Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Annual Friends of Susan get together?

Started by heatherrose, June 21, 2006, 12:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in meeting your sisters and brothers, that you have met at Susan's.org, at say......an anual banquet or such?

Oh definately, when and where?
I would if I can schedule it in.
I would but it depends on where it is held (logistic and travel expence considerations)
No

KelliTGirl

I'm all for it! Altho... I'm already in Tenn...but I'm returning home on the 5th.
  •  

MarcosGirl

Marco and I are definitely interested in this.  We were discussing the regional thing.  It's not that we don't want to meet everyone on here, but we feel we have become close to certain people that are from all different areas.  It seems that there is a conentration of people from the north western region of the U.S./Canada.  We are from So. Cal. and would be willing to drive north for our meeting.  But if there is a northern and a southern meeting here in the west, we don't want to feel like we are desserting the southerners here.

We're torn, but willing to travel.
  •  

Melissa

How about Oregon?  It's about the middle if you include Canada.

Melissa
  •  

Robyn

I run ElderTG, a news list for MTF/FTM/SOs age 50+.  We've had over 20 Pacific Northwest members to our home for Thanksgiving for 5 years in a row.  It is fun to at least do the regional thing.

Robyn
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

Melissa

Yeah, I would just like to meet Pam and Marco. :(

Melissa
  •  

tinkerbell

To be honest, I had thought about it!!!!

Yes, I'd be very pleased to meet all of you....let's try to organize something fun....

tinkerbell :icon_chick:

P.S.  yes, great idea...Oregon would be a perfect spot!!!!
  •  

Melissa

That's right, I forgot about all the SanFran people I'd like to meet. :)

Melissa
  •  

Dennis

I can finally travel outside the country. Got my citizenship card back. So yeah, I could do a meet in the States. Money and time permitting, of course.

Dennis
  •  

Luc

I'd love to meet some people from the site... I am currently in Indiana but will in 2 weeks be in Colorado (for a month or 2) before finally settling in Arizona. I'm good for travel, though; love it. If there were something in California, say, it would give me an excuse (as if I need one) to travel into my favorite state!

Rafe
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

MarcosGirl

Oregon is a great idea Melissa!!  And you're one of the main reasons that we would hit the road northbound!!  We want to meet you too!

;D ;D
Pam
  •  

ConfusedMichelle

Poor Brady is all by himself down here in little ole' Texas lol. Everyone meet should meet here ok? haha
  •  

heatherrose

Hey Brady,
Boy, where ever you are, you are not alone.
God, (Jesus) loves you and so do I.

Always Love,
Heather Rose
"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Yorick

I'd love to do something like this, but there's no way I could afford it now. *is flat broke*
  •  

beckster

Hey Peeps, was anything further arranged or discussed in terms of people meeting up.  Now that I can get discount on virgin atlantic flights am thinking of travelling to America this year if I can save the money ?

Becky
xx
  •  

Melissa

I don't know if anything definite is set up and I wasn't even sure if I would make it, but with all these new peeps like this wanting to go, it's definitely swaying my decision.

Melissa
  •  

beckster

Go on Melissa - you know you want to go !! Lol.  :)

Okay then, do we need someone to sort out a proper list of who wants to go, where they are and where they can travel to, etc ?

Becky
xx
  •  

Melissa

Well, whomever it is closest to gets to host it.  I hosted last year's.

Quote from: beckster on January 17, 2007, 11:00:46 AM
Go on Melissa - you know you want to go !! Lol.  :)
Actually Becky, you are one of the people I'd like to meet.  The main reason I was thinking I wouldn't is because I want to have my surgery this year and I thought it might be a bit cost prohibitive with paying to go there plus the surgery.  If it comes down to one or the other, the surgery will win out, but it has to also do with timing too.

Melissa
  •  

katia

Quote from: Laura Elizabeth Jones on January 17, 2007, 11:45:12 AM
I say that the next Susan's Fest should be in the Midwest.

i like the idea...what about an X city in colorado?

melissa, you can have your surgery in trinidad while you're there ;)
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Katia on January 17, 2007, 12:00:12 PM
Quote from: Laura Elizabeth Jones on January 17, 2007, 11:45:12 AM
I say that the next Susan's Fest should be in the Midwest.

i like the idea...what about an X city in colorado?

melissa, you can have your surgery in trinidad while we're there ;)
Except I'm planning on Thailand.  :-\

Melissa
  •  

beckster

Quote from: Melissa on January 17, 2007, 11:50:35 AM

Actually Becky, you are one of the people I'd like to meet.  Melissa

Same here hon, would be nice to meet you.  Same goes for a few other here on Susan's !!

I agree with you completely Melissa - meeting people is great but the surgery definately has to take priority.  Let's see what we can sort anyway !!
  •