Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

legal?

Started by Jackie, June 24, 2005, 01:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackie

Is it legal, can someone be arrested for crossdressing in public? I've only gone out once as a woman and was so scared of...everything actually but I did it and plan on going out in drag again. I just started thinking, what if I get arrested, dressed up all hot looking and get thrown in jail!
???
  •  

Debtv

Well its legal...but in a lot of places it not legal to use the womens bathroom. And don't drink and drive.

But accepted? It's not really accepted in many places. so, I would suggest you tell a few good friends about it...and never go out alone. It is much safer to be with others or at least another.

I hardly ever go out alone enfemme....safety first hon!

Love
DebTV
  •  

Jackie

I would feel so much safer being with someone else but I have not been able to tell anyone that I know, I'm still in the closet.

The one time I went out I was by myself but picked up CD while driving around and around. She thought I wanted sex but after I explained my fear, she offered to come with me into a club and help me.

Can you point me to  a local crossdressers group in the Austin or San Antonio Texas area?
  •  

Debtv

I used susans search engine on the front page and found this:

From "The Central Texas Trangender Society"
http://www.cttgs.org/clubs.html

It says:

Unfortunately, there aren't many places in the Central Texas area that welcome us.
We recently finished a couple of months of experimenting and have now identified
a couple of restaurants that accept us. This not to say that there might not be
shocked customer or two. And if you're able to pass 100%, you won't have a problem
anywhere, but if you're concerned about being "read," you probably ought to
stick with the ones we've listed below.

and it has an email too!

Love
DebTV
  •  

gina_taylor

I've checked with the local police here in Port Cahrlotte, Florida and they've told me that it is not illegal for a person to cross-dress unless he's committed some crime which he / she is trying to elude the police.

Gina
  •  

Jackie

Well unfortunately I'm not passable...unless it's mighty dark  :-X
Anyway thanks DebTV and Gina for the info! I'll be sure to check out the places listed here http://www.cttgs.org/clubs.html as soon as I can find someone to go with me.

thanks girls!
Jackie
  •  

Morgan

All I can say to you is be very careful when you go out. There are evil people that will try and hurt you if they can. My advice is hook up with a group in your area.

Mandy.

•