Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I came out to my daughter

Started by stephanie_craxford, June 08, 2005, 08:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

As some of you may recall my oly child and daughter was married 2 weeks ago and it was at her wedding that I wore male clothing for the last time.  I waited til after the wedding to come out to her as I didn't want to spoil or ruin things for her and her new husband.

So on Tuesday evening my wife and I went over to her house to look at the wedding photos and to to reveal Stephanie to her.  I was in male mode.  After the pictures, with my wife, her mother,  at my side and after what seemed to be an eternal pause I managed to get out the fact that I was transexual.  I started out asking her if she knew the extent of my life style and she said some.  I then went on to explain everything to her.  It was very emotional and i had to stop often to gather myself, but we got through it.  I assured her that I haven't changed on the inside, that I would always love her and that I would do anything for her, and be there for her.  I also, along with my wife, assured her that we would be staying to gether and not separating or divorcing, and that we loved each other too much for that.  At the end of it she accepted me as Stephanie, and you can't imagin how happy that makes me.

It turns out that she saw me (Stephanie) 2 months ago in the mall and she told me that after getting over being mad, she decided to tell her fiancee and it turns out that he is ok with it as well.

Soooooooooooo, I'm flying as high as a kite right now.  My wife is meeting with our daught tomorrow as she has some questions, but at the end of the day she is ok with me.  I feel so free.
  •  

Denise01

Hi Stephanie:

I am so glad that your Daughter was accepting  and that both her and her new husband are accepting  of the new you.

Congratulations on a job well done, and now this big hurddle is past, i am sure that  is a big load off your mind as your journey continues

Denise Love
Frankford, Ontario
  •  

Dennis

Congratulations Stephanie - you're 3 for 3 - work, partner, rest of family! Great batting average (see, I'm getting the sports talk down   :D )

Dennis
  •  

Dorian

Coming out is so freeing, and im really happy the outcome was this good.

Hmm, has the hard passed, dunno but now you know you can count on your daugther. One less worry ^^
  •  

4years

*HUGE HUG*
I'm SO happy for your Steph!
YAY!
  •