Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Trans people are magic. They should inspire us all to live more authentically.

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 08, 2024, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Trans people are magic. They should inspire us all to live more authentically.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trans-people-are-magic-they-should-inspire-us-all-to-live-more-authentically/ar-AA1jYSQM?ocid=windirect&cvid=c335526397b0464da642fe40e6cf4807&ei=24

Story by LGBTQNation (Dec 2023)

There is a certain magic among trans people simply existing. Just our presence, our reluctance to conform to the constructs around gender that have been instilled in all of us since birth is powerful.

Trans people offer everyone a certain freedom, a permission to exist authentically and embrace all of the innate elements that make us human. They show us it is possible to disregard the arbitrary notion that certain traits, emotions, and expressions are "masculine" or "feminine."

Humans are immensely complex. I still can't fathom how so many people still believe that just because someone has specific anatomy or chromosomes (a sentiment that still often conveniently ignores biological sex as a spectrum), they must conform to a single, rigid expression and role. It eliminates so many aspects of what makes us human and minimizes the complexity of the human experience.

I see that my existence, and the existence of transgender and gender-nonconforming people as a whole, is often perceived as threatening to the status quo. It's daunting to those people who never questioned these arbitrary messages, whose identities are deeply confined to these restrictions.

The trans community has challenged tired notions, these prevailing messages around how we "should" act in society, in favor of our own pursuit of happiness.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee, Moonflower

LoriDee

I just read an announcement about a local organization that celebrated a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new office. The organization, Uniting Resilience, represents the Native American Two-Spirit LGBTQ community. Since 2021, they have been fighting against domestic violence and hate crimes.

What struck me is on the main webpage, it says:

Native American Cultures have held Two-Spirit members, feminine males and masculine females in high respect, as healers, mediators, shamans, visionaries, and leaders – focusing on their spiritual gifts. The Native societies see a person's basic character as a reflection of their spirit.

Maybe we are magic!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •