Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

*Gawd* it hurts

Started by Veerle, May 25, 2008, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veerle

I finally had enough of the beard, and having no money left for more laser treatment untill October or so, I decided to do something else.

So, I took some emla creme, an ice pack; and placed the epilady on my face, after letting my beard to grow for 3 days.

Damn, it hurts!

But; it's smooth for the first time since years. What a relief. Ok, not every hair was a victim of the torture device. Like on my chin and moustache, nothing disappeared there  >:(
So i'll have to do that manually.

Just wanted to warn everyone as well what you're starting if you do something like this. It's actually not that well for my skin. And the Epilady took some hairs out, but it started to bleed a little bit.
First I thought this is is a piece of cake, keep my teeth clamped together.

Again, it hurts........
Luckily it wasn't thát much anymore (About 60% decrease from laser.) but still, it was quite a lot.

And gawd it hurts.
I took a break from cleaning up the chin, it's going to looks like it's taking ages.

Geez, just realizing now, if this hurts, what will I feel if I might ever take SRS....
  •  

annajasmine

I did the same thing but only got a little less than half way through and started tearing up bad then quit. I bled a little I think the damage was on par with shaving but the pain lasted for about 5 days. It been a couple months and the the hair on the right side still have not caught up with the left side. I wonder how epilady compares to laser pain(snapping of a rubber band supposedly info from the laser people in town) wise? I hope it doesn't  have a negative effect on future laser treatment.

Take care,
Anna
  •  

KarenLyn

I hope you realize that you will  have to let it grow for 6 to 8 weeks before a laser treatment and it may take longer than that. The roots have to be intact for the laser to effect them and you're pulling them out. I did that and it took several extra treatments because of the time  it took for the regrowth.

Karen Lyn
  •  

Veerle

Laser treatmant wasn't that bad, less pain than this actually  ::)

And yes, I save money untill october; which is ehm 5 months, so enough time (And maybe it takes longer for me to save money for it.)

BTW, it look spretty smooth.

And I cried like hell eventually, so that's why I had to take the break ;)
  •