Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Labels

Started by stephanie_craxford, June 29, 2005, 07:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielegrl

Well i have labels for me. Like lesbian which tells men don't waste your time with me. I also have transbian which means i like girls like me. I also have lean and healthy and blonde etc etc etc.. works for me.. :)
  •  

Sarah Louise

Labels can never totally discribe a person.  No one fits into just one catagory and trying to force someone into a "tight" label does them an injustice.

I don't like the term TS, I would rather just be called a woman.  But I guess shrinks and society in general needs some way to put us in a seperate area so they can forget about us.

Sarah
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Svetlana

i personally feel that if you are post-op, you shouldn't be labelled TS at all.  that's my opinion on it.  i'm less sure about it, when it comes to pre-ops (like myself).  if i call myself TS, people might think i'm "therefore" not a woman.  but i am.  so to keep it accurate, i might think to not call myself TS... but if i do that, people will think i've got female genitalia.  which i don't.  so i go back to the thing of calling myself TS again... and it goes around in an endless logic loop.

i seem to settle on calling myself "mid-transition" because, as most people don't know what i mean by it, they don't bother thinking anything of it.  yet if somebody were to assume i have female genitalia, i did say something that might've warned them.  it's a bad compromise, but i don't see any perfect solution, so i make do with it.
  •  

Terri-Gene

I personally have a distaste for labels as all they are is an attempt to "discribe" ourselves to other individuals, and of course everyone personally describes a particular label different then others, so no true picture is communicated.

I find it much more worthy to simply let others feel and experience what you are by your own conduct toward them and others.  It doesn't allways put you in the best light, depending on thier pre-concieved views,or understanding of your actions, but over the long run is much more honest and less open to interpetation in the long run as it is more fact and individually based rather then group based.  We are after all, individuals with individual experience and feelings.

Win some, lose some

Terri
  •  

lisagurl

Ah!  Semantics, life is to complicated for words any way. Each second brings its own unique situation. Labels only generalize it as in "average" there is none.
  •  

VeryGnawty

The problem with labels is that in order to accurately describe something, you have to use so many labels that everyone is confused, and you could have just explained it faster in plain English in the first place.
"The cake is a lie."
  •