Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

First time wearing a bra

Started by Cayla, May 25, 2019, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cayla

Thanks for sharing your experience cynthia, first bra is definitely a keep sake when I've gone up in sizes.

Cayla x
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Cayla on May 26, 2019, 09:25:07 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience cynthia, first bra is definitely a keep sake when I've gone up in sizes.

Cayla x
I am amazed to read what the first bra means for many here.  I would not ever get the idea to even think about keeping my first one.

There is a pretty detailed bra size calculator on Reditt, and it takes the AMAB problems into consideration (https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php).  Doing this, I found out that I should have a 42C/D in standard US sizing.  This may be one of the reasons that my current 40 B feels pretty uncomfortable.  I never thought that my boobs are that big!  On the other hand, I am working on developing them for 5 to 6 years now!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

snbab

Quote from: Linde on May 26, 2019, 10:23:24 AM
I am amazed to read what the first bra means for many here.  I would not ever get the idea to even think about keeping my first one.

There is a pretty detailed bra size calculator on Reditt, and it takes the AMAB problems into consideration (https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php).  Doing this, I found out that I should have a 42C/D in standard US sizing.  This may be one of the reasons that my current 40 B feels pretty uncomfortable.  I never thought that my boobs are that big!  On the other hand, I am working on developing them for 5 to 6 years now!
Thank you for posting this link, so nice to see realistic body shape used for diagrams.
  •  

Cayla

It's true though that a small step can make huge difference, I'd imagine over the course of transitioning many small steps result in the overall big step in becoming the woman you are.

Cayla x
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Although I still more often wear a shaping camisole more often than bras, I do like it that a bra can make it appear that my breasts are closer together.  They seem to be quite a bit of flat skin between them. 

If the shaping camisole is of open bust style, it can put them closer together, with or without a bra.  The bra is helpful for this for sure, as there is not much space between the bra cups in front, so that I think may be why the breasts are pulled closer together.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cayla

That's interesting to hear chrissyRyan I'd imagine you'd have to have fully formed breasts to wear camisole bra but I'd like to try one sometime.

Cayla x
  •  

RobynD

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 26, 2019, 09:02:30 AM
This post made me recall buying my first bra at a department store, I was like 20 then, it was this lacy soft cup (maidenform) 36c, I walked into this Mervins and just bought it. Afterwards I felt really good for getting up the courage to shop for myself back then (in the days of no online shopping), because prior to that it was all "borrowed" from Mom and sisters. I still have it today, it's like a small personal treasure and memento, yes I'm sentimental about my first bra  :)

Cynthia -

Very similar to my age and experience in buying a bra. My first was actually from a yard sales (new with tags) that my mom had purchased a big box of clothes intending to donate, and I snagged the bra that actually fit. She never said anything I'm pretty sure she knew that I took it. Sadly, I threw it out at some point.

The first one purchased was around age 20 like you. Now like many women, the bra comes off as soon as it can and I look for excuses/outfits not to wear one :) Still I probably wear one about 5 days a week. Congrats to the OP!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Cayla on May 26, 2019, 12:23:09 PM
That's interesting to hear chrissyRyan I'd imagine you'd have to have fully formed breasts to wear camisole bra but I'd like to try one sometime.

Cayla x

Well there is no bra built in for any of my camisoles, shaping or not.
The open bust models allows you to wear a bra with the front of the bra not covered up.

The top front edges of the open bust camisoles (under the shoulders) do lift my breasts up and inward so it makes me look like I have more, and the breasts do end up being closer together.

The back of the camisole can come all the way up or not, depending on the style.
The shaping camisoles gently taper my waist down, so it makes my breasts looks bigger in relation to the underbust area with the camisole's compression.  It hugs my body and feels so soft.

The body shapers would not typically shape as dramatically as compared to what a corset can do for you for making significant mid-body curves.  But they are far less binding than corsets and I can wear camisoles all day easily.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •