Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

Courtney's life begins here, redux

Started by Courtney G, January 03, 2024, 09:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Petunia

Courtney, I thought you looked pretty good before, so this will only help.

I guess you are over the absolute worst of the pain so hopefully the recovery will come quickly.

My fingers are crossed for you that you get results that you are happy with. 💗
And then one day you stop to find,
10 years have got behind you,
no one told you when to run,
you missed the starting gun

Courtney G

TRIGGER WARNING: Not an uplifting post. This one revisits the topic of fears and doubts.

Struggling with feelings and desires as a trans woman

I think about this a lot and sometimes I write a little about it, but there's always more on my mind that I can express. I saw a short on social media today during which a beautiful trans woman was asked if she struggles with trying to understand why she wanted to change her body and face. Her answer was something along the lines of "I struggle with that all the time. I often feel confused or bad about transitioning because I'm not sure why I wanted it.")

That last part is pretty depressing. When it comes to progressive, educated people I know, I'm ok. I trust them. I can tell them. Most of them are so supportive. But I've not yet come out to ANY of the countless people I know who are in the dark about reality. I can't do it. I know some will support me fully and some others will try to understand, but I know how they talk about us. I've heard it many times.

Something like that.

A lot of what I go through is trying to separate the decades of testosterone-driven desire to access women's bodies with the desire to have a body like theirs. I didn't realize it back then, but those two feelings existed within me at the same time. I thought I felt exactly the same as other boys but I'm sure I didn't. I'll bet that if I'd been able to have really honest conversation with other boys, it might have gone something like this:

Me: Women are just the best. I love everything about them.
Boy: Yes, they are. I like [this] about them and would like to do [that] to them
Me: I just admire them so much. I want to be with them all the time and I love to look at them
Boy: Yeah, I really like doing [this] to them and taking them to places so other boys can see how pretty/hot my girl is
Me: I like the way they talk. I could sit with a group of them and just soak up what they say
Boy: Yes, as long as they don't get annoying. I love to smell their perfume and look at [all of their features]
Me: I'm so jealous of them sometimes
Boy: What do you mean? They do get whatever they want. I guess they're pretty lucky to have all of that control
Me: No, it's not that. I'd love to know what it's like to be soft and gentle like that. To be able to express your feelings without being laughed at. To have such beautiful bodies
Boy: Um, yeah. Not sure about the other stuff, but they have rockin' bodies. I like to touch them
Me: Yeah, if I could switch and have a body like that and wear clothes like they do, I'd be so happy
Boy: What?!


I try to imagine the outcome of this surgery exceeding my expectations (I don't think it will), to imagine going out in public and being fully seen as female, with no questions regarding where I started out in life and (most importantly) what my intentions are. It's simply thrilling. But I often ask myself why it's such a thrill to see a female face or body in the mirror.

In the U.S.A. right now, we know that people are zeroing in on trans people, perhaps more than ever before. It's a useful way to distract people from a particular really bad thing that the wealthy and powerful have been involved in for a long time. And the rest of the world has followed our lead. They're rounding up people in Turkey for the "crime" of being trans.

So while I'm in the absolute thick of my effort to fully realize my identity as a woman, the world around me is trying harder than ever to declare it invalid, to declare me a deviant criminal. This doesn't do much to help me along in this ongoing journey of self-discovery.

I have to prepare myself. I'm spending this time bracing myself for the truth: a lot of people are going to laugh at me. Some will be mean to me. Some will be dangerous. Even old friends who I've broken bread with will misunderstand me (at the least) or laugh at me...or hate me. I have to find a way forward with living a more authentic version of the life I've been living while battling the fears presented by other people and, perhaps more importantly, my internal fear that this is not real, that this is all some sort of weird fantasy I'm pursuing.

I've never been good about keeping something to myself. When I have something to say, I find I just can't hold it in. I often end up telling people too much or sharing something too soon. This is different. I've been on the phone dozens of times recently with people with whom I've shared a lot of experiences and while they're telling me that they love me and they value our friendship, I'm thinking ("They voted for [political candidate] and they watch [particular type of editorial "news" program] and their heads are filled with untruths about trans people. I can't tell them. I've never tell them. At some point, I'll just disappear and they won't hear from me again.")

The only people I've come out to have been progressive, educated friends. A couple are a little confused but they've mostly been amazing. I grew up around working class people who are much less educated and I know what they think, what they say and what they're being told, and while some will support me, almost all will shake their heads behind my back. Some will say some pretty awful things. It's those people who make this so hard for me. I've mostly broken off contact with people who live in that alternative world of racism, intolerance, fear-driven grievance and myopic thinking, but there are some I've been very close to for decades and I just don't know what to do about them.

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

Facial feminization surgery, round 1: March, 2026
Facial feminization surgery, round 2: September, 2026

Charlotte Kitty ✅

I remember you had your first surgery and I really think that made an amazing difference. You look so feminine and cute already! I'm totally confident this one is going to as well. Exceed your expectations? Guess that depends what they are, but if the direction of travel is a marked improvement, then I say that's amazing in itself to be able to achieve that 😊

I really get what you mean to want to see your version of a true woman in a mirror. If you're anything like me you probably can't exactly define what that is, but you know you want it and will know it when you see it! So wisdom says and is shared that we are women whatever we look like. But rightly or wrongly we still crave being able to pass, to universally be seen as a woman. An attractive woman. I feel the same and don't blame anyone for that. But at the same time learning to accept oneself is a really tough, but valuable thing. It's a rollercoaster, it's tough, and i can't pretend  its not. But you really are amazing, doing great and totally winning at this.

Hugs ❤️
Pansexual, fully feminine presenting.  Engaged in open relationship.17 months HRT.
🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Courtney G on September 26, 2026, 12:03:12 PMbut there are some I've been very close to for decades and I just don't know what to do about them.

I struggled with that for a long time.

The solution is simple: Just be yourself.

You do not owe them an explanation. If they have a problem with it, that is their problem to deal with, not yours. Some may stay in touch because they love YOU, no matter how you look or what you do. Others will fade away. That is their choice, not yours. Your life goes on regardless of what they think or do. Once you realize that you can only live your life for you, these things sort themselves out.

I see it as walking along a path. Anyone who wants to walk with me is welcome. Some will for a while. Some may go a different way, or even in the opposite direction. That is not my concern. I walk my path, and they walk theirs. If you are on the same path, then we can walk together. But I will not change my path to walk on theirs. I am done doing that because it did not take me where I needed to go.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

davina61

I had bottom surgery and present as female as that aligns with my brain, simple as that. As Lori says if you dont like it its your problem not mine.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Gina P

I love your boys dialog, Courtney ending in WHAT?!
  We carry so much needless worry. For me as a child, I was bullied by classmates and abused by my parents. This makes social events especially important for me. I worry a great deal about what others think and then I remind myself, why do I care what they think! It's my life to live not thier's. Who are they to say, what, or how I should live. Courtney, you are a beautiful person, whether you are a man or a woman. Pretty or not. Who and what you are does not change. Letting the weak minded fools under your skin for any reason is crazy, and you are way stronger than that. Doubt has no place in your life! You will carry on and prosper, with or without their approval.
🔗 [Link: wackypackagesforum.com]

tgirlamg

Quote from: Lori Dee on September 26, 2026, 04:07:50 PMI struggled with that for a long time.

The solution is simple: Just be yourself.

You do not owe them an explanation. If they have a problem with it, that is their problem to deal with, not yours. Some may stay in touch because they love YOU, no matter how you look or what you do. Others will fade away. That is their choice, not yours. Your life goes on regardless of what they think or do. Once you realize that you can only live your life for you, these things sort themselves out.

