AllazandraTelsar

I would have said total lesbian after discovering I was a transgender woman, but since then I've found myself occasionally drawn to being with a man. Still definitely prefer women, but I could see being interested in a man if there was a real connection.

Blessings,
Alla
  •  

pretty pauline

Totally straight, 8 years now married to a wonderful man that accepts me for the woman I am.
If your going thru hell, just keep going.
  •  

Bea1968

I do believe from the feedback that the poll was likely crafted inaccurately     Perhaps another adventurous soul might try to refine the topic and run another poll.  Perhaps list a bunch of genders including asexual and just say check all that apply. 
  •  

Mariah

I will fix the poll and leave the votes as they are but allow people to update their votes. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Bea1968 on May 05, 2019, 10:26:20 PM
I do believe from the feedback that the poll was likely crafted inaccurately     Perhaps another adventurous soul might try to refine the topic and run another poll.  Perhaps list a bunch of genders including asexual and just say check all that apply.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Mariah

Poll updated for you to allow for other options. If other people would like another option added let me know and I can amend it again. You can now change your vote too since I have set it up so you can. Hugs
Mariah.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Megan.

Ammended my vote :-)

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Winter02

Im as straight as a circle

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Tapatalk

•  

Bea1968

•  

Jamie_06

Actually genderfluid here, but I have been on estrogen for 1.5 years and present female practically all the time. Non-op though.

I marked bisexual. I've generally been open for anything, whether boys girls, or whatever. Of course, I'm exclusively Mariah's for now and forever. <3
  •