Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Are any of you guys involved romantically now?

Started by Drew, June 24, 2005, 09:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew

And if so, does your partner know what is going on?  I have been involved with my partner, "J", for six years.  When I really started experiencing gender stuff three years ago, I told her up front.  She asks me periodically if I still want to be a boy.  I tell her I don't know yet.  Rather, I tell her that I do, but I am uncertain about the risks.  I finally got a letter from my new insurance company two days ago...I will wait until I have the card in my hand before I get us to therapy.  This is so hard.  Last night, I thought I heard a noise.  I quietly grabbed my steer horn from my dresser, and ventured out into the house.  I crept to each room ready to dispatch any intruder.  When I returned to bed, confident that the house was interloper-free, J roused slightly and asked if I was o.k.  I told her I thought I heard something and just did a perimeter check.  I don't think most normal chicks do this.  In fact, most normal GUYS may not.  I am very protective this way.    Plus, we are considered a lesbian couple, and J may be traumatized by becoming "straight".  What is your experience?  I don't feel like a lesbian, I don't really feel girly in any way.  Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts.
  •  

4years

Good for you!
An a steer horn is a right good idea too (=
I've never qualified as normal but for what it is worth I'm very protective of my environment also.
Um, I'll go back to my own boards now... :icon_suspicious:
  •  

Sarra

Well, from what I have learned from my other FTM friends, most FTM's perfer to be 'genderqueer' than to do a full transition. I think that it's due, in part, to the lack of effective surgical procedures that are available (or rather not available).

Being overly protective? Is it jealous protective, territorial, or some other kind of protective? Or paranoid protective?

Since I have had some long term hormonal issues, and thus, developmental issues, I can't really comment on what is 'normal' for a guy to do in a similar situation. When I get paranoid, I may walk our property at night, but that stopped when I was about 16 years old.
  •  

Dennis

It's not genderqueer when you don't have the bottom surgery. Genderqueer is someone who considers themselves something other than male or female.

An FTM without bottom surgery still considers himself male.

And to the original question: my partner had too much difficulty with the transition and ended the relationship. One of the concerns she expressed was the lesbian thing too.

Dennis
  •  

Nathan

Im definately involved romantically, heh, with My partner Tristan. :D
And I also wanted to comment that Im FTM without top/bottom surgery, and I definately still see myself as male.

With or without surgery, Im still very much male within. :angel:

Nathan ~*~
  •