Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

Anna, finally but not yet final.

Started by Finally Anna, June 22, 2026, 07:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

ChrissyRyan

Anna,


I hope things continue to go well with your transition and relationships with all.


Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 

Emma1017


I absolutely agree with Lori, Anna: "She just told you, 'I'm not going anywhere!'"



Finally Anna

And my wife suggested that I let my hair grow longer below temples, in front of ears and over- and covering the ears more, which in practice means that she suggests that I grow a hairstyle that is a bit more femme leaning. I will fulfill her wish! 🥰
Why not think about times to come? And not about the things that you've done.
If your life was bad to you just think what tomorrow will do
Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
Don't stop, it'll soon be here.
It'll be better than before.
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.

tammy753

I grew my hair out in the early 2000's. It took a while and now it is deciding it looks better on the floor. So take good care of it.
For my new blog go to
https://www.socketseekers.com 🔗

Finally Anna

#444
Quote from: tammy753 on October 05, 2026, 08:22:08 AMIt took a while
Tammy, I guess my hair will have a one-year growth period, or slightly more, from the short style in square one to a nice style. That gives me about a half-year from now wich equals an additional 6-8 cm and including three visits to the hairstylist.
It will not nearly be as long as in my avatar picture, but well down to shoulders in the nape.
Why not think about times to come? And not about the things that you've done.
If your life was bad to you just think what tomorrow will do
Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
Don't stop, it'll soon be here.
It'll be better than before.
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.

Petunia

Yay Anna

I took mine 12 months to get more female than male.

I keep getting "see they thought you were a woman. You need a haircut"
And then one day you stop to find,
10 years have got behind you,
no one told you when to run,
you missed the starting gun
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Finally Anna

Quote from: Petunia on Yesterday at 04:25:31 AMI keep getting "see they thought you were a woman. You need a haircut"
This is a difference, probably. I don't think my wife has any big issues with me being more (and more) androgynous. At least, that is how I read the situation. But she hasn't really been put to the test yet as I seem to be quite ok with androgynous, for the time being. I haven't yet been gendered female, but I doubt she'd have a problem if I would be. My guess is that she'd be curious, like "So, how did it feel to be gendered female?". I know what I'd answer...
💕
Why not think about times to come? And not about the things that you've done.
If your life was bad to you just think what tomorrow will do
Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
Don't stop, it'll soon be here.
It'll be better than before.
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.

Finally Anna

I found myself wanting to write a bit about my journey so far, so here goes. A bit lengthy and nothing is new so the TLDR is "A compilation of things already written".

Retrospect? Introspect? Hindsight? Current state of affairs? Wishes for the future? Or all of them?

The road has been so long and winding. Sometimes it was barely visible and sometimes it was totally obvious. Until a few years ago it was just a road that I walked, that had some weird turns and sinkholes, but that seemed to lead to nowhere particular. But then the terrain started to change. Steep hills, knee-deep mud that threatened to swallow anyone who dared cross, black-ice conditions while still summer, signs that warned about extensive road damages, and there was absolutely no way to get off. Unscalable cliffs, wild rivers or compact jungle was lining the road. The weather was getting bad, with Tornadoes sweeping randomly without advance warning.
After a couple of years of fighting through this there was suddenly a fork in the road and a sign that said "Left: Eternity (one-way), Right: The known but unknown". I had no real desire for eternity so I chose the right path, the known unknown.
There was soon a change of conditions and while there was still obstacles to handle the road became clearer and the Tornadoes were nowhere to be seen and suddenly my vision cleared, the weather became nice and the surroundings were beautiful. I walked with newfound energy and curiosity through places that I kind of knew even though I had never been there. The lightness and relief was dizzying. Suddenly, there were signs along the road, signs that spoke about possible roadblocks ahead, but I knew I had to continue come what may. That sign with "Left: Eternity (one-way)" was freaking me out and the beautiful scenery along the road couldn't be ignored. The warnings of roadblocks were not false, but it seems like these roadblocks probably can be navigated given a bit of time and with careful steps so as to not drop into any sinkholes. The first and largest roadblock at first seemed impossible to pass, but once there I saw that there was a very narrow passage, a tunnel that could lead forward and here I am, navigating that tunnel. I can see the sunlight at the other end and it looks promising, but I am treading carefully and slowly to avoid any remaining sinkholes.


