Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

New here

Started by alycat, March 07, 2024, 08:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alycat

Hello all. I was digging to find more info on foods I can consume and ones I shouldn't due to being on hrt. Taking estrogen shots and spirolactone. Spiro can cause problems with foods high in potassium if not careful. Haha so I do research and came across this group. 
Ayways I'm new here. I love the website vibe. Literally takes me back to 2012 to 2014 Era when I'd make sites for my minecraft community. Nostalgic. Glad to be here
I'm 25
One can find more about me by searching alycat mtf on YouTube
I'm the first one to pop up.
Thanks having me.
I'll see yall around. 🤪

LoriDee

Hello Alycat,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

There is a lot of information here, but I honestly have not seen anything like you were looking for concerning food. I have been on HRT for over four years and never had any warnings except the high potassium ones as you mentioned. Also, be aware that many drinks like Gatorade and such that promote electrolyte balance use potassium chloride salt instead of sodium chloride. Even PediaSure does this. Just check the labels and you should be ok. Be sure to ask your prescriber if they have any concerns.

About the site here:

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

We would like to get to know you. Once you feel comfortable here, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself and tell us something about you.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at  LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
~ Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B, Devlyn

Sarah B

Hello Alycat

My name is Sarah B and I would like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

It's good to hear that you are doing active research into your HRT.  I'm afraid I only know very little about the subject, however there are members on Susan's Place that have a depth of knowledge beyond what I know.

It's good to know that your experience of Susan's is already a good one.  I came to Susan's after being in the woodwork for over 20 years and I learnt so many things that I did not know at the time.  I left after 2 years and have only just come back after another 12 years in suburbia.  I hope you also learn from being on Susan's.

I love Minecraft, I'm a Redstoner and Builder,  however it's been many years since I last played it.

It's good to also know that you have a presence on YouTube, members of our community, might like to visit you and get to know you .

I expect others on this site have had similar issues as you have mentioned in your YouTube channel, and hopefully one of them will be along very soon and maybe talk about those issues.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey. Just about everyone here has been confused about their gender at some point in their lives. Some discover they are transgender and others realize they are non-binary, while others may feel they fit best somewhere else along the gender spectrum. No matter where that may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

Hope to see you around Susan's

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn

imallie

Hi Alycat - no matter how you found us, we're just glad you did!

Hope you come back more often and find being part of the community beneficial. It's really a wonderful group of people sharing their experiences. Would love to have your voice added to the mix!

Love,
Allie

Devlyn

Hi Alycat! Welcome aboard, I think I saw you over on the Discord as well?

Definitely good that you're doing your research on what foods interact with your meds. Grapefruit juice is something to be aware of, too.

The consensus is that except in fringe cases, you'll be all right as long as you consume in moderation*

See you around the site!

Hugs, Devlyn

* I'm not a doctor or a lawyer, I just play a doctor and a lawyer on internet forums.  :laugh:
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

ChrissyRyan

Alycat,

Welcome!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Colorado Girl

Welcome and a big hug from Colorado! This is a wonderful group and I know you'll enjoy hanging out with us!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee