Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

International letter-writing campaign helping trans people feel love...

Started by Jessica_Rose, Today at 12:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jessica_Rose ✅

The international letter-writing campaign helping trans people feel love, safety, & belonging

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2026/10/the-international-letter-writing-campaign-helping-trans-people-feel-love-safety-belonging/ 🔗

Darian Aaron (10 Oct 2026)

"I see you. You're valid. You're enough. I've got your back."

It's a simple message, but for many trans youth and adults, letters of affirmation, even from total strangers, can be lifesaving.

It's why messages like the above are the heart of an effort by Point of Pride, a national organization dedicated to helping trans people access gender-affirming care. Oftentimes, they are accompanied by monetary support to help folks access the care they need. Point of Pride offers scholarship-like programs for hormone replacement therapy – 153 recipients were recently awarded over $342,00 through the HRT Access Fund – as well as for electrolysis, gender reassignment surgery, and free chest binders or femme shapewear. The letter-writing campaign is meant to help trans people feel safe, healthy, and loved.

Jeff Main, a trans man and the executive director and co-founder of Point of Pride, oversees up to 60,000 card and care package deliveries monthly across all 50 states and abroad – 129 countries and counting. He told LGBTQ Nation that the idea for the campaign was hatched in 2011, when co-founder Aydian Dowling faced challenges raising money for his gender-affirming care, specifically top surgery.

-----------------------
@Sarah B
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Devlyn ✅


Lori Dee ✅

That is awesome!

But if I got a bunch of letters saying, "I see you," I might get thicker drapes.

😬
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

Devlyn ✅

Quote from: Lori Dee on Today at 12:52:04 PMThat is awesome!

But if I got a bunch of letters saying, "I see you," I might get thicker drapes.

😬

I just use Saran Wrap...🤣