I see it as walking along a path. Anyone who wants to walk with me is welcome. Some will for a while. Some may go a different way, or even in the opposite direction. That is not my concern. I walk my path, and they walk theirs. If you are on the same path, then we can walk together. But I will not change my path to walk on theirs. I am done doing that because it did not take me where I needed to go.


Quote from: Gina P on September 27, 2026, 07:48:44 AMYou will carry on and prosper, with or without their approval.

Courtney!

Any words of wisdom I could offer would certainly be in line with what Lori and Gina have written here... The freedom you seek...  the freedom of just being yourself, is there waiting for you, just on the other side of those fears you have been carrying for so very long... You have taken so many courageous steps already sister and behold!... the world is still spinning!... Freedom patiently awaits your choice to claim it...

Onward Brave Sister,

A💕
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻

Courtney G

#647
Something has shifted inside of me. More on that in a minute...

My wife and I went into the city yesterday. She went to her office and I went to the hospital. We got off the train at different stops. It was finally time to get the confounded silicone tubes removed from my nose. I've had them jammed up there since FFS round 2. Fifteen days of mouth breathing was really taking its toll. I don't think I could have gone one more day (or night) with those things in there. It was starting to feel like torture.

A few snips of some thread and a couple of tugs and the tubes were out. It was heavenly.

I should point out that my previous (botched) septoplasty left me with a restriction on the right side. Sometimes I'd wheeze when breathing. There was always a sensation of needing to blow something out of my nose that wouldn't come out. After 2 years of this, the air rushes easily in and out of my nose. My nose is still quite swollen, both inside and out but it's clearly open now in way it hasn't been for a while. Prior to this procedure, it was also drooping, long and slightly crooked.

But it's gorgeous now. Small, straight and symmetrical. I can't wait to see how it looks a few months from now when the swelling has gone down.

They removed the stitches above and behind my ears. This was part of the neck lift procedure. My ears are still pretty numb. It's a strange feeling - a bit like I have earbuds in all the time

It has been a bit of an ordeal; a major journey for me. I can't believe I've done all of this.

But here I am, out the other side. And I'm different. The nose redo, the fat injections and the neck tightening have significantly changed the way I look. This is becoming more apparent with each passing day. And it's changed my self-perception. I have a mirror in the shower. It's a round suction cup thing that I use for shaving. Until now, I'd kept it pointed down a bit. That way, I didn't have to see my face unless I was shaving. I could admire my breasts instead, as they gave me joy rather than dysphoria.

Lately, I've been leaving the mirror up so I can admire my face.

I cannot tell you how many times I've pulled my shirt up and admired my breasts after walking into the bathroom. I just can't get enough of the sight of them, and the fact that they actually belong to me. They're a constant source of hope and inspiration, a constant reminder that I finally stepped off the curb and did The Thing, after decades of dreaming about it.

Now, incredibly, I'm feeling hopeful about my face. It's going to be about 3-4 months before I've settled into something reasonably close to my final form. It takes about a year for the swelling to recede completely. But my face looks so much more feminine now. Don't get me wrong; I'm not suddenly able to pass. But to a less-critical set of eyes, I look like a woman. This face aligns better with my body.

I went to an area Pride day last weekend. I wore jeans, a cute top and a bit of makeup. It was really really nice to walk around in such an affirming and accepting space. I highly recommend it. And I just loved seeing all of the colorful, beautiful and interesting people living their best lives. I have so much more appreciation for this than I ever did. I felt comfortable and authentic. And I felt attractive. Special.

But the cool part was stopping at the Big Department Store on the way home. I needed a couple of things, one of which was a larger purse. Gina was kind enough to give me one a few years ago, but it was quite small - sort of the kind that you might bring to a nightclub for just the basics. I needed a proper one.

There I was with my new face and my girl clothes, wandering around the women's accessories department (or whatever they call it), looking at purses. One woman smiled at me. Another said "hi." A third made some sort of random comment. All of it was positive and accepting. Did they know what I was, or did they simply see me as a woman? I don't know, but it was different than before. As I stepped up to the register and reached into the tiny front pocket of my women's jeans, a dollar bill popped out and landed on the floor in front of me. Immediately, a guy who was walking by excitedly exclaimed "Miss! You dropped some money there!" He was so proud of himself.

