Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

YOU TUBE help

Started by Lucy, May 23, 2008, 01:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy

I was contacted by this person on u-tube asking for help with her studies. Here have a listen to what is asked and said.

•  

tekla

I like the fact that she chose to end with her statement as to how she took a totally bogus title for herself.  Guess that goes with the bogus white girl dreads.  Perhaps her next vid might be on how she is in exile in Babylon as a Rata. 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

XylophoneGender

Perhaps, then, I should buzz my hair off and become an Authentic Butch Dyke?  Or maybe I should grow out my natural curls and be an Authentic Femme?  By all means, please share your wealth of wisdom and compassion on the topic, because I'm sure it is far superior to mine and I'm just some privileged White Girl who makes up issues to pass the time.  In contrast, all of your struggles, naturally, have been Real.  While your at it, would you mind explaining exactly which name prefix I was supposed to take, because I believe you neglected to impart that valuable tidbit of knowledge upon our audience.

I apologize to whomever else my above sarcasm has offended.  I got a little worked up since I do not appreciate persons verbally attacking me behind my back.
  •  

Pica Pica

i sent 'em a previous made video about labels, i do however think our concepts of this whole area are different. They implied that this was a choice, or about expression and labels as opposed to identity. I do not.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Shana A

I missed this thread previously. I've just watch the video and very much liked zie's ideas about gender labels. I'm also frustrated by internet forms that require a prefix before one can proceed. I've often thought of using similar prefix option, except in my case it would need to be Rabbi instead of Reverend  :laugh:

Zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

BFKate

Sorry, what was the question...?
  •  

Mister

about the hair...   haven't you (Susan included) ever hear of cultural appropriation?  dreadlocks and mohawks and such are considered racist statements by MANY people.  tekla and I live in San Francisco, hub of political correctness.  It was a true and accurate statement.
  •