News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Re: The Stephanie Chronicles 2.0

Started by steph2.0, September 10, 2018, 08:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on September 20, 2018, 07:41:16 AM
MWAAaaahahahahahhahaahhhhh hack, cough, choke ... I think I was the only one awake :P

Hopefully right here on Susan's .. if we can get the donates up to snuff. I wish I could this month, I'm struggling to put fuel in my car to get to work to make money :(

Hi Faith,

I am confident now that we will all still be here. My challenge seems to be getting a good response. Some of us are struggling to make ends meet and we understand that.  According to Susan, (and everyone can see each month) our site is struggling too. That is why I made the challenge aimed at those that are able to put in a little more. All are welcome here as you know. Membership in the site is not dependent on a person's ability to pay. We have this site to help support everyone. Thank you for being here Faith and supporting others with your posts we do what we can.

On another note, it looks like (S((te)(ph)ani)e) was the only one I confused by splitting the thread. Don't worry I fixed it by moving her post to the right thread. All is well.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on September 20, 2018, 11:25:45 AM
  ....  On another note, it looks like (S((te)(ph)ani)e) was the only one I confused by splitting the thread. Don't worry I fixed it by moving her post to the right thread. All is well ...

too much high altitude thin air, methinks
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Great update Stephanie! I have both thread splits bookmarked so I don't loose last 2000 post history.

Thanks for answering that question for me and thanks for the YouTube video link. That's one I haven't seen yet. I will definitely go back and watch the whole video. I had my first visit with voice therapy yesterday. She was the intake therapist and just asked a bunch of questions about me and had me speak into her phone to evaluate my current voice range. I think I may start a new thread in the transitioning forum to document my progress.

As for wondering where we will all be at the next thread split, well, I think you had the perfect answer for that in another threat, "We transitioned!" ;D.

I'm not sure what all the other hormone numbers mean either. Your Estradiol seems high according to my Endo. She want me to be just under 200. But maybe that's because of my age? She also agrees that the risk verses benefit of  progesterone isn't worth it and she won't prescribe it.

I feel your HNT pain. I have another 2 hour appointment with my torture Queen this afternoon ::).

Oh my! I think I've had too coffee this morning. My thoughts fingers are running amok. Congratulations on your thread split!

Edit: I almost forgot! Was it really Pirates talking day yesterday? Argh you scurvy dogs! Avast ye landlubbers! What say you mateys? And it's CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. Ok, sorry, I got carried away!

Hugs Stephanie!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

Faith's post about "Fridge Chocolate" over on @Michelle_P 's thread reminded me of an awesome gift I was given by @SassyCassie  at my birthday party.

Background: Cassie defined for me the term "Eating a Toad." It refers to something that is distasteful, something you really don't want to do. All of us go through so many of those events as we transition. Whether it's coming out to someone new, enduring hair removal, or making a phone call with the chance of being misgendered, we have to eat so many toads.

The point is, if you have to eat a toad, it's best to have it for breakfast. Get it done first thing in the morning, and the rest of the day can only be better.

So what did Cassie give me for my birthday? A box of peppermint dark chocolate toads! And to make the morning toad more palatable, a bottle of Cholula hot sauce!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

I like your smile at receiving the toads more than the toads. But send me some, I may change my mind :D

•  

Donica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 20, 2018, 01:23:32 PM
Faith's post about "Fridge Chocolate" over on @Michelle_P 's thread reminded me of an awesome gift I was given by @SassyCassie  at my birthday party.

Background: Cassie defined for me the term "Eating a Toad." It refers to something that is distasteful, something you really don't want to do. All of us go through so many of those events as we transition. Whether it's coming out to someone new, enduring hair removal, or making a phone call with the chance of being misgendered, we have to eat so many toads.

The point is, if you have to eat a toad, it's best to have it for breakfast. Get it done first thing in the morning, and the rest of the day can only be better.

So what did Cassie give me for my birthday? A box of peppermint dark chocolate toads! And to make the morning toad more palatable, a bottle of Cholula hot sauce!

Stephanie

Oh that is funny. I would have never guessed and probably would have been offended if I was told to eat a Toad. I love the fun we have at Susan's.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 20, 2018, 01:23:32 PM

Stephanie, my first thought on seeing this image was "Stephanie is such a girl!"  I can almost hear the giggles, and you are just glowing!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 20, 2018, 01:47:08 PM
Stephanie, my first thought on seeing this image was "Stephanie is such a girl!"  I can almost hear the giggles, and you are just glowing!

Oh my gosh, thank you, Michelle! I still see so much of "him" in those pictures, comments like yours mean so much.

It was such a wonderful event, and I laughed so much!

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 20, 2018, 01:30:19 PM
I like your smile at receiving the toads more than the toads. But send me some, I may change my mind :D

Okay, here are some more:

Oh, you mean send you some toads! Sorry girlfriend, but they're going on the fridge for emergency use. The only other time they can be eaten is when there isn't an emergency.

Oh, and here's one more smile for good measure:

Bet you can't unsee that!

Stephanie

•  

Donica

Very pretty pictures Stephanie! You really a girl for sure.

Giggles Steph!
  •  

KathyLauren

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on September 20, 2018, 02:27:12 PM
Very pretty pictures Stephanie! You really a girl for sure.

Giggles Steph!

Thank you so much, Donica and Faith and Kathy! I have been staring at those pictures, turning them upside down, squinting, trying so hard to see what you do. I wish I could see through your eyes. I just see me, an offshoot of "him."

These comments come at a coincidental time. Literally 1/2 hour ago I sent my request to FacialTeam for a final quote and an agreement to sign for FFS. You all have me questioning whether I'm making a mistake or not.

The procedures I'm agreeing to are FUT hair grafts, upper blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, lip lift, and minimal lip augmentation, to be followed either there or in the US in six months with a face and neck lift, and a little bit of fat removal along the jowls and a bit of fat in the cheeks.

It's relatively minor stuff compared to what @Kendra and @Michelle_P have gone through, and now you have me doubting even that. I'm not likely to change my mind - I'm doing this to make myself feel better - but you have me wondering...

Stephanie

•  

Donica

•  

Anne Blake

Hi Stephanie,

I love the smiles and covet the chocolate toads. And I will also have to agree with most of the posters that your need for FFS is not a strong one. Yes, I understand that we are all our own worst critics but you are just over one year on HRT. I have seen the facial softening from the magic pills more and more after a year and a half plus and am getting to like my reflection from shiny glass surfaces (even snuck in views from shop windows). You may want to consider where spending your shekels will give you the most joy.

Love you sister,
Tia Anne
  •  

Faith

I am not going to quote all those pictures (not that they are unworthy ... except that last one ... scary!!) but I will accept them in lieu of the chocolate. 

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on September 20, 2018, 03:07:26 PM
Hi Stephanie,

I love the smiles and covet the chocolate toads. And I will also have to agree with most of the posters that your need for FFS is not a strong one. Yes, I understand that we are all our own worst critics but you are just over one year on HRT. I have seen the facial softening from the magic pills more and more after a year and a half plus and am getting to like my reflection from shiny glass surfaces (even snuck in views from shop windows). You may want to consider where spending your shekels will give you the most joy.

Love you sister,
Tia Anne

Thank you, Tia. You and everyone here have given me a lot to think about. But as you know, when working with FacialTeam you are required to send very "graphic" photos of your face: neutral expression, hair pulled back, minimal makeup - basically undoing everything I do to make myself presentable and passable. I will never publish those pictures here, but if I did, you would understand why I'm pursuing some kind of FFS.

As I've mentioned before, my goal is not to be beautiful. The "cute 20-something," or even "good looking 30 or 40-something" boat sailed long ago. My goal is to be able to throw on jeans and a t-shirt, tie my hair back, and run to the store without being called sir, just as any ciswoman would. If that also happens to enhance the fully-made-up look, even better.

I'm of course happy that the surgeons I've talked to haven't taken advantage of my insecurities. At both the clinic here in Florida, and FacialTeam, they were quite frank that I could be just fine with just hair grafts and a face and neck lift. They agreed that the other procedures could be useful, too, if I wanted them. I'm certainly not a spendthrift, and I've curtailed a lot of my shopping as I try to prepare for large future expenses. But I think I've decided what it is I need to counteract those horrible pictures I sent to FacialTeam.

Am I just talking so I can convince myself I'm right? Again, I so wish I could see myself through your eyes. It's why I want so much to see a picture of the lady my friend says I look like.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on September 20, 2018, 03:07:26 PM
I have seen the facial softening from the magic pills more and more after a year and a half plus and am getting to like my reflection from shiny glass surfaces (even snuck in views from shop windows). You may want to consider where spending your shekels will give you the most joy.

Tia, are you still planning to go to Spain early next year? With your newfound happiness with HRT changes have you decided it's not necessary?

Wouldn't it be cool if we both ended up there together?

Stephanie

•  

Anne Blake

Our current plans are to be in Marbella in early April.
  •  

anne_indy

Stephanie - I agree with the others comments that have been made. Minimal modifications are needed.

Tia - let me know your schedule for April. You know that Marbella is not so far for me. And if you would tolerate some company, it's much closer than the journey to the US.

Anne (Brook)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •