Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Have you lost your SO in transitioning?

Started by Jillieann Rose, June 03, 2006, 07:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did you lose your SO?

You didn't lose your SO.
16 (51.6%)
When you start HRT.
2 (6.5%)
Durning HRT.
5 (16.1%)
When you decided to have GRS
0 (0%)
You didn't lose your SO.
8 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

AbraCadabra

There was no more SO long before my transitioning.

Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

schism

mmh.  my husband couldn't handle my depression or identity problems, then when i realised what was causing them, he pretty much closed off to me completely.  but in my case, it was good for me to get out of that.  repressing crap. 
  •  

Robert Scott

My wife and I are still together --- we have done alot of work to be there ---- We had 8 months of couples counseling before I started hormones.  I have only been on hormones a month but things are still going good.  We still have a counseling session once a month.  We have been together 12 years so we are trying to grow old togeher
  •  

shortNsweet

My girlfriend and I are "engaged to be engaged" as everyone else calls us. We've been dating for over 5 years now and she has known about me for about 3 of those years. I haven't really started transitioning, but she has told me that she wouldn't be able to stay if I did anything. It's really hard because I basically have to choose one or the other.
  •  

karmatic1110

I lost a great relationship when I started transitioning, and picked up and even better one with a cute chickie about a year ago.  We live together now and things are going splendid.  I wouldn't change a thing.

envie

My spouse and I became sisters after I started changing physically under HRT.
We still live together, co- parent our daughter and have pretty much an amazing relationship, albeit the dynamic change.
Not lovers, but still family! Can't complain really although I miss at times terribly what we used to have as romantic partners.
We are both open to dating and finding future romantic partners and support each other mutually in that perspective as well.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Interesting poll, I answered "no I did not loose my so" after medically transitioning with HRT / GCS.

My soul mate and I have been together now for over 35 years, and we've been through an awful lot together. Transition definitely tested our love, and commitments, however I think our bonds are stronger today, the relationship has evolved, we are more like sisters now....

I told my wife about myself best I knew then before we were married....honesty, love, and deep trust factor large in our relationship.

Cynthia -
  •