Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Genitals - To Hate or Not To Hate?

Started by Nero, February 27, 2008, 05:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

That is the question.

But in all seriousness - the whole genital loathing thing - I ain't got it. Never had it.
Only thing about my body I ever loathed was having tits (and awesome ones at that) and menses. Instead of despising my (meow) and innards, I've always been fascinated by them in a detached way. I love the way my body functions and what it does for me.
Just never gave a rat's behind that I was granted female genitals instead of male ones. Except for what it meant. I do hate what my genitals say to society.

So, this is a discussion about birth genitals and what they mean or meant to you.
Like em or loathe em - do share.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Natasha

despised mine.  glad they are goooone....
  •  

Alison

Don't mind my genitals in the least :)

I dislike my internal reproductive tract however, and the process it goes through.  And I don't enjoy my breasts at all either.
  •  

Zero

They exist. I don't really pay attention.
  •  

fluffy jorgen

QuoteOnly thing about my body I ever loathed was having tits.

Same. Get rid. Get rid! GET RID!
  •  

Sarah

No.
I don't.

Hate is a very strong word.

I don't prefer this state.
But I don't hate myself either.

Sara
  •  

Alyssa M.

Sort of like/dislike.

Benifits: less awkward when using the facilities (i.e, bushes) in the wilderness. Functional for ... uh, recreation.  :icon_redface:

Drawbacks: just plain awkward and in the way. I guess a bit like breasts for ftm's. Awkward to conceal. Really painful if they get in the way of a stray soccer ball or the like.  :o Times like that, the scale definitely tips toward hate.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

ambientdischord

There's nothing I want more in my life than for them to go away.  I HATE HATE them.
  •  

tinkerbell

Okay, first off, *that thing* was never "mine".  *it* was attached to me, but *it* was never a part of me.  I tried to take care of *it* on three separate occasions but I wasn't able to.  The pain was too intense, and the sight of blood made me give up.  I HATED, HATED, HATED, HATED, HATED, HATED HATED, HATED, HATED, HATED, *that thing* with all my might.  I hope that Dr. Meltzer fed some male rabid pitbulls with *that thing*.

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

StephanieC

I could give or take them.  What I do dislike for some reason is the hair...especially in the last few years.
  •  

Suzy

I can't necessarily say I hate them.  The main reason is that I look at them now as donor material.

Kristi
  •  

kae m

I don't like it, I wish I didn't have it, I hate using it, but I don't think I hate it.  What bothers me more than it's presence on my body is that people can see that it's there.  I hate what having it stands for more than physically having it, I guess.  I don't know, it really just shouldn't be here at all, but it is so I do my best to deal with it.
  •  

deviousxen

Final Answer: TO NOT HATE

Why?
There are goods and bads and screw the binary, thats why. Anyway...
Me and my genitalia have a kind of symbiotic business relationship. I beat the crap out of it, and it gives me dopamine. I don't really love it. I see this as a chore like eating or sleeping.

I don't hate it, its just not my scene really. The only thing I've hated is not identifying with my body and feeling disconnected from it. I've usually hated my testicles more actually cause they're the root of hair, and things which disgust me about my body.

I've never had a moment with a knife in my hand, but I've apathetically turned the bathwater up pretty high rather than fear anything bad sterilizing me like most males.

*sigh

For the sake of my role in the world I wish I could use it or loose it at will. The only thing I've hated is not identifying with my body and feeling disconnected from it.
  •  

Osiris

I've always felt that something was missing, and that my *meow* never really worked for me, but I don't hate it. I try to work with what I have.

However, I don't think I could live with it indefinitely as is. I kinda need a minor(major) addition down there.
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

Cortana

I absolutely, without a doubt in my mind, HATE :icon_evil: them. If I weren't so sure I'd bleed to death they would've been cut off a LONG time ago. I cannot stand them nor do I except them and the sooner thier gone the sooner I'm rid of a plague that has haunted me since the say I was born.

This may sound harsh to some of you, but, I have a deep hatred for what is between my legs and the pain and dispaire that it has caused me.

Anyway for the most part yes, YES, I do HATE them and wish thier timely dimise.
  •  

Purple Pimp

Don't hate.  How could I?  If I didn't have "it," I wouldn't have the donor material to soon have the vagina I want.  I don't like the social symbolism ascribed to the penis, but to hate a body part?  I don't know, it just seems weird, like saying one hates one's left eye or one's ring finger.  Reminds me of people who must have their healthy leg amputated for mental reasons.  Now, of course, there ARE plenty of transpeople who hate their genitals, and that's okay, I just can't say as I understand it.

Lia
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you would do. -- Epictetus
  •  

Annwyn

I'm grateful for the wonderful times my gonads have given me.

I'll be just as grateful for the times I'll enjoy when they're gone.

Right now, I'm just appreciating them staying there, being good tissue to convert into the more appropriate orifice I'm looking for.

So no, I've never hated my genitals.  They've gotten annoying at times.  I'd feel much better w/out them, but I can't say I haven't gotten anything out of them though.
  •  

deviousxen

Quote from: Annwyn on February 27, 2008, 10:41:23 PM
I'm grateful for the wonderful times my gonads have given me.

I'll be just as grateful for the times I'll enjoy when they're gone.

Right now, I'm just appreciating them staying there, being good tissue to convert into the more appropriate orifice I'm looking for.

So no, I've never hated my genitals.  They've gotten annoying at times.  I'd feel much better w/out them, but I can't say I haven't gotten anything out of them though.

There are some experiences one would never get without teh gonads...
  •  

Annwyn

Quote from: redfish on February 27, 2008, 11:19:02 PM
studies have actually shown that you can achieve orgasm from any part of your body

I want to be part of those studies...

Sooo badly.

:-)

Wait... thread hijack much?

Where's all the people talkin 'bout how much their genitals make them feel suicidal?
  •  

jenny_

It depends how i feel each day, lol.  Somedays i hate mine - the sight or thought of them fills me with disgust, they are just a useless, horrible wrongness (if thats a word), and i'd give anything to get rid of them.

Yet somedays, they don't bother me.  i never like them, but i feel ambivalent to them.  They still feel wrong, but they don't feel part of me somehow.  they're just there, just a mild curiousity.

they're always a constant nuisance though, i'm always terrified that they might be visible, and always checking.
  •