Two days ago, I wore a dress and a cardigan all day while working at home. I've put that dress on a couple of times but I took it off after a few minutes because it didn't feel quite right. It feels much different now.

Perhaps most important was the fact that I feel different than before. Several layers of fear and apprehension have been stripped away. I felt I belonged there and I existed in that space with comfort and confidence. I didn't feel like an interloper. In the city yesterday, I walked around happily, feeling just fine about myself. We're going to see a show tonight and I'll be wearing women's clothes and some light makeup.

I should point out that the surgery didn't cause this shift to happen. My appearance didn't cause it. It was my sense of self. I could have chosen to feel this way all along but I didn't. In my case, I needed to look different enough to be able to change my self-perception and start anew. But if you're reading this, know that you don't need to change a thing except how you choose to see yourself.

I'm not quite sure where I'll go from here but everything has changed. Opportunity awaits.




🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

Facial feminization surgery, round 1: March, 2026
Facial feminization surgery, round 2: September, 2026

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Courtney G on Today at 08:57:15 AMknow that you don't need to change a thing except how you choose to see yourself.

THIS.

Such a wonderful post, Courtney!

You have come such a long way from your earlier posts. Like Sarah B's journey, you saw what you felt you needed to do, made a plan, and did it. And here you are, pleased with how things are turning out.

Now, you can get on with your life and live happily ever after.

I am so happy for you.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

Courtney G

Quote from: Lori Dee on Today at 10:24:58 AMTHIS.

Such a wonderful post, Courtney!

You have come such a long way from your earlier posts. Like Sarah B's journey, you saw what you felt you needed to do, made a plan, and did it. And here you are, pleased with how things are turning out.

Now, you can get on with your life and live happily ever after.

I am so happy for you.


Thanks, Lori. I'll text you a photo now...

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

Facial feminization surgery, round 1: March, 2026
Facial feminization surgery, round 2: September, 2026
  • skype:Courtney G?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee, Petunia

Stottie Girl

Love this Courtney!

I have a sneaky suspicion where you will go from here........!

There is nothing nicer for those in the closet than working from home as the real you. I have spent the last two days working from home just as Sarah. I do an admin role so I am in full office girl clothes and I absolutely love it!

As the transition becomes ever more convincing I get this feeling that there is no stopping it, that I absolutely do not WANT to stop it and it fills me with joy and excitement. I hope you get that same feeling, if not now then soon, it is intoxicating!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Courtney G

Quote from: Stottie Girl on Today at 11:03:19 AMAs the transition becomes ever more convincing I get this feeling that there is no stopping it, that I absolutely do not WANT to stop it and it fills me with joy and excitement. I hope you get that same feeling, if not now then soon, it is intoxicating!

Thanks!

The biggest part of this change is that I *want* to be seen. I'm not saying that I feel totally confident and comfortable, but I do feel very happy to leave the house as Courtney now. I want to go out and public and show myself to the world.

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

Facial feminization surgery, round 1: March, 2026
Facial feminization surgery, round 2: September, 2026
  • skype:Courtney G?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee, Petunia

Finally Anna

Quote from: Courtney G on Today at 11:11:36 AMI want to go out and public and show myself to the world.
Lovely! 💕
I need to find a new occupation 'cause I'm in a bad situation.
With a damaged brain and a hurt pride, there's a burning deep down inside.
...
I hear it, I know it, I touch it, I feel it, I see it.
Some day we will have won.
Thy will be done, thy kingdom come, we shall overcome.
Mama, this is your son. I can feel it in my bones, this is the one.


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.

Petunia

I'm so happy for you Courtney.

I love your natural confidence now.

Congratulations
And then one day you stop to find,
10 years have got behind you,
no one told you when to run,
you missed the starting gun
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Courtney G