Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

GRS/SRS surgery with Dr. Sutin at PAI in Thailand 2019

Started by Estoni93, May 11, 2019, 02:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estoni93

Hi all,

I have never posted on here before, but wanted to thank everyone on here for their conversations and questions, as I have been reading posts on Susans ever since I first started thinking of transitioning, all through my last 4.5 years on HRT and living completely as myself. It's been very helpful in so many ways. I am finally having my bottom surgery (MtF surgery) using the PI technique by Dr. Sutin at PAI on June 27th, and figured I would share my experience, to pay back to the community that helped me so much, considering how helpful it was to read the various experiences people have had with their surgeries. If anyone has any suggestions for pre-surgery prep, things to take, and how to maximize the ease of the immediate recovery period, and healing advice, it would be much appreciated. I will be flying from the West Coast of the United States (where I live) to Bangkok on June 23rd and will be there until July 23rd. I'm lucky enough to have my brother flying with me, and our parents arriving the day before the surgery, and staying with me the rest of my month in Bangkok. How realistic will it be for me to do any sight seeing, or actually enjoy aspects of Bangkok during weeks 2-4 post op? Also, to put me into context, I'm 25 and very healthy.

Thank you all!
  •  

V M

Hi Estoni93  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

How about stopping by our Introductions Forum and introducing yourself so more folks can get to know you a bit better  ;)

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that we offer to all new members to help them along

Things that you should read

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Estoni93 on May 11, 2019, 02:56:10 PM
Hi all,

I have never posted on here before, but wanted to thank everyone on here for their conversations and questions, as I have been reading posts on Susans ever since I first started thinking of transitioning, all through my last 4.5 years on HRT and living completely as myself. It's been very helpful in so many ways. I am finally having my bottom surgery (MtF surgery) using the PI technique by Dr. Sutin at PAI on June 27th, and figured I would share my experience, to pay back to the community that helped me so much, considering how helpful it was to read the various experiences people have had with their surgeries. If anyone has any suggestions for pre-surgery prep, things to take, and how to maximize the ease of the immediate recovery period, and healing advice, it would be much appreciated. I will be flying from the West Coast of the United States (where I live) to Bangkok on June 23rd and will be there until July 23rd. I'm lucky enough to have my brother flying with me, and our parents arriving the day before the surgery, and staying with me the rest of my month in Bangkok. How realistic will it be for me to do any sight seeing, or actually enjoy aspects of Bangkok during weeks 2-4 post op? Also, to put me into context, I'm 25 and very healthy.

Thank you all!

@Estoni93 
Dear Estoni
     Greetings, it is wonderful that you have been reading the posts and conversations here on the Forums for 4 1/2 years and that you have finally decided to become a member here and that you have started posting in the Forums.

As you continue to post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

For sure this is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I see that our lovely member  @V M  has already welcomed you but please allow me to also warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

Attached near at the end of  V M's  message are important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Estoni93 
Oh, and another thing Estoni...
Per the suggestion by our lovely  @V M  in her Welcome Message to you, if you can, please plan to write a brief introduction in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will you have your thread back so that the exchange of conversation can continue.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Denise

Estoni,

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.

Everyone is different in their experience.  I was up and moving about on day one and ready to take on the world by day 14. Others I know were not.

Being really healthy is a plus but you will be physically and possibly mentally drained and you will tire easily.  I wanted to walk home (2 miles/3 km) on day 7.  I'm glad I didn't as I would not have made it.  But by week 3 I was able to do pretty much anything except lift more than 10 pounds, ride a bike and engage in sexual activity.

I know others who were not so ready.

I'm not sure if this helped or not, but I got off pain meds very quickly (30 hours post op).  I don't know if that helped but it made me feel better.  I also stopped my E injections 4 weeks prior to surgery so I would not be on withdrawal post op.  A positive attitude is important and PMS won't help.

Good luck and welcome to the other side of Susan's

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Mendi

PAI and Dr.Sutin girl here too from last July. And I actually will be there again at the same time as you. I´m having BA now.

I wouldn´t recommend moving too much. They specifically tell you many many times, to be careful so that nothing gets ruptured. I stayed at hotel for 3 weeks, only once or twice a day I went to the nearby mall to get something to eat and then to pharmacy or to grocery store. That was it. Oh well, one time taxi trip to see Ardhanarishvara deity nearby. But that was it.

You are in good hands! If you see me with my blazing red hair in the clinic, say hi!
  •  

Denise

I should also add that I had GCS in Chicago with Schechter and every surgeon has different post op care.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •