Started by Northern Star Girl, April 19, 2025, 08:30:30 PM
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Quote from: Emma1017 on May 26, 2026, 08:38:08 AMIt's so sad. I am traveling to London and wanted to go shopping as me. Last year, I nearly wet myself hurrying back to my hotel to go to the bathroom. I just read that British laws have gone the path of some US states, restricting bathroom usage to biological sex. I guess I should invest in some DEPENDS, incontinent underwear, to go shopping, or just give up and go in male drag instead.Travelling solo makes it all so much more dangerous as a transgender women. I should rent a wingwoman...
Quote from: Emma1017 on May 26, 2026, 04:43:59 PMYes, I leave from Southampton. Too bad, but we would probably need bail money, and I would miss the ship."To be fair, all the Trump bashing I've done online, I'll probably be instantly deported!" Sarah if that were true, half the US would be deported!
Quote from: Sephirah on May 29, 2026, 03:18:56 PMBritish people are so reserved that we probably wouldn't say anything at all. We would just arrive home in the evening and be like "Guess what happened today!"Most people don't care, and people who do care, are too British to say anything.Yeah, There's really only myself and Sarah representing Northern pride. She is far more Northern than I am though, and I love it.
Quote from: Emma1017 on May 30, 2026, 08:16:08 AMHere in northern North America, the natives have no reserve in expressing themselves, but I figure if I can hazard the cultural wilds of NYC as Emma, I think I will survive another stroll around London again.
Quote from: Emma1017 on May 31, 2026, 08:04:49 AMHaving grown up in NYC all my life, I have learned when to engage with someone and when to ignore them, but being out as a transgender female, it is challenging to deal with all the insecurities that adds.
Quote from: Charlotte Kitty on May 31, 2026, 12:42:34 PMI must say I find it pretty stressful sometimes if random people talk to me out and about, but more because of social anxiety. Sometimes it works out ok like when an elderly lady chatted to me at the bus stop. I was feeling good so had a nice conversation.Where I live isn't quite southern but not quite northern in the way people are. The black country was a mining area too but its got very built up and diverse.
Quote from: davina61 on June 01, 2026, 02:59:23 AMI talk to random folks in the supermarket whether that want me to or not!