Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How do you like your coffee?

Started by siouxsie, January 21, 2008, 10:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

how do you like your coffee?

Black
46 (21.3%)
With sugar only
12 (5.6%)
With cream only
19 (8.8%)
With both cream and sugar
69 (31.9%)
Coffee?...ewww!
36 (16.7%)
Gave up coffee
6 (2.8%)
Other (please specify)
24 (11.1%)
Black with artificial sweetener
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 121

dalebert

Some interesting (to me) trivia about coffee is that much of the flavor comes out early in the brewing but much of the caffeine comes out later in the brewing process. Therefore, espresso tends to taste stronger but not be as caffeinated since it's a rapid brew process. That also means that someone who gets impatient and pours themselves a cup while it's still brewing is often cheating everyone else out of some of the flavor but possibly cheating themselves out of some of the caffeine. You should really let a pot finish brewing for the coffee to be consistent for everyone.

Knowing that, I'm even happier about making my coffee Americana style because it will tend to mean more flavor and not as much caffeine which is my preference.

Darkie

My favorite thing about fall coming is Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.  Don't hate, it's yummy.
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

dalebert

Quote from: Darkie on September 13, 2013, 09:23:47 AM
My favorite thing about fall coming is Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.  Don't hate, it's yummy.

It's okay. I would only hate you if you said you love Dunkin' Donuts coffee.  ;D ;)

Darkie

Quote from: dalebert on September 13, 2013, 09:26:16 AM
It's okay. I would only hate you if you said you love Dunkin' Donuts coffee.  ;D ;)

I've never actually had it before.
  •  

dalebert

Quote from: Darkie on September 13, 2013, 09:48:21 AM
I've never actually had it before.

Excellent. Remain pure, young Padawon.

Darkie

•  

Yukari-sensei

Unless the coffee is from a place like Starbucks, where I can get creative with my coffee... or essentially when I want a cup of "coffee flavored coffee", I like it "black as midnight on a moonless night". :)
  •  

Darkie

Quote from: Yukari-sensei on September 13, 2013, 11:03:57 AM
Unless the coffee is from a place like Starbucks, where I can get creative with my coffee... or essentially when I want a cup of "coffee flavored coffee", I like it "black as midnight on a moonless night". :)

My dad always said he likes his coffee like he likes his women. Tall, strong and black.  Which is funny because my mom is one of the whitest people I know....
  •  

dalebert

I like my coffee how I like my women!

Really sweet and pale beige in color.

Haha. Not really. Not into women.

Darkie

When I was little I'd be sitting in church with my parents and be really thirsty.  I wasn't allowed to get up unless I was about to pee myself because halfway through the service kids were allowed to go to their own little class thing.  So, if I was unbearably thirsty, my dad would give me his straight strong black coffee to drink.  That stuff is wicked, I don't see how you all can drink it. It has to almost no longer taste like coffee for me to drink it.
  •  

Exus

I love coffeee, best drink invented!
  •  

Mariax

Black, for the most part. Unless you are talking canned coffee, in which case I buy the ones with the works. I can't stand black canned coffee.

I do occasionally make myself a Coffee Beanery type drink. Milk, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon.
  •  

Amelia Pond

With cream and sugar so my coffee is sweet, like me.  ;D

Amy
  •  

Renee

Not too strong with some sugar and it has to be very hot. Can't stand cold coffee or coffee with creamer or weird flavors.
  •  

TaoRaven

I prefer cream and sugar....but I will happily drink it black as well. I am just in love with the stuff.....my favorite is a dark roasted, oily Sumatran bean, on a snowy winter morning. Moments like that make life seem ever so sweet.
  •  

jojoglowe

i make an upside down double cappuccino. i whip my creme up in the mug i'll be drinking out of along with some honey, and after the expresso/coffee has brewed into the glass pouring thing, i dump that into my mug with the frothy creme.

Mmm, it's time for one now!
o---o---o---o---o---o---peaceloveunderstanding---o---o---o---o---o---o

•  

dalebert

Quote from: TaoRaven on September 14, 2013, 08:39:57 AM
I prefer cream and sugar....but I will happily drink it black as well. I am just in love with the stuff.....my favorite is a dark roasted, oily Sumatran bean, on a snowy winter morning. Moments like that make life seem ever so sweet.

I can totally relate to that! Sipping my hot coffee in the morning is my favorite time of the day.

bethany

I like my coffee iced with cream and sugar.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

I love coffee, drink it just about everyday with a dash of milk / cream....
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I enjoy a good hot coffee, not cold, lukewarm, or frozen coffee.
Sometimes a flavoring is nice.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •