Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

Ummmm

Started by Reborn@57, Yesterday at 09:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Reborn@57

Hello everyone

I just started my hormones and something the doctor told me has me asking questions...

He was going over everything and he casually mentioned that if I was planning on bottom surgery that I need to ( stretch it 2-3 times a week ) so that way I would still have the length for the surgeon to work with ...

I know I just started but that stuck with me of all things he went over ????

Has any heard this before ??

Thanks what just asking .. have a great day everyone and as always be proud of who you are no matter what you are !!! 😘

Lori Dee ✅

My search results:

Penile stretching (often via penile traction therapy) is not a universally required or standard medical recommendation prior to vaginoplasty. While a small number of surgeons occasionally suggest it to maximize available skin graft tissue for a penile inversion vaginoplasty, it is not part of the standard preoperative guidelines set by major organizations like the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).

Whether the practice is necessary depends almost entirely on your anatomy and your surgeon's specific technique.

Why It Is Sometimes Discussed

In a standard penile inversion vaginoplasty, the depth and girth of the neovagina are partially determined by the amount of existing penile and scrotal skin available. Long-term hormone replacement therapy (HRT) can cause mild tissue shrinkage (atrophy). To counteract this and potentially gain more usable tissue for surgical inversion, some specialized surgeons recommend using a mechanical penile traction device for several months before the procedure.

Why It Is Frequently Not Recommended

• Alternative Graft Options: Most modern gender-affirming surgeons do not rely solely on penile skin if there is an inadequate amount. They routinely supplement the neovaginal canal using scrotal skin grafts, peritoneal tissue (abdominal lining), or other advanced techniques to achieve the desired depth.

• Lack of Broad Clinical Evidence: There is very little standardized clinical data proving that preoperative penile stretching significantly alters final surgical depth outcomes compared to standard graft options.

• Tissue Discomfort: Using traction devices daily can be physically uncomfortable and may induce gender dysphoria for some individuals.

You should follow the specific preoperative instructions provided by your chosen surgical team. If you are concerned about tissue availability due to HRT-induced atrophy, ask your surgeon during your consultation about how they plan to optimize depth and whether they use supplemental grafts.

My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

Devlyn ✅

I completely agree with Lori. Only your surgeon is going to know what procedure will require what tissues. Follow their advice.

It sounds like the suggestion is coming from your HRT prescriber? They may just be offering a bit of "use it or lose it" advice. That may or may not be something you are comfortable doing; many transitioners aren't. Keep the lines of communication open.

Devlyn ✅

All right, everybody buckle up your seatbelts, we're moving this topic to the Gender Correction Surgery board!


WHEEEEEEEEE! :D

tammy753

I know I have had, lets call it atrophy. Things are significantly reduced in size. So I don't know if that recommendation is true but I do know things for me are, reduced. I have been on HRT a long time but just started Regulated HRT a couple months ago.

Reborn@57

I'm just starting so how much did you lose if you don't mind me asking Tammy753... since you just a few months ahead of me ... trying to get a real idea of the shrink..

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Reborn@57 on Yesterday at 08:54:27 PMI'm just starting so how much did you lose if you don't mind me asking Tammy753... since you just a few months ahead of me ... trying to get a real idea of the shrink..

I'm coming up on 7 years of HRT. And I had shrinkage as well. But I think it has more to do with activity. As Devlyn said, the "use it or lose it" thing. I am asexual and have been celibate since 2017. So, not much action going on down there. Approaching zero.

I was never comfortable tucking. It gave the look, but it was too uncomfortable to sit for any length of time. Then I discovered compression underwear. Same effect, not uncomfortable to wear. So, the combination of no activity, no erections, hormones, and compression could have affected that. I have never enjoyed using it, so when I had the chance to opt out, I did.

There are some who have been on HRT for years and continue to use things as before. I don't know what their experience has been, but most report at least some shrinkage even with continued use. So it may be a YMMV situation.

Also note that the skin that is used is quite stretchy. Even after surgery, some women have lost depth for whatever reason, and by returning to their regular dilation schedule or dilating more often, they were able to regain it.

Sorry for jumping in. I'll let Tammy answer the question that was addressed to her.

My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

Reborn@57

No worries

Lori anytime that's what this page is for .. there's no wrong or right opinions.. it's great info and use it how you see fit ..

I'm asking cause well let's say I was blessed with a 3.5H and a 2s ... a really big guy ..lmbo.   But ticking sucks so bad when your tiny .. kinda bunches up so was hoping if it lost more on HRT .. maybe just go with the compression thing ..

Thanks ..
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Reborn@57 on Today at 07:08:57 AMNo worries

Lori anytime that's what this page is for .. there's no wrong or right opinions.. it's great info and use it how you see fit ..

I'm asking cause well let's say I was blessed with a 3.5H and a 2s ... a really big guy ..lmbo.   But ticking sucks so bad when your tiny .. kinda bunches up so was hoping if it lost more on HRT .. maybe just go with the compression thing ..

Thanks ..

I worked for me over time. If I could have had an orchiectomy six years ago when I asked my doctor for it, things would be much, much better. For my purposes, a zero-depth would suit me fine. There is still plenty of "baggage" for modeling material if I change my mind. I just don't see surgery happening for me in this lifetime. So, compression it is. Just squish the turtle and go.

😁
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