I know for certain that I am no longer a man, and I doubt that I ever was one though I was a really good impersonator. There was never a blinding and crippling dysphoria, but always and still a kind of ever present shadowy whisper that might have a harsher companion lurking around the corner. It is a lightness and a relief, euphoria even, that I was able to finally crack my egg and come out seven months ago. There has been mental pains, some of which has led to weird cravings and unmentionable symptoms, over the 50 years of denial.

My looks are still "a man", though with an increasing degree of androgynous presentation, and I'd switch to a purely female body in an instant if it magically could be done without causing an earthquake. Thanks to the somewhat low dysphoria the current lookout says that I can live well also without a body-switch. Time will tell.
But my mind is free to move, free to reshape and reframe. I no longer think like the person I used to be and my wife says that I have changed quite a bit in how I act, how I communicate and how I get along with people socially. All of those are nice things for me. Most of them are nice also for her and for everyone else.
A free mind, as free as it can be after newly being released from 50+ years in prison. I cannot put into words how good that feeling is (but of course I know that readers here know exactly how it feels). There's a lot of adaptation needed because the world has changed a lot in those 50 years, and the mind must now play catch-up.
Slowly, softly and surely!

But where am I heading?
How do I know if I am denying myself, by thinking that I probably don't need HRT and surgeries, by trying to be a good spouse to an accepting wife and by intentionally going slowly to not cause pains that could have been avoided? How do I know if I am denying myself, by going ever so slowly forward in my integration and presentation, by not yet having transitioned socially?
These are questions that I sometimes think about, but the answer is quite obvious. I cannot know until I am at another fork in the road, where the sign says "Left: Increased hardships, Right: A chance at fulfilment". I will know what to do when I get there.

Lots of love to you all
💕
Why not think about times to come? And not about the things that you've done.
If your life was bad to you just think what tomorrow will do
Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
Don't stop, it'll soon be here.
It'll be better than before.
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.
  •  

tammy753

WOW That is beautifully written! I look forward to your updates.

Thanks for sharing!!!
For my new blog go to
https://www.socketseekers.com 🔗

KristaFairchild

Quote from: Finally Anna on Yesterday at 04:52:54 AMThis is a difference, probably. I don't think my wife has any big issues with me being more (and more) androgynous. At least, that is how I read the situation. But she hasn't really been put to the test yet as I seem to be quite ok with androgynous, for the time being. I haven't yet been gendered female, but I doubt she'd have a problem if I would be. My guess is that she'd be curious, like "So, how did it feel to be gendered female?". I know what I'd answer...
💕
I suspect she knows where this is headed. If she wanted to apply the brakes, she would not encourage steps toward a more nonbinary look.

She's trying. It sounds like she loves you, wants you to be happy, and in experiencing internal conflicts. 


KristaFairchild

@Finally Anna 

You'll know. And when you do, it will be like the rest of your story and you'll see that you always knew. The familiar thing you've never seen before. 

Another thing you know is that much of your story is my story. Your allegory is just better! 

Here is a clarifying question. Once your hair grows out, will you cut it short again at some point? Or does thought of it twist your gut? 

I'm happy for you!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Finally Anna

Cut my hair short again? That is very unlikely to happen. My mind screams at being shorthaired again.  🥰

It is one of the things I have thought about when I do a bit of introspection. What if I cut my hair short again? What if I stop underdressing? What if I quit using female perfumes and shower gels? What if I cut my nails short again? What if <other>? And I get a lot of "Don't even think about it" as answer.

Quote from: KristaFairchild on Today at 08:59:14 AMI suspect she knows where this is headed. If she wanted to apply the brakes, she would not encourage steps toward a more nonbinary look.
She's trying. It sounds like she loves you, wants you to be happy, and isn experiencing internal conflicts. 
Yes to all of that. She is quite fantastic (of course) but she is a strong woman with a fierce will when needed. I know she will not suffer in silence if things get really painful for her or if the attraction goes awol. And I dont push too hard and she is very good at not succumbing to fear of the unknown. A rather good combination, so far.
💕

Why not think about times to come? And not about the things that you've done.
If your life was bad to you just think what tomorrow will do
Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
Don't stop, it'll soon be here.
It'll be better than before.
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.