Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I got my Date

Started by stephanie_craxford, July 20, 2006, 02:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheila

Well Steph, I don't think your older than me. You look very nice and sexy. You are going to love Christmas this year. What do you want for Christmas Steph? I don't think you will be doing a lot of shopping, unless you start now. Time will creep up on you. You are very lucky indeed.
Sheila
  •  

Robyn

Quote from: Sheila on July 22, 2006, 06:30:19 PM
What do you want for Christmas Steph? Sheila

The Walmart brand KY Jelly substitute.  Lots of it to begin with. 

Lube yourself and the stent, Steph.

And get used to it.  Dilating is forever.

I don't know if Dr. Brassard's stents have names.  Dr. Meltzer's are called Bachelors #1, 2, 3, and 4.  Sometimes #4 is also called "Omigawd."

Robyn
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Sheila on July 22, 2006, 06:30:19 PM
Well Steph, I don't think your older than me. You look very nice and sexy. You are going to love Christmas this year. What do you want for Christmas Steph? I don't think you will be doing a lot of shopping, unless you start now. Time will creep up on you. You are very lucky indeed.
Sheila

Lucky!  Yep I think so Leigh and I talked about this in the past, and I was really resigned to the fact that it would be around this time next year that I would be scheduled, so right now I'm feeling so out of this world that words can't describe it.  Jeeze, don't even mention the word shopping, Gill will shoot me, but then it is a thought, ho, ho, ho, and laid up and sore :)   Better not as that would be pushing things :)

Steph

Posted at: July 22, 2006, 05:46:47 PM

Quote from: reikirobyn on July 22, 2006, 06:44:15 PM

Oh lord, Christmas wishes already :)

Steph
  •  

Gill

Quote from: Leigh on July 20, 2006, 09:05:16 PM
Steph

Things they don't tell ya.

Buy lots more toilet paper--you have double the useage.
There is not enough paper towels--stents and dialating can use up a forest.
dialating-it hurts-its ok-its fun, real fun--its boring as hell, in that order.
Never let loose of the stent if you sneeze--they can travel farther than you think.
No matter what you first think the largest stent does not burn diesel and run on tracks.

Get over it, you are nothing special now, just another woman--and its a great feeling.

WTG Steph- :icon_birthday:

Hey Leigh:

I've told Steph about sneezing.  After I had my baby I had to sneeze and thought I blew my whole insides out.  My advice was to keep your legs crossed..... :D

Gill
  •  

Leigh

Quote from: reikirobyn on July 22, 2006, 06:44:15 PM
The Walmart brand KY Jelly substitute.  Lots of it to begin with. 

I used Surgilube-purchased by the case.  If I remember right it came out to $1.59 for a 4 1/4 oz. tube,  When you consider the amount you will use just in the first 6 months its to bad it isn't avaiable in 5 gallon buckets.

Once you are past the 2 or 3 times a day routine there are better products but much more expensive, such as Liquid Silk.
I don't know if Dr. Brassard's stents have names.  Dr. Meltzer's are called Bachelors #1, 2, 3, and 4.  Sometimes #4 is also called "Omigawd."

Dr. Sanguan supplies 6 stents, the largest is slightly smaller than Dr. Tobys #4.  Once I was past the mandatory maintance program I switched to silicone, much more comfortable and "enjoyable".

Leigh
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: cindianna_jones on July 23, 2006, 12:20:35 AM
"Cindi, I'd like you to meet William Hurt, my stent," she said.
"William Hurt?" I asked with incredulous awe.
"Yes he does," she answered with a twinkle in her eye.

Cindi

He may hurt but does he smoke afterwards :)

Quote from: Leigh on July 23, 2006, 10:56:07 AM
I used Surgilube-purchased by the case.  If I remember right it came out to $1.59 for a 4 1/4 oz. tube,  When you consider the amount you will use just in the first 6 months its to bad it isn't avaiable in 5 gallon buckets.

Once you are past the 2 or 3 times a day routine there are better products but much more expensive, such as Liquid Silk.
Leigh

So it looks like I'll be shopping in the bulk section at Costco :)  It is cheaper by the dozen I guess.

Steph
  •  

Karin

Quote from: Steph on July 20, 2006, 02:55:24 PM
I had a choice of Dec 5th or December 11th.  I chose Dec 11th, which is a Monday as it fits in with travel, family and work.

Congratulations Steph.  I was 6 Dec 2005 (and it was COLD!).  Dr. Brassard is a superb surgeon and a wonderful man.  If you still have an option, take a Tuesday, one less day with the surgical stent and those turkey truss stiches.

Allegromedical.com has excellent pricies on surgilube.  I recommend ordering four cases.  You'll go through it.  Trust me. :D
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Karin on July 23, 2006, 07:27:51 PM
Congratulations Steph.  I was 6 Dec 2005 (and it was COLD!).  Dr. Brassard is a superb surgeon and a wonderful man.  If you still have an option, take a Tuesday, one less day with the surgical stent and those turkey truss stiches.

Allegromedical.com has excellent pricies on surgilube.  I recommend ordering four cases.  You'll go through it.  Trust me. :D

Too late, the 11th is a Monday... :( *shrug*.

Steph
  •  

Mario

Steph,

I,m sure you are beyond happy. :icon_mrhappy:

Marco
  •