Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

Dem Gov. has some choice words for Republicans... to support LGBTQ+ people

Started by Jessica_Rose, Yesterday at 09:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jessica_Rose ✅

Dem Gov. has some choice words for Republicans "who aren't smart enough" to support LGBTQ+ people

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2026/10/dem-gov-has-some-choice-words-for-republicans-who-arent-smart-enough-to-support-lgbtq-people/ 🔗

Molly Sprayregen (3 Oct 2026)

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) spoke at the Human Rights Campaign National Dinner last Saturday, where she told the more than 2000 attendees that "fighting for basic fundamental freedoms is the right thing to do and the politically smart thing to do every time."

As the keynote speaker, Whitmer emphasized the need to fight for these freedoms for every person "no matter who they are or who they sleep next to."

"As a friend and ally and fellow citizen, I will always, always have your back," she opened. "You deserve to love who you love no matter what; you deserve to be who you are no matter what; you deserve to be treated with dignity and respect just like every other human being no matter what. I see you, and I stand with you, and I will always fight like hell for you no matter what."

She also slammed anti-LGBTQ+ politicians, who, she told the crowd, "hurt you to help themselves."

She then spoke about her daughter, Sherry, coming out to her through a college application essay. "I didn't know I was raising a gay daughter all those years," she said, referring to her time working on pro-LGBTQ+ legislation as governor, "but I am damn proud I did."

------------------------------
@Sarah B
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot