Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Anyone who can't have electrolysis

Started by Bmore, March 17, 2006, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bmore

While back I started with an electrologist in Tampa, who I trusted, knew what she was doing. I ended up with a lot of scaring on my neck and needless to say became pretty discouraged. At the time she glibly said it would resolve, it didn't.Has anyone ever heard of a person whose skin was so sensitive they could'nt have 'lectro. I want to continue with this(obviously with someone else) but needless to say was pretty disappointed. Is there any way to clear up the skin she screwed up?
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Bmore.

People react differently to the many different things that we do to the skin.  For example there are men who can use an electric razor and then there are those who would break out in a rash if they used one.  Same for tattoos, body piercing, laser treatments and so on.

However for the technician to be scaring you like that would indicate that she is not very skilled at removing facial hair.  One way to find out would be to try another electrologist and see if you get the same results.  There is a real risk of scaring if the power to the probe is too high or she needs to make several attempts to zap the hair.

A good electrologist will keep a record of the power levels they use for different area of the face.  For example the upper lip generally doesn't need as much power to zap hairs as the goatee area.

Anyway check out this link:

Electrolysis

and

Standards of Practice

If your electrologist doesn't follow the standards then definitely look for another.

Steph
  •  

Annie Social

BMore...

Email me and I can give you the name & number of someone highly recommended in the Tampa Bay area...
  •  

Lisa

Bmore,
Just curious, did you hold a ground in your hand during treatments?  How many hours a week did you have treatments?
  •  

Bmore

No was I suppossed to be electrically connected to something? Other than listening to stereo headphones on a miniplayer, don't think there were any three plug adaptors stuck into me I didn't see. I'd go for 3 hours a week, that's all I could bear or afford at the time. I was consistent about it. It was summer down here, which is incredible hot and humid. She said she used a blend techneque. She thought nothing of having long chats on here wireless head phone while working on me, that's not what I was paying her for.I could have done better with a soldering iron.
  •  

Lisa

Ok, do I understand that you were not holding a ground in your hand or having it connected to your body?  If this is correct, there is NO WAY that you were having "The Blend" form of electrolysis.  "The Blend" uses both DC direct current AND AC alternating current.  You HAVE to have a ground in order for the circuit to be completed, otherwise you were having thermolysis treatments. 

Why was your electrologist talking on headphones while working on you?  How long did you go?  Are you happy with the results? Did you notice improvement?  If you did not notice improvement I hope that you changed and went to someone else.
  •  

Bmore

Thanks for pointing out the difference, well I suppose she was like a lot of Tampa bussinesses down here, a sham. No, I was very unhappy with her and wouldn't recommended her for a job in a delicatessen. Bewtween the scarring and her yaking on the phone, I felt she was very unprofessional(another TS had spoken highly of her, so I was very surprised)I'll be much better educated and demanding next time, but I'm in a clearer space now.
  •  

Lisa

Bmore,
It's a bit late now, but it is super important to do research and become educated before spending those hard-earned dollars.  I can understand how you trusted the person when she was recommended by someone else.  That's an unfortunate situation.  :(

What type of "scarring" are you referring to?  How many months did you go to this person?  I'm hoping that it wasn't too long.  The yaking on the phone definitely was not good because she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing.  Remember:  It's your money and your skin.  Be selective and trust your instincts.
  •  

gina_taylor

I agree with Stephanie. When I was younger, I used to break out in a rash after shaving and it looked like I had cat scratch fever. Thankfully, my skin has toughened up, and I use a disposable razor nowadays and I get better results!  ;D

Gina  :)
  •  

Lisa

You probably wonder how Lisa knows so much about electrolysis. Well, I was encouraged by one of my electrolysis clients who also posts to Susan's Place to "come out of the closet."  I am a Board Certified Electrologist by The American Electrology Association and have helped many people overcome unwanted hair problems.  Good results is what truly counts. 
  •  

Teri Anne

Hi Bmore -
You weren't holding a ground (or it wasn't attached to your body?)  Yikes, it's like you went through the pain and money for, well, you know.  I'm so sorry. 

Teri Anne
  •  

Hazumu

Quote from: Lisa Hitomi CPE Board Certified Electrologist on April 01, 2006, 01:11:16 AM
Well, I was encouraged by one of my electrolysis clients who also posts to Susan's Place to "come out of the closet."

Yikes!

I was just trying to be funny with that 'coming out' comment -- I'm surprised (and amused) to see it here  :D

Karen
  •